Sign in to follow this  

Farke is not the problem. Sacking him won’t fix anything. But without investment, we don’t have enough quality in the squad to change a game/chase a game/hold a lead.

My first post here was a post suggesting he has his flaws, but as a coach I can't remember us ever being led by someone so capable of making his players individually and collectively better. That's a rare talent in football management (as Norwich fans we've definitely learnt that the hard way 😂) and we would be stupid to get rid.

Farke should not be sacked. He is not the problem.

Although I have been a bit disappointed with aspects of his performance this season. We appear to be getting a bit better at defending set plays but whatever it is he says/does at half time remains an issue as does failure to make subs/recognise when the midfield are out of gas and the game is turning against us. Happened again today. It was very obvious we needed some fresh legs in the middle of the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

You'll see.

Hunch? Or are you claiming to know something we don't?

point being does he want to go back to Germany and have more than £750.000 to spend

21 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Investment will come.

I did see Neppers Tom (or someone who is his doppelganger) buying a fistful of scratchcards and around 3 lottery tickets in Morrison's earlier today.....

Farke will decide when he feels he's taken us as far as he can. He doesn't strike me as a coach who will hang around waiting for the sack and a pay off. Dortmund may well come calling and if Webber won't commit to the club there's no reason why Farke should. I'd be shocked if Webber were to sack him unless of course he has a better replacement in mind.

Farke has been thrown under a bus this season and I feel for him tbh.

2 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Webber is on it.

I know D&M said in their most recent interview that they were leaving the executive board (Webber, Ward, Kensell) in charge of the investment issue. Do you think we might expect to hear something soon, then?

Just now, Since 1980 said:

No.

When, then? Are you implying you know of a potential takeover at some point in the future? Come on, we have ways of making you talk... 😉

Investment no chance.  Farke has enough in the bank from last season.  But 4 games in a row at home 1-0 up with a confident performance then a woeful second half with the defence under pressure and going deeper and deeper.  Farke must take some responsibility.  Being a top 26 club brings its own pressures and failure to reach top 26 will have repercussions. 

Takeover if likely would have been last summer a PL club worth more than Championship also ran.

1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

No takeover required. Just read about or listen to what Webber has said.

Webber has said a lot of things. I'm not going to keep trying to tease things out of you, it's getting boring. Either tell us what you can or don't.

• Like 1

Farke is an excellent head coach - we certainly wont get better than him at the moment. He is still relatively inexperienced so of course will not be perfect. In fact no manager is. The things Jim mentions are valid but would apply to any manager we had. If it wasnt those specific flaws itd be something else.

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Why?

Because, the common complaints of Farke have been:

- Late subs

- Defending (specifically set pieces).

- Playing style (to a lesser degree).

Any team struggling - they're generally the same issues that fans bring up. Especially the subs one. That was thrown at Worthy, Grant, Hughton, Neil whenever something went wrong. The latter two in that list also had playing style go against them at various times (obviously only when we were doing poorly mainly).

The defending is a big common one for Farke but it was for Neil. When we were good at defending under Hughton the criticism was attacking. 

It's nothing new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Since 1980 said:

Investment will come.

The only money thats going to be coming into the club is what we will receive in transfer fees in the summer, which is likely going to be well over £100 million. Let’s just hope we’ve got players lined up to replace the likes of Buendia 

31 minutes ago, JF said:

The only money thats going to be coming into the club is what we will receive in transfer fees in the summer, which is likely going to be well over £100 million. Let’s just hope we’ve got players lined up to replace the likes of Buendia 

If we spend a fifth of that figure in the Championship next season and build a new stand then so be it. Don’t hold your breath though.

48 minutes ago, JF said:

There's other ££ too.

I still think Farke is doing a good job, especially in bringing the youngsters in. I would question his decision today to take off Pukki and replace him with Stiepermann  and also only giving Idah 5 mins on the field. He would have been better off bringing on Trybul and Amadou and trying to hang onto that slender lead.