Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Worst PL for years

Only Liverpool and Leicester playing to potential.

Man C, Spuds, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manure all a shadow of their former selves.

Wolves, Palace & Sheff U in the top 10 and within touching distance of 5th which says it all

The rest are basically a rag bag of inconsistent also rans who blow hot and cold from one week the next.

The evidence is that almost half the teams in this league are no better than us

And yet we have only managed 3 wins in 21 games.

The bottom line is that we should be doing a hell of a lot better than we are.

Injuries yes, but everyone gets them.

VAR's yes but everyone has had them.

In reality we have managed to shoot ourselves in the foot and we only have ourselves to blame

Edited by Making Plans

28 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Injuries yes, but everyone gets them.

VAR's yes but everyone has had them.

In reality we have managed to shoot ourselves in the foot and we only have ourselves to blame

How many other teams have had pretty much all bar 1 of their main Centre Halves injured at the same time? City lose Laporte and people accept them conceding as he's not there, we lost Hanley, Zimm, Klose (and Godfrey playing injured) at the same time, but we should just suck it up?

VAR has affected a number of teams, but it's cost us 7 points in the last 3 games alone, along with a few others earlier in the season, how many other sides can legitimately say it's already cost them between 9--12 points by the halfway stage of the season?

Refs are rarely on our side for that matter either, which for example cost us last game against Spurs when they fouled TT at the other end of the pitch, nothing was given, and 20 seconds late they've scored...

Yes, some mistakes have been made, but we really HAVE been on the sh**ty end of the stick for the most part, and with just the points lost in the last 3 games from VAR/Ref's, we'd be above Villa and Bournemouth and not in the relegation zone. so NO, we don't only have ourselves to blame.

I think upper table is weakened, but where you guys are the bottom is better than usual.

Your current team probably would have stayed up the last time you went down.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why would you want to stay in this league?

Because in the long term, it’s where we want to be, watching our team compete at the top level, with all the financial benefits and security it brings.

The willingness of some of our fans to scrap around outside the top division just illustrates an appalling lack of ambition.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Because in the long term, it’s where we want to be, watching our team compete at the top level, with all the financial benefits and security it brings.

The willingness of some of our fans to scrap around outside the top division just illustrates an appalling lack of ambition.

The top league is a joke and the sooner there’s a European breakaway the better. It’s football league manager, FIFA 20, fantasy football, Far East betting, sky TV plastic fan b0llocks and VAR has finally killed it

• Like 1

I agree with the OP the standard of the PL has really gone down this season. Frustrating because I believe come April any tean from 10th downwards will still be under threat of relegation. Sadly it looks as though we will be cut adrift by then. We"ve done the best we can after a difficult start through injuries but we are a bit short of the quality and nous required at this level.

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

That's your opinion and your analysis. You are welcome to it but for me the Championship is the best footballing competition in the UK. It's very competitive, encompasses a lot of playing styles, the crowds are decently large and usually pretty loud, and above everything else it is not full of glory seeking plastics. So I'm perfectly happy to see us as a top six Championship team, just as I am a bottom six Premier League team. Fact is most of the PL positions are defined by the amount of money spent on player wages, and until the absurd TV money and overseas ownership is removed from the PL it will remain a six at the top and everyone else avoiding relegation by signing athletes who can run fast and outmuscle the others. I'd much rather see us play the Farke way, thank you. 

• Like 1