Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

With all the talk of Roberts going back and Leitner/others potentially leaving, I’m astounded that we don’t seem to have hit the ground running in terms of getting a body or two in.  

We are getting more and more up against it, having fallen behind the others over Christmas.  Given DF’s penchant for leaving it an age before playing new signings, I’d have thought we’d have guys coming in sooner rather than later...this is one window where we don’t want to be waiting around.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has got to be a record for earliest 'why haven't we signed anyone?' post in a transfer window.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It isn’t a ‘why haven’t we signed anyone’ thread in that sense - I’m not like that - but we all know that we are threadbare up front and in defence, I was hoping/expecting us to hit the ground running this window.  It’s good that there’s no league game until the 11th but games come thick and fast after that and we need to give ourselves the best chance if we are to survive.

The thread is a pretty straightforward question 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been 3 or 4 players mentioned these last 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Don't know if this is just agent talk:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/02/do-report-norwich-want-11m-premier-league-veteran-and-ten-goal-s/

Edit: I think the striker situation is getting really desperate'; According to Bailey Teemu's toe is still numb (injections before each game) that's why he's been a bit off it. It's a "right mess" apparently

 

Edited by ron obvious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is a fair question. Most new players have to wait a month before they are  expected to be used to our system. Fair enough, that is what happens but when you are struggling, I think new blood ought to be able to walk into the team providing they have been playing and are fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Ive seen that rumour about Wanyama. I wonder whether we could get anywhere near his desired wage demands. Not sure about the Samatta rumour and whether he would want to play second fiddle to Pukki and I dont think he could play behind Pukki as a number 10. Perhaps we're getting rid of Srbeny and getting in someone who could compete for Pukki's place with Idah playing back up to them both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Ive seen that rumour about Wanyama. I wonder whether we could get anywhere near his desired wage demands. Not sure about the Samatta rumour and whether he would want to play second fiddle to Pukki and I dont think he could play behind Pukki as a number 10. Perhaps we're getting rid of Srbeny and getting in someone who could compete for Pukki's place with Idah playing back up to them both?

It's interesting to note that for our home 'form' we are 6th equal (most) in terms of goals scored at home so we haven't struggled so much on the attacking front. Away we have scored far less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sonyc said:

It's interesting to note that for our home 'form' we are 6th equal (most) in terms of goals scored at home so we haven't struggled so much on the attacking front. Away we have scored far less.

I think the main point still remains if Pukki were to get injured suspended or just plain knackered, we dont really have a proven goal scoring back up, which is suicidal at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are after Mbappe for 12.5m, he will take a contract of 30k a week with 1k goal bonus.

Saw him at morrisons 5 mins ago getting some mince pies and mulled wine 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaberry2 said:

I think the main point still remains if Pukki were to get injured suspended or just plain knackered, we dont really have a proven goal scoring back up, which is suicidal at this level.

What, you mean Stiepi can't do it??! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

We are after Mbappe for 12.5m, he will take a contract of 30k a week with 1k goal bonus.

Saw him at morrisons 5 mins ago getting some mince pies and mulled wine 🤣

The diet of an elite athlete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think the main point still remains if Pukki were to get injured suspended or just plain knackered, we dont really have a proven goal scoring back up, which is suicidal at this level.

To be fair few of the relegation threatened clubs have more than one good premier league goal-scorer; although I do agree we should be looking to strengthen that area.

In terms of signings quite a few of ours under Webber have come without the media really knowing about it - hoping thats the case and we have a couple already lined up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have two signings pretty much done and dusted I believe. No great rush to get them in as FA cup this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if we may yet see Jordan? He'd certainly fit in without any lead time, so no need to rush in for him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this for pure speculation (as I'm bored at work). Tottenham agree a price to take Max Arrons with a loan back for the rest of the season and as part of that deal they throw in Wanyama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clint said:

We have two signings pretty much done and dusted I believe. No great rush to get them in as FA cup this weekend.

Interesting... A friend told me we had a CB already lined up.

Probably Strandberg who was apparently on trial with us... reasonably underwhelming if so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I wonder if we may yet see Jordan? He'd certainly fit in without any lead time, so no need to rush in for him.

 

That deal was apparently dead long ago, as quoted from a few people at the pinkun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

How about this for pure speculation (as I'm bored at work). Tottenham agree a price to take Max Arrons with a loan back for the rest of the season and as part of that deal they throw in Wanyama.

Can't loan players back to selling club now.

This has been discussed quite a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

The diet of an elite athlete

Of course 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

That deal was apparently dead long ago, as quoted from a few people at the pinkun

Things can change. I seem to remember Wednesday wanting too much for him then. May no longer be the case ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Can't loan players back to selling club now.

This has been discussed quite a lot!

Thanks and noted 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't get any new players in (assuming they are non-home grown) without removing one of the 17 non-home grown players from the squad. Maybe the club are worried about removing any from the squad until the deal for the new player is completely sewn up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Things can change. I seem to remember Wednesday wanting too much for him then. May no longer be the case ...

I think they were saying that he's now apart of their first team XI and hasnt been left out in the cold. Plus they're doing better than usual this season and would want to keep him. Never say never. I would prefer alternative option now we're in the prem and should be looking at better improved options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clint said:

We have two signings pretty much done and dusted I believe. No great rush to get them in as FA cup this weekend.

 Inside knowledge or guesswork?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget ... you probably won't see new signings properly involved for a good while after joining too.

They'll need to be indoctrinated by Farkology first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Clint said:

We have two signings pretty much done and dusted I believe. No great rush to get them in as FA cup this weekend.

Love these posts when get no mention of the two, and the poster believes they are pretty much done. Also not saying a source 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a lot of dealings with the club so was told some time ago that two players were lined up for Jan. They’re hardly going to tell me names are they!

You can believe it or not, it makes no odds, it’s just information that some posters may find of interest.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...