Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Incoming?

Just seen Wanyama mentioned here - he would be THE perfect signing at the present time. A destructive deep midfielder with great stamina and an ability to cover many, many gaps. The more I think about it, the more I believe that we would really push the boat out to get him. He could turn our season.

8 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Exactly right clint , i have many times heard correct information and shared on here ,

you can not say  e.g bill smith told me he is head scout etc i have never revealed my source  

I'm not saying give the name of the person who told you but the players we are apparently about to sign, or say what positions they play. 

18 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Just seen Wanyama mentioned here - he would be THE perfect signing at the present time. A destructive deep midfielder with great stamina and an ability to cover many, many gaps. The more I think about it, the more I believe that we would really push the boat out to get him. He could turn our season.

I'd imagine him to go back to Southampton. Dont think we'll sign anyone like that as they'll look at us and be like nah, no chance

12 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I'd imagine him to go back to Southampton. Dont think we'll sign anyone like that as they'll look at us and be like nah, no chance

Players want to play. That's would be the attraction of coming to a club tbat needed him.

12 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Players want to play. That's would be the attraction of coming to a club tbat needed him.

I could maybe see it on loan, no way he signs permanently though.

Also isn't Amadou supposed to be that exact type of player?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Wanyama is on how much a week? Just saying..

I think that's the point most of us are making. He would smash our wage cap I would imagine.

Not sure on the finances - a half-season loan would probably see us only paying part of the wages for a player.  I’d think most - but not all - players would prefer to be playing than not, and being a ‘star’ here rather than being out in the cold at their parent club might well appeal to some.

The way to overcome that problem is to loan contract him for the rest of the season, putting him on the same basic as Grant Hanley, but add enormous incentives for helping us to stay up. Keeps everyone happy. 

Sheer unadulterated speculation, but still exciting.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I could maybe see it on loan, no way he signs permanently though.

Also isn't Amadou supposed to be that exact type of player?

That's a bit like saying Grant Hanley is the same type of player as Virgil Van Dijk though :classic_laugh:

Wanyama has proven ability at the highest level whereas Amadou is someone with the potential to step up and therefore much more of a Norwich signing. I expect if we were going to make a signing like Wanyama we'd have done it in the Summer instead of Amadou.

As I said earlier I don't think it will happen, but agree with those who say he could be a fantastic player for us.

This might be seen as a negative championship preparing signing but bringing Kyle Naughton back for me would be good business especially as he is versatile at left and right back. 

dwight Gayle would also be a good signing but wages could be a stumbling block.

https://sempremilan.com/gds-ac-milan-willing-to-let-piatek-leave-only-on-loan-the-reason

Piatek been made available for loan by Milan - They paid 35mill for him last January and he was unstoppable but hit a poor patch of form at start of this season and Milan signed Ibrahimovic. Would LOVE to be able to get him in - he's the real deal and a change of scenery might just get him firing again. Somehow can't see it happening though.

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

Been linked with Isaac Keise Thelin a Swedish striker, according to the front page.

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

Been linked with Isaac Keise Thelin a Swedish striker, according to the front page.

We do like the Scandinavian players to be fair 😆

The Swede doesn’t seem to be happening....but hopefully we’ll have some news soon

Edited by Branston Pickle

I think we could do with another pacey option going forward. Onel was electric when he first came back but has dropped off a bit. A player with pace who can play wide or central would be on my list. 

Few bits online regarding the potential of us casting an eye over Ben Gibson of Burnley, who is looking for a new club due to lack of game time. Could be a good addition to our back line, as when he was in form he's arguably better than any of the rest of our center backs.

I suspect Burnley would be looking to recoup most of the £15million 🙄 they purchased him for, so wonder whether this deal wouldn't happen for this point alone

Edited by jaberry2

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Few bits online regarding the potential of us casting an eye over Ben Gibson of Burnley, who is looking for a new club due to lack of game time. Could be a good addition to our back line, as when he was in form he's arguably better than any of the rest of our center backs.

I suspect Burnley would be looking to recoup most of the £15million 🙄 they purchased him for, so wonder whether this deal wouldn't happen for this point alone

They wouldn’t have a hope in hell of getting anywhere near £15 mil for him, he’s only ever played one game for them in a year or two so his value will have decreased by some way.

That said, maybe Daniel Levy could help them out, I believe he’d sanction a deal for £15 mil.

• Haha 1

I actually don't know if we'll sign anyone particularly exciting. Just can't see it. A shame of course.

We may get a nice loan or two in, that's about the size of it as far as I can tell. But this regime can sometimes come up with a surprise so let's see!

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I actually don't know if we'll sign anyone particularly exciting. Just can't see it. A shame of course.

We may get a nice loan or two in, that's about the size of it as far as I can tell. But this regime can sometimes come up with a surprise so let's see!

For me it would be utterly pointless bringing in loan signings now, unless we're planning on signing them permanently at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

For me it would be utterly pointless bringing in loan signings now, unless we're planning on signing them permanently at the end of the season.

Not if they're signings that the club believe will still give us a fighting chance of staying up. Just because some fans have given up doesn't mean the club has.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Not if they're signings that the club believe will still give us a fighting chance of staying up. Just because some fans have given up doesn't mean the club has.

That is why I said 'for me.'

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think we may see two players... Although I'm basing this on absolutely nowt!

But I reckon we'll get a permanent player and a loan player. I don't know why, just have this feeling.

We have struggled with the loans we have brought in, no doubt about it, and Farke has alluded to the fact that he doesn't like doing loans that much because they may not be overly committed. However, there will be a thirst from fans to see us sign someone and a quality young loan player could perhaps help quench that thirst! Again, it is pointless just doing something like that for the sake of it, but I do think it might happen if it's someone they feel could definitely help improve our fortunes.

I thought farkes quote about the attitudes of loan players was interesting. Maybe a dig at Roberts. 

46 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Guardian reckons Palace, Brighton and us are interested in  Mbwana Samatta from Genk........

I cant see him being interested in a) coming to Norwich b) us paying £9million for striker who potentially would play second fiddle. With this said, if Pukki's injury is more concerning than first thought we may expect a decent striker to come on board.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Also Sven Botman from Ajax. Central defender who can score too, which would be nice.

Google translate

DOHA - Ajax must make a decision earlier than planned about the future of Sven Botman (19). Norwich City has registered in Amsterdam for the talented center defender, who is now rented out to SC Heerenveen. The English want to take over the youth international immediately.

With that, the Premier League club poses Marc Overmars for a difficult choice. Initially, the intention was to follow Botman's development closely. After the rental period to the Frisians, it could then be assessed whether the defender would be good enough for Ajax 1 in the long term. Recently, Overmars and head scout Henk Veldmate visited SC Heerenveen-Willem II to see Botman live.

Due to the interest from England, Botman will sooner want to know what route Ajax wants to go with him and - more importantly - whether Erik ten Hag sees it in him. The Badhoevedorper is under contract with Ajax for another two years, which, however, cannot claim the top prize for him. Botman still has a youth contract. At Norwich City, where goalkeeper Tim Krul is also under contract, there is a much more lucrative and longer commitment for Botman.

Botman, who is celebrating his twentieth birthday on Sunday, this season saw 18 Eredivisie games for SC Heerenveen. He scored twice and delivered four assists. He is currently training camp with his teammates in Spain.