Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

Not being totally averse to something is very different to being ‘excited’ by it!  The bigger picture is whether we are weaker or stronger at the end of the Window; sadly I don’t think we were by enough at the end of the summer.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Have to agree... I have been slightly disappointed the last few transfer windows , so I am prepared for "being disappointed" again... If we do not make at least two decent signings (defense and attack) ... I will be a bit down (don't wanna sound too negative).

I think we just have to do all we can to stay up , but I haven't been filled with confidence by the last few interviews with members of the training staff... 

No money in the kitty is no joy in the overinflated winter transfer period...

Edited by ROBFLECK

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

That might fit in with why I’ve always visited that area pre match over the years. I do love history so I’ll read up on it. 

Very famous and very historical. Well worth a read. Antoinette Hannent was an icon

Just read about her and then saw a video of her singing... Fascinating story!

Was a cool snapshot into a time forgotten, of which I have no real life experience of.

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

Have to agree... I have been slightly disapointed the last few transfer windows , so I am prepared for "being disapointed" again... If we do not make at least two decent signings (defense and attack) ... I will be a bit down (don't wanna sound too negative).

I think we just have to do all we can to stay up , but I haven't been filled with confidence by the last few interviews with members of the training staff... 

No money in the kitty is no joy in the overinflated winter transfer period...

P off Flecky.

You've missed a P off.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

And you shouldn’t get too excited about a decent young player leaving the club. 

Not if it makes the  club stronger.......as a whole. Sometimes one step backwards enables you to take two steps forward.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

P off Flecky.

You've missed a P off.

omg...shameful I'm disappointed in myself

• Haha 1

Bethnal, who left here, is worth following on twitter, always posts some interesting stuff in the transfer window

Duda would be an upgrade on  the Kenny / Stiepi options and strengthen a key area of weakness.   a strong player too who is prepared to tackle rather than just harry,  which is needed.   Young enough is another bonus;   can he recapture last years goal scoring form? 

Edited by ZLF

Just now, ZLF said:

Duda would be an upgrade on  the Kenny / Stiepi options and strengthen a key area of weakness.   a strong player too which woul dbe an advantage.    Young enough too;   can he recapture last years goal scoring form? 

I imagine he would command a decent fee too circa £8m. By his own omission he wants to leave and I recall his name has been mentioned before as a target.

1 minute ago, ZLF said:

Duda would be an upgrade on  the Kenny / Stiepi options and strengthen a key area of weakness.   a strong player too which woul dbe an advantage.    Young enough too;   can he recapture last years goal scoring form? 

Very much an upgrade! Apparently Arsenal and Milan were keen after his exploits last season.

On goal scoring form, though... Sometimes a player just needs to feel loved and to fit in with a team/coach's style of play. Hernandez and Stiepi, for example, scored more goals for us than other teams they've played for in a similar amount of time. Just a case of being a good fit. Hopefully he is!

9 minutes ago, ZLF said:

Duda would be an upgrade on  the Kenny / Stiepi options and strengthen a key area of weakness.   a strong player too who is prepared to tackle rather than just harry,  which is needed.   Young enough is another bonus;   can he recapture last years goal scoring form? 

Definite upgrade. If he's willing to come to a team which looks like it'll be in the Championship next season is more the question. However, having not played as well this season I can't see another Prem team going for him.

• Like 1

Duda clearly not fit what klinnsman ideas are  so the timing suits;  whether a relegated battling team appeals is probably the key matter

And we did have c£15m available from the failed french winger bid so possible 

but at £8m the leaked news may be there to entice interest from other prem clubs...

Edited by ZLF

Wonder whether we're investing or have already agreed a sale of a player?

33 minutes ago, Diane said:

Bethnal, who left here, is worth following on twitter, always posts some interesting stuff in the transfer window

What's his twitter account Diane? I can't find it.

49 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Certainly ticks a lot of the boxes... good age, talented but fallen out of favour etc.

I was hoping we would sign a no. 10 with a goal threat so I'd be very happy with this. Hopefully he can help turn some of these draws into wins!

To be fair, it’s certainly an area which needed strengthening as Stiepermann isn’t the greatest number 10, played well last week, but can see him being sold if this comes off.

Yes would the sale of Aarons be beneficial if we use that money to bring I that young CB from Ajax and possibly another decent player? I’d say yes, as I’ve posted there’s no point selling a player as we’re going to pay a hefty tax bill on our profits, better off to reinvest in future players.

Fingers crosses this and Sven Botman comes off today.

No option to buy doesn’t mean you can’t buy, though, it just keeps all options open on all sides. Should he sign, it works out and we stay up, I imagine a deal would quite likely follow.

Hope this is a done deal, looks to be a step up over stiep and McMayor, time will tell.. Need another goal source. Hopefully he can turn supplier aswell.