Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

58 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fantastic news. Maybe Forest Green have someone available looking for more game time too ? 

Jesus fecking wept.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fantastic news. Maybe Forest Green have someone available looking for more game time too ? 

I don't know. A 19 year old Chelsea player who has scored 6 goals from a deep lying position, and provided a few assists, in only half a season and with Charlton bottom?

Do your homework mate.

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

I don't know. A 19 year old Chelsea player who has scored 6 goals from a deep lying position, and provided a few assists, in only half a season and with Charlton bottom?

Do your homework mate.

He'd much rather criticise without the inclusion of facts, if that's alright with everyone else. It's all been a bit...tragic lately.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

He'd much rather criticise without the inclusion of facts, if that's alright with everyone else. It's all been a bit...tragic lately.

Oh Christ not you brown nosing again. 

4 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Do your homework mate.

You could be right and he’ll turn into a cracking player.The point is the potential signings are the cheap option again and very underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Oh Christ not you brown nosing again. 

It isn't brownnosing to point out, in this case, you're talking ****.

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Do your homework mate.

You must do your homework too. Unless Charlton have been given a points deduction this morning they aren’t bottom. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If they have a player good enough for us then let’s go for it👍.  You don’t appear to have much of an idea about the bigger picture, do you.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

You must do your homework too. Unless Charlton have been given a points deduction this morning they aren’t bottom. 

Very sorry about that. I was talking about the player, predominantly, and not the club!

Anyway, as you have said yourself, another prospect. I would be pleased to have him on board, if true. Fits with our policy of bringing in younger players. I'd just hope he actually gets some game time!

Admittedly, YT vids are not always the best yardstick to judge a player by. But have a look at this...

1 minute ago, BobLoz3 said:

Admittedly, YT vids are not always the best yardstick to judge a player by. But have a look at this...

Admittedly he looks half decent. That said it’s the last throw of the dice now and it’s a top class centre half that’s needed. We have the flair in midfield to match a lot of teams but just can’t defend. 

• Like 1

Fair few rumors circulating now that Aarons maybe off for circa £30million. I would whether we maybe tempted to sell and have Byram start, with a back up coming in also? Dortmund are the latest club to show an interest and Skysports are frequently mentioning his name today...

23 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Seems a very decent young player. Would prefer him on a Permanent deal rather than a loan.

Would be a good longer term signing on a permanent,  seems to have a similar profile to vrancic with a firmer defensive presence,  which should only help the back line too.   It is a position that needs enhancing for prem competitiveness,  along with CB and the no 10 position.

Edited by ZLF

31 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Admittedly he looks half decent. That said it’s the last throw of the dice now and it’s a top class centre half that’s needed. We have the flair in midfield to match a lot of teams but just can’t defend. 

Well, we're clearly in the market for a CB. I don't think adding another DM would do us any harm. Take the pressure off Tettey and Gallagher is arguably more atuned to British football than Amadou is currently.

We won't be signing Gallagher on a permanent. Lampard and Chelsea very keen on him. He's their player and they feel he has a future with the club. Would help them too, to see how he does in the Prem.

Norwich chase Ajax starlet?

The word on the street in the Netherlands is that Ajax central defender Sven Botman could be on his way to Norwich.

The 19-year-old is currently on loan at Heerenveen bus has a couple of years left on his contract at Ajax.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Norwich chase Ajax starlet?

The word on the street in the Netherlands is that Ajax central defender Sven Botman could be on his way to Norwich.

The 19-year-old is currently on loan at Heerenveen bus has a couple of years left on his contract at Ajax.

Ber street by the Harley Davidson showroom ? 

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

There should be a hyphen between "Harley" and "Davidson"..........

Humble apologies but was I correct ?

No. The article I pasted was from the BBC and uses the new language we all have to use with our new PM and US President.

"The word on the street."

And Ber Street wasn't the place for a young man when I lived in Norwich. Jolly Butcher's, nod nod, win wink.

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

No. The article I pasted was from the BBC and uses the new language we all have to use with our new PM and US President.

"The word on the street."

And Ber Street wasn't the place for a young man when I lived in Norwich. Jolly Butcher's, nod nod, win wink.

That might fit in with why I’ve always visited that area pre match over the years. I do love history so I’ll read up on it. 

That might fit in with why I’ve always visited that area pre match over the years. I do love history so I’ll read up on it. 

Very famous and very historical. Well worth a read. Antoinette Hannent was an icon

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Very famous and very historical. Well worth a read. Antoinette Hannent was an icon

The first woman to write a book has a cell near by ? She’s etched on the cathedral I believe. 

• Confused 1

Back to matters in-hand - I’d not be totally averse to selling Aarons if we got a couple of decent guys (+maybe Wanyama on loan) in return. Byram has shown himself to be more than capable as a replacement, but we’d definitely need more depth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Back to matters in-hand - I’d not be totally averse to selling Aarons if we got a couple of decent guys (+maybe Wanyama on loan) in return. Byram has shown himself to be more than capable as a replacement, but we’d definitely need more depth.

The matters in hand ? Haven’t got time for lewd talk as I start work soon. 

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

And you shouldn’t get too excited about a decent young player leaving the club.