Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Just just cannot believe it

- - - k it , - - - k it, F- - k it, F- -k it,  and F - - k it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farke must have slept with the mother in law to get this much bad luck!!!!!!!!!

It’s not bad luck though. We’re simply just not quite good enough and lack that little something extra to turn draws into wins. 

Oh yes there has been a fair bit of poor luck on the way in the last few weeks  

- pukki’s goal

- the mayor on the bar

- Tettey shot

- today’s VAR 

etc etc etc

we certainly haven’t had the rub we deserve

• Like 2

Every team in the division can point to things in pretty much every game, and certainly across a season, which didn’t go their way. 

We missed some good chances today - a side with more quality goes 2 or 3 up. A side with more quality at the back and/or more experience shuts the game down in the last fifteen minutes and grinds out the 1-0 with no real scares.

Weve had quite a few games this season where we’ve competed and thrown points away or where we weren’t quite good enough to scrape a point. In a one off game that could be due to luck but it has happened too often. We just aren’t quite good enough. 

The table doesn’t lie and we’re just not quite good enough. Shots hit the woodwork, chances get cleared off the line, we cleared one today, it’s part of the game. Today’s var was a perfect call, he was onside and var done what it was bought in to do. It wasn’t bad luck that we failed so miserably in the summer window and left Farke with no options, that’s self inflicted 

7 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Oh yes there has been a fair bit of poor luck on the way in the last few weeks  

- pukki’s goal

- the mayor on the bar

- Tettey shot

- today’s VAR 

etc etc etc

we certainly haven’t had the rub we deserve

This^^ We are so close to it and the tide can turn in our favour still.

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Just out of curiosity Lakey, are you a Jeremy Corbyn fan by any chance?

No, the difference of course is that JC was useless, our team is not.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nope it won't, we are going down.... But I guess it's all part of the master plan.. that and selling our young stars... 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Nope it won't, we are going down.... But I guess it's all part of the master plan.. that and selling our young stars... 

Bore off. 

It is very hard to take. It's simply just not been our year in terms of luck. We always have and always will get screwed by the officials in this league but some of our bad luck this year has been farcical. 

We've also chosen to play a certain way in an era when McCarthy/Allardyce etc-ball has come back into fashion and effectiveness, there isn't one weak team in the league this year, the price of Championship/L1 stars has gone through the roof and way beyond our budget and we've had a pretty awful injury crisis.

I hate it, I'm sick of football but it's just the way things are at the moment and it's no one at the club's fault, we've just come up at a bad time. Instead of looking for blame we need to just take it on the chin and look towards next season. Hopefully next time we get promoted we won't be so hideously unlucky. 

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don’t think if we had King Canute as NCFC Manager he could turn the tide in our favour

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It is very hard to take. It's simply just not been our year in terms of luck. We always have and always will get screwed by the officials in this league but some of our bad luck this year has been farcical. 

We've also chosen to play a certain way in an era when McCarthy/Allardyce etc-ball has come back into fashion and effectiveness, there isn't one weak team in the league this year, the price of Championship/L1 stars has gone through the roof and way beyond our budget and we've had a pretty awful injury crisis.

I hate it, I'm sick of football but it's just the way things are at the moment and it's no one at the club's fault, we've just come up at a bad time. Instead of looking for blame we need to just take it on the chin and look towards next season. Hopefully next time we get promoted we won't be so hideously unlucky. 

The price of champs and league one players will constantly increase, if this club cannot compete, then there needs to be a serious rethink 

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Maybe a change of Manager would do the trick.

It appears to be working very well for several other Clubs

Just saying though, as nobody else has dared to mention it (so far).

I mean, even the irreplaceable have to be replaced eventually, don't they??

• Haha 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

Maybe a change of Manager would do the trick.

It appears to be working very well for several other Clubs

Just saying though, as nobody else has dared to mention it (so far).

I mean, even the irreplaceable have to be replaced eventually, don't they??

I would genuinely stop supporting the club if Farke were sacked. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Some silly s0d on canary call said most fans want him sacked 😂

He was hilarious. Didn't go to the game but knows a change of manager would work. Like it has for Wet Spam...after one match!

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Some silly s0d on canary call said most fans want him sacked 😂

absolute crap , but then it is canary call say no more

Afraid this seasons call on subs has been pretty grim to say the least

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Bore off. 

Ah the "I don't agree so I will get abusive" reply. No New Year resolution to be a bit more mature then....

Particularly frustrating as probably our least fluid home performance of the season yet Krul has had nothing to do. Palace, plenty of possession but showed little for it. We just can't get these games over the line. Some good chances but we really lacked composure at times, McLean really has to bury that chance. 

Didn't agree with the substitutions I have to say; Todd was working hard  and tracking back well and Zaha saw a hell of a lot more of the ball when Hernandez came on and went on the left. Not sure what the Stiepermann subs was about as we had absolutely no outlet when Teemu when off.

Unfortunately all other results went against us and we look like being cut adrift by the time we get to play Bournemouth. Close but not good enough.

In the interest of a bit of balance re luck, you could argue that good fortune led to the second goal against Spurs and how the ball fell for Todd this evening.