Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

How good is Emi?

Fantastic talent and the last few games he's seemed stronger on the ball and more confident taking players on.

Just because nobody else really has, I'll chip in with some criticism: he tends to sulk when things don't go his way and can spend far too long rolling around on the floor when the play has moved on. You could also question why if his stats are so good he isn't having more of an impact on results. But I'm nitpicking, he's a wonderful player and a joy to watch. As someone said above you really have to see him live to appreciate his technique and work rate.

EMI is a wonderful footballer but for me not as exciting a player as huckerby.However I think he is truly world class and will end up playing for a big club. Let's enjoy him whilst he is here and get 30m plus when he goes.

4 minutes ago, yellowandgreen said:

EMI is a wonderful footballer but for me not as exciting a player as huckerby.However I think he is truly world class and will end up playing for a big club. Let's enjoy him whilst he is here and get 30m plus when he goes.

Could Huckerby defend as well ? Emi has everything that a modern footballer needs except his rolling around when it goes wrong. As a number 10 at a major club that will be something that he probably doesn’t do and if he does it won’t have the same impact.

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He would be a great fit for Liverpool and with their commanding points lead they could risk blooding him into the team for the 2nd half of the season. He'd probably also qualify for a Premier League winners medal! 

The good thing is there will be a bidding war and we'll end up getting a mahoosive transfer fee. Ultimately it's depressing though as Emi is what makes us tick and the thought of us trying to get out of the Championship without him (and others) is worrying.

Absolutely. You only need to remember his red card and the following results last season. 

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Could Huckerby defend as well ? Emi has everything that a modern footballer needs except his rolling around when it goes wrong. As a number 10 at a major club that will be something that he probably doesn’t do and if he does it won’t have the same impact.

No he could not defend but who cares. What he could do is win a game on his own. EMI is of course a far more complete footballer.

As someone once said of huckerby 'a scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer' for me no one comes close in terms of excitement to seeing huckerby charging forward. But that's an aside this thread is about Emi. 

Emi is fitted with a perpetual motion power source.....he's here he's there he's every footying where.....I will be inconsolable when he leaves the club.... 

4 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

One of those very rare players that you miss even before he's been sold!

Maddison

Ashton

Eadie

Sutton

I agree, sad thing is we have always, and always be a selling club. ITS IN OUR DNA!

Must be truly great to support a club who you know will never sell their best players, unless it 100% suited them.

4 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

One of those very rare players that you miss even before he's been sold!

Maddison

Ashton

Eadie

Sutton

That’s a sad list as I believe every time we sold to cover some form of debt.....

• Like 1

He’s a fantastic player that is a joy to watch. If we sell, we’ll probably get a very decent fee. He could probably do with a few more goals to his name and his set piece delivery needs work, so at this stage he’s looking like a mid table Premier League player. I’d be surprised if any of the big six would take a look.

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Emi is fitted with a perpetual motion power source.....he's here he's there he's every footying where.....I will be inconsolable when he leaves the club.... 

I said it before and i'll say it again, he's the Duracell Bueny🐰.

12 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Must be truly great to support a club who you know will never sell their best players, unless it 100% suited them

That's where we're trying to get to.

• Like 1

He reminds me of a young player I used to follow in the late 70's and 80's.  Diego someone or other. 

Unbelievably good. You're not seeing a more naturally talented player at this club.

• Like 1

How good is Emi Buendia?

He has been the best player on the pitch over at least the last 3 home games. These matches were against 6th, 7th and 9th PL teams including last years Champions League finalists with world cup players in amongst each team. In fact against Spurs he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

He made the star that is Zaha, look like a novice at times and tore through Wolves as if they were not there.

Unless we survive, I suspect there is not a hope in hell he will be with us next season and I believe that particular ship cast off its final mooring rope last evening and is slowly heading out from Norwich.

However, miracles do happen and we may yet be in the PL next season. 

The final point is that we have a knack of unearthing talented players so there is every chance another EB is in the wings waiting his turn. All I can add is that if you have not seen him live in a Norwich shirt then try and do so, he is that special!

I saw a graphic on one of the sites, BBC I think, which I think showed players average position during the game. Buendia was notably a lot deeper than the other 2 AMs, in own half I believe. Shows he is more of a playmaker that a Catwell on the end of it

He's phenomenal when he's on song- easily the most gifted player, in terms of passing, dribbling and technical skill, that I've seen play for Norwich (I'm 30). 

As for the Maddison comparisons, Buendia is better now than Maddison was when he was here, so the fee we'd command for Emi in the summer would be very high indeed.

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As for the Maddison comparisons, Buendia is better now than Maddison was when he was here, so the fee we'd command for Emi in the summer would be very high indeed.

Thing is Wacky, when we sold Madison, we couldn't see where the goals would come from. 

12 months later, we'd been promoted, were raving about Emi and, despite  the appreciation we all have for Madison were in awe of Buendia. 

.... in other words, there's always another talent out there, I just hope Webber has found him.

5 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Posted this on a different thread 

That may be true but Emi has a MAJOR flaw in his game - he hasn't scored a single goal this season. And Todd Cantwell - who my wife constantly ribs me over "is he the one you said can't score" - has five. Maddison was scoring regularly when we sold him, whenever he shot it seemed to go in, same with de Bruyne, and until Emi is scoring goals he isn't going anywhere. 

Edited by Surfer

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If he does start scoring from open play and dead balls like Maddison, yes he'll be worth a fortune. 

Like Maddision it is clear that he is destined for better things;  it is hard to think of a club that would not benefit for having him.   

Like Maddison,  we will cash in at his peak, he will deserve his move and he will shine.

I intend to enjoy every moment his limited time left with us. 

12 hours ago, Indy said:

That’s a sad list as I believe every time we sold to cover some form of debt.....

THAT'S THE ****** POINT OF OUR "MODEL"!!!

This time we won't be in debt. But no, we should have "invested" in the summer...

• Like 1

He created more chances in December than any other player has created in a calendar month since records began. Just wow.

924401629_WhatsAppImage2020-01-03at11_37_57.thumb.jpeg.07f67d0621d97739896b86307633b467.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

He created more chances in December than any other player has created in a calendar month since records began. Just wow.

Considering where we are in the table, that is even more outstanding.

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

That may be true but Emi has a MAJOR flaw in his game - he hasn't scored a single goal this season. And Todd Cantwell - who my wife constantly ribs me over "is he the one you said can't score" - has five. Maddison was scoring regularly when we sold him, whenever he shot it seemed to go in, same with de Bruyne, and until Emi is scoring goals he isn't going anywhere. 

He hasn't scored in the PL yet but I'm sure people will know of the goals he scored in the championship, I know it's not the same league but people know he has an eye for goals. I believe when he gets 1 then itll click even more so for him and his confidence will get more and more.

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

He hasn't scored in the PL yet but I'm sure people will know of the goals he scored in the championship, I know it's not the same league but people know he has an eye for goals. I believe when he gets 1 then itll click even more so for him and his confidence will get more and more.

As I've posted elsewhere, the fact he plays from the right doesn't help this, as he's cutting inside onto his weaker left foot. Look at the technique for that chest-and-volley against Palace; if he was playing as a 10 like Maddison I'm sure he'd be scoring goals. But given the remarkable number of chances he's creating for other players, I don't see the lack of goals as a concern. If he was shanking shots left, right and centre it might be a problem, but he's almost always looking to create for others.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Indy said:

Those days will soon be over for sometime to come. Unfortunately, some would rather we had debt........

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As I've posted elsewhere, the fact he plays from the right doesn't help this, as he's cutting inside onto his weaker left foot. Look at the technique for that chest-and-volley against Palace; if he was playing as a 10 like Maddison I'm sure he'd be scoring goals. But given the remarkable number of chances he's creating for other players, I don't see the lack of goals as a concern. If he was shanking shots left, right and centre it might be a problem, but he's almost always looking to create for others.

And I agree with you. Look at his goal vs Swansea last season on his weaker left foot. His free kick vs palace wasnt bad. Against another keeper that may have gone in. But guaita is very good.