Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Will be so happy to get out of this s@&£ league

It’s a joke league, can’t wait for a split in football along the lines of VAR. let the PlayStation plastic fans have the VAR league and give real football back to the fans.

I genuinely am at ease with relegation for the first time. If we somehow stayed up from here we will all have experienced an awesome few months of football.

If we go down then I dont have to put up with the VAR b*llocks for at least one more season. Couldnt even fckin celebrate Cantwells goal properly when he scored.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I genuinely am at ease with relegation for the first time. If we somehow stayed up from here we will all have experienced an awesome few months of football.

If we go down then I dont have to put up with the VAR b*llocks for at least one more season. Couldnt even fckin celebrate Cantwells goal properly when he scored.

When the ball went in the net, my first thought wasn't "yes! we've scored" it was "oh, what will var make of this". Once it was confirmed a goal, then there was a satisfaction, but the moment of thrill in scoring a goal was gone.

• Like 4

Just now, lake district canary said:

When the ball went in the net, my first thought wasn't "yes! we've scored" it was "oh, what will var make of this". Once it was confirmed a goal, then there was a satisfaction, but the moment of thrill in scoring a goal was gone.

Exactly how i felt, no celebration just waiting for VAR by which time the spontaneous moment has been robbed  

11 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Exactly how i felt, no celebration just waiting for VAR by which time the spontaneous moment has been robbed  

Exactly how I reacted, you felt it in the crowd.

premier league football is f£&@ing s£&@ and I cant wait to be rid of it to be honest.

Totally agree with all the VAR sentiment, but I'd prefer to stay in the big time for a while yet, build a solid position and strive for a Euro jaunt at some point. Champs it is though. Seems strange to me how many fans seem happy with the Champs. Not easy to escape and bounce straight back. Think it's a missed opportunity not strengthening with 2 or 3 quality key signings. 

Without a doubt, I want Norwich to be in and stay in the Premier League. It's the league that give the club and the city a higher profile and more income. It will also be the best way to secure Norwich financial viability and invest further in the academy and infrastructure etc.
VAR just needs a good looking at and re-assessment of how it is used.

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Always want Norwich to be in the premiership or else why bother? 

Premiership?  You want us playing  Scottish football or Rugby Union?....we’re currently in the Premier League.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Agree LDC, did not the celebrate the goal when it happened, waited until the VAR decision was confirmed then celebrated which is just not the same. You can only really celebrate when yo are 99% sure that VAR will not chalk the goal off, such a sad state of affairs......

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Premiership?  You want us playing  Scottish football or Rugby Union?....we’re currently in the Premier League.

Because you didnt know what he really meant..

9 hours ago, K Lo said:

Without a doubt, I want Norwich to be in and stay in the Premier League. It's the league that give the club and the city a higher profile and more income. It will also be the best way to secure Norwich financial viability and invest further in the academy and infrastructure etc.
VAR just needs a good looking at and re-assessment of how it is used.

Sensible post  VAR is crap but that is not the point and it will change next season as it is here to stay.

This season was (still is) a wonderful opportunity for the club to move forward but we've thrown it away for one reason and another. I will be devastated when we are relegated because I hate losing and I don't like failure. Be careful what you wish for in football. I've been here before with Norwich and I can assure you that relegation is never a good thing.

I've read Cantwell's recent tweet several times and I like it and I like the attitude. Seems to have more balls than some on here.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

I feel exactly the same. When I think back to the angst I felt particularly during the Hughton relegation, I feel nothing like that. Part of the reason is that I still love going to Carrow Rd and watching us play, it’s great watching the lads win, draw or lose atm. 
As for the PL itself, the Championship is a much better League.

13 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s a joke league, can’t wait for a split in football along the lines of VAR. let the PlayStation plastic fans have the VAR league and give real football back to the fans.

Exactly this.

Premier League has always been cr@p and a very poor substitute for watching real football but this season it has got a whole lot worse.

Really pleased that Leicester managed to break the cartel for that one season - the only interesting season that the Premier has ever produced. Can't help wondering though whether this malign implementation of VAR is the cartel's revenge because it's very clear that they've never going to allow it to be repeated.

Have had my fill of watching Premier League tripe for this season, so won't be wasting any more time/money on it. But am already looking forward to starting next season back in the Championship, just hope it is with this manager and most of this group of players.

Honestly, I don't really enjoy the Premier League when we're in it. It's great trying to get there and then you lose your expectation gradually when you know you don't have the money. It's such a ridiculous league totally dominated by a few clubs. I wish they would form a super League somewhere and leave the rest of the teams more evenly matched in resources. Why would you risk tens of millions just so you might temporarily compete? The wages are, let's face it, obscene. I realise its an entertainment business but the connection with fans is temporal. That said, this latest Ncfc team is more connected in my opinion than previous ones in recent history. Farke is the principal architect of this. We haven't had such a good manager in many, many years. 

To bring my point more into a domestic setting...there are houses and areas where I might love to live but cannot afford or cars that look great but then cost huge amounts just to run. It's happier to settle with what you have, to enjoy it, appreciate it. To do otherwise is unhelpful. In footballing terms there are so many teams who have got into trouble and have then spent years battling to re-build. I'm pleased we are not going to be in that cohort. Yet, with that acceptance, I also know we cannot have it all.

For a club our size I'm not silly enough to expect we can always be in the top division. No team can. Of course I want us to get to the EPL level though. Yet, I think overall I prefer the championship because it's more of a level playing field. And the lower leagues are far more honest. I enjoy watching the progress of many teams. As a Norfolk exile, I've been honoured to watch lots of teams up north in the last 4 decades. Of course occasionally I get to see my own team when away (except not been able to this year.... ridiculous policy just because we are now in the top league...another point). At least out of the PL I feel more part of it all.  It's still enjoyable to battle to be a club that can be part but it's the journey, the endeavour  that is where my meaning of it all comes from. Once I'm there I almost feel like saying  "so what". The PL is so often a cynical place. I can watch on TV and look on, enjoying the latest skill of £50m players. Yet, for this old timer, it is somehow not football or the same kind of community. My trip to Man Utd for the first time ever a few years ago was depressing, not for our inevitable defeat but a sheer lack of connection. I reckon I might feel the same at West Ham or at the Emirates. Yet, I suppose I might enjoy the architecture! But not the football experience bought and transplanted, almost artificially, by owners thousands of miles away.

• Like 1

Problem is we’ve been in this position so many times and have not learnt any lessons from previous years. You have to spend millions just to stand still and ensure survival. Under the present set up we have no chance and with Master Tom taking over the club in the future nothing will change. With the growing population of  Norwich and surrounding area and given the nearest Premier League team is approx 100 miles we deserve better

So because we've been on the sharp end of some VAR decisions we shouldn't bother with the PL? So what's the plan? Sit in the Championship forever more? 7-10 position, winning more than we lose but never getting too high as we don't want to go up to the evil top league? Great stuff! Easy! No problems with that! Top top plan! What could possibly go wrong with sitting and stagnating in the Championship...? 

Fun fact: Sheffield Utd have had 7 VAR decisions go against them.

OTBC