Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

How good is Emi?

He's playing superbly. Whilst Maddison has scored more, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until Emi opens his account. 

If he carries on the way he's playing and gets a few more goals/assists, he'll be worth a small fortune at the end of the season. 

Brilliant at times, still developing, but really needs to improve his free kicks and needs to show he can provide goals at this level too. Comparisons with Maddison do not really count as Maddison is far more of a goal threat.  That could change, but at the moment there is more he needs to improve in his game.

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Brilliant at times, still developing, but really needs to improve his free kicks and needs to show he can provide goals at this level too. Comparisons with Maddison do not really count as Maddison is far more of a goal threat.  That could change, but at the moment there is more he needs to improve in his game.

The comparison in the case of the OP can totally be made.

It says nothing about goals.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Emi plays off the right and is right-footed, which doesn't lend itself to shooting, as you cut inside onto your weaker foot. Maddison shoots more because he plays centrally where it's easier to get on your stronger foot. I think if Emi played centrally he would shoot - and score - a lot more (as evidenced by that excellent chest-and-volley yesterday from a central position).

Also, Leicester create a lot more chances than we do as a team, so Emi's stats are all the more remarkable. Put him in a 'front foot' side and he'll achieve even more; last season, when he had more freedom as we were more dominant, he chipped in with a fair few goals.

Dont like him as a set piece taker, think he's poor in all honesty. Most freekicks and corners dont seem to come to much. As others have stated he is unplayable on his day and can only get better.

Unfortunately for us I think Emi has become to good to quickly. He has everything that is required for the modern day footballer. You need to be there live Lakey he now has the power to just push defenders away when making his runs. If he has 1 weakness yet to iron out it’s the staying on the floor as the other team attacks.

Maddison against Emi now ? EMI is far better defensively, Maddison is a better goal scorer. When Maddison left here he was an unproven EPL player and worth £23m. Emi is not just already a proven EPL player but a rarity a match winner. Against Wolves especially he probably played better than I ever saw Maddison play. 
I will be shocked if his worth is not already close to twice Maddison’s worth was when here. I fear that we won’t have the privilege of seeing Emi for much longer as I fear a bid that just could not be turned down, and if it was will Emi be a happy bunny ? I suspect not.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:
23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The comparison in the case of the OP can totally be made.

It says nothing about goals.

If we are comparing two players, then goals they score is part of the comparison.  I take the point Emi is more wide right, but if he can start scoring one or two and improving his free kicks, it will help the team and any sell on value he might have, if we sell him on at some stage.  He took a free kick against Palace when Vrancic was standing right there too, which was a surprise, but at least he got it on target for once.  Great player, but not the finished article yet and in comparison, Maddison was a much more complete player when we had him.  Imo of course.

I think he's absolutely our best talent for many years. He's strong, great in the tackle, direct, fast feet, has great quick vision, sublime  passing, creative and above all exciting. Add some goals to his locker and polish the free kicks and he will be right at very top of game. He's a nightmare for the opposition to contain and often draws 3 players..Be a very sad loss to the style we play, not to mention the supply line to Teemu. 

Edited by Chumino

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

If we are comparing two players, then goals they score is part of the comparison.  I take the point Emi is more wide right, but if he can start scoring one or two and improving his free kicks, it will help the team and any sell on value he might have, if we sell him on at some stage.  He took a free kick against Palace when Vrancic was standing right there too, which was a surprise, but at least he got it on target for once.  Great player, but not the finished article yet and in comparison, Maddison was a much more complete player when we had him.  Imo of course.

Sure, but that wasn't the point being made in the post! It was about the other factors... Anyway. I'm just being a pedant! I got the point you were making.

Yes, I was screaming for Vrancic to take that FK too! Emi did alright with it, but he often doesn't! His set-piece delivery isn't that brilliant either. Madders definitely has him on that and on goals scored this season too.

However, if Emi goes somewhere like Liverpool he won't be taking free-kicks and corners as they have a plethora of people who do that. So, they could just enjoy his many other talents.

Grrrrrr!

His work rate and tracking back is far better than Maddison, I think he’s got to be worth 40 million plus but will he just end up sitting on the bench for the likes of Liverpool, they have the likes of Ox, Shaqiri on the bench now.

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

His work rate and tracking back is far better than Maddison, I think he’s got to be worth 40 million plus but will he just end up sitting on the bench for the likes of Liverpool, they have the likes of Ox, Shaqiri on the bench now.

I will be shocked if he’s not at Wolves soon. However you must also remember if you go to a top, top club there are 40 other players so getting on the bench is an achievement. Mahrez is a good example of this. However if you were a professional footballer what becomes more important, playing every week for the club that found you and earning £30 k a week ( pure guess on amount ), moving to a Wolves like club ala Maddison, carry on playing most weeks and look to prove you are the next level and getting paid £60 - £80 k a week, or going to a top club on a 5 year contract and getting paid £100 - £150 k a week wether you play or not. For those who think option 1 is good, 1 bad injury ( he is now targeted every game ) or a loss of form means the rest at anytime is a mere fantasy.

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I will be shocked if he’s not at Wolves soon. However you must also remember if you go to a top, top club there are 40 other players so getting on the bench is an achievement. Mahrez is a good example of this. However if you were a professional footballer what becomes more important, playing every week for the club that found you and earning £30 k a week ( pure guess on amount ), moving to a Wolves like club ala Maddison, carry on playing most weeks and look to prove you are the next level and getting paid £60 - £80 k a week, or going to a top club on a 5 year contract and getting paid £100 - £150 k a week wether you play or not. For those who think option 1 is good, 1 bad injury ( he is now targeted every game ) or a loss of form means the rest at anytime is a mere fantasy.

Liverpool being touted in the media today. He would be a perfect fit for them. He is good enough to hold down a place in a top 4 team. The most gifted player I have seen play for Norwich in 50 years. 

• Like 2

I can't believe the comments above.  😡

**** ALL COACHES/MANAGERS/SCOUTS/SPORTING DIRECTORS - READ BELOW - THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ****

He's rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Liverpool watching both him and Lewis apparently. £100 million for the pair 😉

So we will sell emi for 22.5m this month then 😜, sincerely hope not! Not long ago people where saying he has been below par and costing us, watford aside I cant think of many myself. But superb stats

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Liverpool being touted in the media today. He would be a perfect fit for them. He is good enough to hold down a place in a top 4 team. The most gifted player I have seen play for Norwich in 50 years. 

I agree.

If we manage to hold on to him I will be shocked. I am hoping we do a pre summer agreement that means they agree terms but don’t do it until the summer as under EPL rules he cannot be loaned back. If Midlands papers are to be believed Villa will start the ball rolling and Wolves will dwarf them. A bit like Maddison then the big boys will have their chance, difference being Emi is a proven EPL player, his price I have no idea but that alone could build a championship winning team. 
Since the Webber / Farke era we have been graced with some amazing players to watch. This might be a bit controversial but I reckon another year and we will be raving over McClean. 

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

So we will sell emi for 22.5m this month then 😜, sincerely hope not! Not long ago people where saying he has been below par and costing us, watford aside I cant think of many myself. But superb stats

He was below par but his break and coaching from Farke have clearly moved him to the next level. He knew it, his tantrums on the pitch were proof. Whatever Farke did or said has done the job and I am sure Emi just like Maddison will be forever grateful to him.

we won’t be selling Emi for the price you suggest, but I fear we will be selling Emi. The only blame the club can take though is that we turned him into what he is now. We are in a catch 22 if we turn down a huge offer for him I don’t think he will be happy.

Nobody really wanted to take a risk on Maddison. Emi is different it is no risk so who knows where the bidding will finish, but it will be way beyond £23 m and at what point do we have to say we can’t turn that down.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He was below par but his break and coaching from Farke have clearly moved him to the next level. He knew it, his tantrums on the pitch were proof. Whatever Farke did or said has done the job and I am sure Emi just like Maddison will be forever grateful to him.

we won’t be selling Emi for the price you suggest, but I fear we will be selling Emi. The only blame the club can take though is that we turned him into what he is now. We are in a catch 22 if we turn down a huge offer for him I don’t think he will be happy.

Nobody really wanted to take a risk on Maddison. Emi is different it is no risk so who knows where the bidding will finish, but it will be way beyond £23 m and at what point do we have to say we can’t turn that down.

I know we won't sell him for the price I said, I was just comparing it to the maddison price. We all know we sell player too cheap, emi is a wonderful player. Hope we will break the mould and sell one of our top assets for 30m plus. Not saying I want us to sell up but I think these boys will give us the whole season to try and get out of relegation, went up together, fight together. 

You are right though with what you say about buendia strops and how him and maddison will be forever grateful to DF. Not a bad goal by maddison yesterday with his left leg.

29 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I agree.

If we manage to hold on to him I will be shocked. I am hoping we do a pre summer agreement that means they agree terms but don’t do it until the summer as under EPL rules he cannot be loaned back. If Midlands papers are to be believed Villa will start the ball rolling and Wolves will dwarf them. A bit like Maddison then the big boys will have their chance, difference being Emi is a proven EPL player, his price I have no idea but that alone could build a championship winning team. 
Since the Webber / Farke era we have been graced with some amazing players to watch. This might be a bit controversial but I reckon another year and we will be raving over McClean. 

Yes we may well be raving over McLean in a year, he will be all that's left of our best talent. No comparison to be made though. 

Edited by Chumino

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Yes we may well be raving over McLean in a year, he will be all that's left of our best talent. No comparison to be made though. 

Who knows

Webber built a Championship winning team with £23 million from the Maddison sale. If we are to sell as it stands we are talking mega money. With that can he build a squad that would make the current stars not be missed. Who knows, all I do know is that if big bids come in for our stars why would our current players not be asking for moves ? It’s not a case of wether or not we want to sell it’s a case of wether or not those players are prepared to not want moves that will give them financial security for the rest of their lives. Every club except Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester City are selling clubs with the definitions most use on here. Tammy Abraham’s as I mentioned in another thread is not yet signing a new Chelsea contract as they won’t offer him £180,000 per week. Cantwell and Emi are fast approaching Abraham’s level on the pitch, so I assume they must be looking at that and thinking what !

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Possibly one of the most skillful players to have played for us

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Agree wholeheartedly with this . When he gets on the ball he gives me a rush of excitement that only Huckerby has done in the past . Riding tackles , pinpoint through balls , leaving opposition players on their arses on a regular basis ...... Christ I’ll miss that so bloody much when / if ( I know!) he goes I could easily cry ! 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pockthorpe said:

Agree wholeheartedly with this . When he gets on the ball he gives me a rush of excitement that only Huckerby has done in the past . Riding tackles , pinpoint through balls , leaving opposition players on their arses on a regular basis . Christ I’ll miss that so bloody much when / if ( I know!) he goes . 

In his early EPL games you used to think o no please don’t do that and more often than not your thoughts were proved correct. Now you think please don’t do that and when he does your thoughts are wrong. Against Wolves he was sensational, possibly as good as I have ever seen anyone in a Norwich shirt. Yesterday he was nearly as good, unfortunately against Villa Grealish was the man. 10 more EPL games and I reckon you get the Wolves game 9/10 as opposed to 2/3. There were times yesterday when he did things that had they been done by Messi the whole world would have been raving about. If only we could play him as our number 10 where I suspect he will finish up he would score / assist so many goals. We can’t play him in that position as we need his defensive qualities as well.

• Like 1

He would be a great fit for Liverpool and with their commanding points lead they could risk blooding him into the team for the 2nd half of the season. He'd probably also qualify for a Premier League winners medal! 

The good thing is there will be a bidding war and we'll end up getting a mahoosive transfer fee. Ultimately it's depressing though as Emi is what makes us tick and the thought of us trying to get out of the Championship without him (and others) is worrying.

2 hours ago, Molly Windley said:

"IF" he goes then he would be a great fit at Arsenal and Martinelli would be a great fit here.just saying

Good call Mollyo, Martinelli is a very exciting young player, can't see him coming here though.