Sign in to follow this  
jelltex

Angry

What dissapoints me more than anything else, is the fact that the announcement comes a few hours after the last home game for a couple of weeks, thus avoiding all those annoying fan''s demonstrations. I echo The Man In The Stands comments last night, where has all the money gone? £18 million from last year''s Premiership debacle, and £5 million this and next year in parachute payment coupled with Doomcaster''s saying at every oppertunity that there is no need to sell, So, why sell now? And all Championship clubs no know that we have upwards of six mill burning a hole in our back pockets, the chances of us getting either McSheffrey or Jerome for anything less than £4 mill is almost nil. Coupled with the fact that there is no guarantee that any replacement will fit in as well as Deano did.

My thoughts go bak to another unpopular sale, If I may paraphrase; No (insert name of player), no fans, no future. I believe that as long as the club views itself as a small town club, thats what Norwich will remain.

I think you touch upon an important point there. Ambition is what we seriously lack. All the talk of signing some lower league 1 and 2 players, combined with the boards refusal to be progressive and forward thinking in retaining our best players in the hope of the playoffs just get me annoyed. Delia said it last season when she was talking about only being "little Norwich".

This small minded mentality is detrimental to the whole ethos of the club. We need to think big - and by this I dont mean p!ssing all our money on stupidly expensive players and wages. I just want our club to push itself as far as it can go, and progress. At the minute, the club have accepted that we belong in this league, content to be perennial Championship cloggers, making up the numbers.

In such a dire league, we should be looking at sixth place and upwards, not wondering if we will finish in the top half. And selling our best players wont help.....

The thought of a line up with Hughes, Ethuhu, Colin, Jarrett, Robinson, (Andy Gray) and probably Kanu, is nowhere near top Championship quality, let alone Premiership. Needless to say, I am completely disillusioned with our football club. They lied through their teeth about Ashton going, as well as being supposedly "injured". It looks like he will be starting Monday night. Shock horror.