Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

How good is Emi?

7 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

His free kick vs palace wasnt bad. Against another keeper that may have gone in.

That was an interesting little cameo between him and Vrancic. You would have thought that Vrancic would be taking that kick, but Emi stepped up to the plate and it was his best effort from a free kick to date. Maybe more to come from him on that regard, but if Vrancic is on the pitch I would still be wanting him to take the kicks! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That was an interesting little cameo between him and Vrancic. You would have thought that Vrancic would be taking that kick, but Emi stepped up to the plate and it was his best effort from a free kick to date. Maybe more to come from him on that regard, but if Vrancic is on the pitch I would still be wanting him to take the kicks! 

I agree, but if the angle favours a right-footer it's good to know that Emi is upping his set-piece game. 

If we get mega-bucks for him, it would help dull the pain when he inevitably goes, as long as whoever buys him doesn't want Pukki too as a package. They complement each other beautifully.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

If we get mega-bucks for him, it would help dull the pain when he inevitably goes, as long as whoever buys him doesn't want Pukki too as a package. They complement each other beautifully.

I am always telling people on here don’t be silly he isn’t worth that, but in this instance we really have a player that is proven. He learns fast, another 10 games and I think he will be even more consistently brilliant. The other difference here is the big boys are circling, whereas with Maddison the big boys didn’t want the risk even around £20m, but now proven is worth £80m to the big boys. Of course Leicester have one advantage they can compete on the silly salaries and are likely offering champions league. I have no idea what Emi is earning but I would be shocked if it’s more than £50 k a week. A big player could double that. Also if Maddison does go to Manchester Utd and Leicester see Emi as being able to play more centrally they may enter the race as his replacement. It’s January if he goes now I suspect it will be North of £40 m wow.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I thought Mario would take it but like the next post said the angle favoured emi, recently when emi has been on corners they are hit and miss.. I think rotation and sides of the pitch make a difference. Personal opinion

On 03/01/2020 at 12:13, Feedthewolf said:

As I've posted elsewhere, the fact he plays from the right doesn't help this, as he's cutting inside onto his weaker left foot. Look at the technique for that chest-and-volley against Palace; if he was playing as a 10 like Maddison I'm sure he'd be scoring goals. But given the remarkable number of chances he's creating for other players, I don't see the lack of goals as a concern. If he was shanking shots left, right and centre it might be a problem, but he's almost always looking to create for others.

There's been much said about him moving to Number 10 with Stiepermann struggling to step up this season. All the more surprising that Roberts wast ever utilised in that right AM position.

According to something I saw last week, Emi's average position is much deeper than the other 2 AMs, which is surely why he has all these stats for creating chances, but no stats for putting them away.

Should we perhaps be thinking of him as a CM than and AM if he is playing like this? Mind, I dont think you could get away with a CM 2 of Vrancic and Emi. Not that statistically the two of them havent been putting themselves about

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

There's been much said about him moving to Number 10 with Stiepermann struggling to step up this season. All the more surprising that Roberts wast ever utilised in that right AM position.

According to something I saw last week, Emi's average position is much deeper than the other 2 AMs, which is surely why he has all these stats for creating chances, but no stats for putting them away.

Should we perhaps be thinking of him as a CM than and AM if he is playing like this? Mind, I dont think you could get away with a CM 2 of Vrancic and Emi. Not that statistically the two of them havent been putting themselves 

The further forward he gets, the more likely he is to run into trouble and get crowded out. He has adjusted his game since he came back into the team and is now looking more effective more of the time from that deeper position. Is that what we would call a good box to box player? Could be considered his best position imo. 

Edited by lake district canary

I certainly wouldn't want to see him in central midfield. His final ball is world class, and we need that as close to the opposition box as we can get it. He's also a very good dribbler and he runs with the ball a lot, and we've seen what happens when he tries this in deeper positions and gets caught out. He's a player who definitely needs at least two midfielders behind him in order to maximise his qualities.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I certainly wouldn't want to see him in central midfield. His final ball is world class, and we need that as close to the opposition box as we can get it. He's also a very good dribbler and he runs with the ball a lot, and we've seen what happens when he tries this in deeper positions and gets caught out. He's a player who definitely needs at least two midfielders behind him in order to maximise his qualities.

Every word of this 👍

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

How do people compare him to Wes? Wes was our primary creator, and though he had his flaws, we always seemed to struggle without him. Wes was far more one-footed than Buendia. Similar height, Emi seems much stronger and aggressive on the ball.

Wes was considered a liability when he could lose possession in vulnerable positions

Its crazy situation as we have so many top players according interest and price tag and we struggle much and defend deep most of the games!?

Krul is class then both full backs Aarons and Jamal  is 20 30 mil+  Godfrey is 25 30 mil+ then Emi 40 mil lol also  Cantwell 30 mil Pukki is class also so then from where come the  problem!?

i never see hopeless bottom team to have so many crazy price tag players imo.

One centre back and central midfield seems only positions that we not have expensive player !

So with 7 players who shine and high sky his value we struggle always in second half and seems lost minefield.

I believe our biggest problem is number 10 position as both Marco and Kenny is not enough class to make balance here so no Idea why with Onel is ok we not try Emi at number 10 and Onel +Todd on flanks!? 

Not need much this team to be competitive ,probably 1 2 class middf players ,back up for Teemu and some luck on key moments

23 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

How do people compare him to Wes? Wes was our primary creator, and though he had his flaws, we always seemed to struggle without him. Wes was far more one-footed than Buendia. Similar height, Emi seems much stronger and aggressive on the ball.

Wes was considered a liability when he could lose possession in vulnerable positions

I was thinking pretty much this tother day. Emi is definitely stronger, more direct and more 2 footed. 

23 minutes ago, Boris said:

Its crazy situation as we have so many top players according interest and price tag and we struggle much and defend deep most of the games!?

Krul is class then both full backs Aarons and Jamal  is 20 30 mil+  Godfrey is 25 30 mil+ then Emi 40 mil lol also  Cantwell 30 mil Pukki is class also so then from where come the  problem!?

One centre back and central midfield seems only positions that we not have expensive player !

So with 7 players who shine and high sky his value we struggle always in second half and seems lost minefield.

I believe our biggest problem is number 10 position as both Marco and Kenny is not enough class to make balance here so no Idea why with Onel is ok we not try Emi at number 10 and Onel +Todd on flanks!? 

Not need much this team to be competitive ,probably 1 2 class middf players ,back up for Teemu and some luck on key moments

Emi is suited to playing on the right because he can pop up in areas where his marker (the opposition left back) can't follow him.

If he plays as a number 10, he will find pockets of space but he won't be too far away from a DCM.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Boris said:

I would like to see Emi further forward that's for sure. Todd seems to be tracking back much better now so may be suitable for a wider role. However Farke seems to favour the physicality of either Kenny or Marco not necessarily in the no 10 role but for their defensive presence.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Krul aside, those players are all young and inexperienced and their value reflects their potential as much as their current level. It's also probably fair to say they would all look better with more experienced teammates around them.

On 04/01/2020 at 18:31, Boris said:

I doubt they're worth anything like that in reality. Buendia wouldn't be worth much more than Maddison was. The rest less than that. They're good numbers to frighten off other clubs though.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 14:10, Well b back said:

I will be shocked if he’s not at Wolves soon. However you must also remember if you go to a top, top club there are 40 other players so getting on the bench is an achievement. Mahrez is a good example of this. However if you were a professional footballer what becomes more important, playing every week for the club that found you and earning £30 k a week ( pure guess on amount ), moving to a Wolves like club ala Maddison, carry on playing most weeks and look to prove you are the next level and getting paid £60 - £80 k a week, or going to a top club on a 5 year contract and getting paid £100 - £150 k a week wether you play or not. For those who think option 1 is good, 1 bad injury ( he is now targeted every game ) or a loss of form means the rest at anytime is a mere fantasy.

I read today that Maddison is on 47K a week on a five year contract from 2018 but wants 180K a week at Leicester, but they are only willing to offer 120K to match Vardy.  He also wants a release clause which Leicester will not agree to.  

Edited by paul moy