Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Roberts

Exit confirmed.

Bushiri also returned to City from Blackpool for onward loan to a Belgian club. 

Room for someone to come in with the Roberts exit!

Gone to Middlesbrough, maybe it was just a case of mistaken quality? Maybe the Championship is his level right now.

He previously did well at Celtic, but that's basically championship level anyway.

If that is the case, who would he have really edged out here? Emi, Todd, Onel?

Despite the frustratingly poor return in results  this season our wide men have been performing well. Regardless of the sporadic mutterings of fallouts, I think it was just a quality/pecking order thing, involving a player who had potential, but just wasn't quite good enough.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

When you loan a youngster, they have to be exceptionally talented to get minutes. If he was our player he would have been much more likely to get game time. Why would Farke give him minutes if Onel is a better player? 

59 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Yeh, just another loan signing who'll never come to anything, like that Harry Kane chap. I mean what's he done since he was here?

What a great point. Let's not forget Omar Koroma either!

• Haha 1

How I yearn for the old Reserves set up when we, as did all clubs, developed and progressed our own youngsters from within the club.

The players progressed, played meaningful games against other strong reserves teams, gained experience from our own older players who acted as their role models, developed within the club and moved up to the first team when we felt they were ready.

Nowadays the top clubs have numerous players out on loan (Chelsea have 27), not to merely give these players experience or develop them but to increase their potential value or to lessen their wage bill or, if the loan doesn't work out, discard the player when it is financially suitable.

I am quite pleased that we are not helping many of the larger clubs. 

Gone are the days when the clubs benefiting from loans are the clubs loaning the players (as it was originally set up to do). It is now nothing more than a system to make sure the richest clubs remain the richest clubs.

Was the right decision - a decent risk to take given his reputation but has clearly lost a spark;  will be just as tough for him at a struggling boro side though.

Expecting Heise to create a further space and maybe Idah or Srbeny towards the end of the window too,  depending on the seriousness of Pukkis hamstring and Drmics recovery.

Fingers crossed we get the new signings in soon so that can start to contribute before the end of the month. 

12 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Yeh, just another loan signing who'll never come to anything, like that Harry Kane chap. I mean what's he done since he was here?

Ha! Roberts is 22 and perennially out on loan. It would seem with him that he's never quite made it happen anywhere. Man City may as well sell him.

Harry Kane was about 18 when he came here and still a raw talent. He wasn't very good, as we all know, but given his age to be playing Championship football was quite a feat. And before that he was at Orient and then Milwall. To be playing men's football at 17 is pretty good.

I'm sure Man City were hoping that Roberts progressed more quickly than he has. I don't think he and Kane are comparable.