Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

No vendetta at all, nor anything other than opinion and the facts that Hanley hasn’t improved the back four, Zimbo as pointed out probably isn’t good enough either at this level, but he and Godfrey made the CB their own together, that’s why Hanley was offered to Blackburn, he didn’t want to go.

I have no doubt he’s a genuinely lovely guy, gives his all and has good leadership as he’s our club captain. Great qualities but just not good enough for this level, as can be said of a large part of our squad, but as I’ve said fully deserved the chance to play this season they’ve earned that right.

As has been said above, opinions are like a***holes, we've all got one. Mine is that from what I can see, our defence has tightened up now Hanley is playing, to the extent that once Godfrey has recovered,  you could make a good case for any three of our central defenders to play. Things certainly haven't got any worse with a CZ/GH pairing, but I would like to see BG/GH.

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It's nearly as bad as Lakey's vendetta against Snoddy.

I would rather see a wholehearted player like Srbeny or the likes of Wilbraham than some of the egos we've had on the pitch over the years.  To get the kind of togetherness a club like ours needs, you need those kind of players to succeed, imo.

I love it when players prove people wrong and I really hope Srbeny has a great rest of the season with us, whether it is cup matches or cameos in the league.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, king canary said:

In the summer I thought he would benefit from a loan but that was because I didn't expect him to play anwhere near as much as he has done.

Or as well as he has done?

• Like 1

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it.

(Must... not ... say ... Van Wolfswinkle ... was ... a bit... ****)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned it.

(Must... not ... say ... Van Wolfswinkle ... was ... a bit... ****)

Oi! He never got the service!

46 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Absolutely, and if it’s posted on a forum people are entitled to challenge them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

6,000 miles or 12,000 miles?

I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'll split the difference and say 9,000.

I understand some degree of concern regarding having Srbeny as our next in line backup - if Pukki gets injured, he is not in the same class to replace him - but what I don't understand is why there appears to be so such enjoyment and grand statements trying to belittlie him and his contribution. A player that puts in a shift, gives his all, wants to do well and has helped the cause both last season and this.

I've said it before, but I have a feeling - I have since early last season and it hasn't happened yet - that despite his limitations, he will have a (positive) telling contribution to our success at some stage. I have no idea why I feel this.

5 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not to mention wasn't quick enough, strong enough or took his chances... 😉

Stop picking on him, he's a sensitive lad.

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Of course. 😊

And people are allowed to give their counter-view too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Do I need to bump the last thread on RVW, or can we all agree to let it lie (please!)?

I will defend him to the death.

Just look at that friendly face!

I have to say Zimbo has been good and getting better with each game, his block against palace was superb.

You can try to make the argument but Godfrey is a far better all round option, faster on his feet and quicker to react.

Now I have to say we’ve had our share of pretty rubbish strikers, RVW, big Dave, Sberny come into that category.......at least we can look back to some greats striker too.

4 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

This is interesting. As I heard a rumour a while back about his being in Germany. I didn't say anything about it, as it was told to me in confidence but if the cat is sort of out of the bag...

Apparently they (Webber and Farke) have a big problem with Mo's attitude. Webber allegedly went as far to say "he's the most arrogant man I've ever met".

This all came about after a game, where Leitner went up to Farke and told him "If you knew anything about game management we'd have won that!" Of course, Leitner was asked to apologise. But he didn't. So they told him there and then he wouldn't be involved in the next games until he did say sorry. He was called in a couple of days later, still refusing to apologise, so they said, "best you go back to Germany then and come back when you're ready to say sorry"

He stayed there.

Would be quite interested to find out where you got that from, Pants! I haven't heard it mentioned elsewhere (although I did mention it to a couple of friends, one of whom posts on here!)

I heard it from a guy at work on the rumour mill! He said ML had had a bust up with Farke and had returned to Germany. Didn't hear anything about him coming back mind. One can only speculate if it's true or not but the lack of sitings of the lesser spotted Leitner suggests it probably might be.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I heard it from a guy at work on the rumour mill! He said ML had had a bust up with Farke and had returned to Germany. Didn't hear anything about him coming back mind. One can only speculate if it's true or not but the lack of sitings of the lesser spotted Leitner suggests it probably might be.

If it is true, I suspect there will be some kind of ultimatum along the lines of "fall back into line or we'll cut you from the 25-man squad".

1 minute ago, Since 1980 said:

Anyone for Rhodes?

No thanks, I've just eaten.

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Or as well as he has done?

Yeah I think those go hand in hand.

The only reason I mentioned the amount he's played is that my main reason for thinking he'd benefit from a loan move was getting a run playing week in week out for a season, which he didn't have here last season.

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I understand some degree of concern regarding having Srbeny as our next in line backup - if Pukki gets injured, he is not in the same class to replace him - but what I don't understand is why there appears to be so such enjoyment and grand statements trying to belittlie him and his contribution. A player that puts in a shift, gives his all, wants to do well and has helped the cause both last season and this.

I've said it before, but I have a feeling - I have since early last season and it hasn't happened yet - that despite his limitations, he will have a (positive) telling contribution to our success at some stage. I have no idea why I feel this.

The commentators picked up on his lack of running vs sheff Utd on the tv the other week, he was still on the halfway and we were attacking. His effort isn’t even good enough. We seriously should have improved on this in the summer, he will never make the grade 

10 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Maybe when you're feeling hungry....................................for goals?

Based on Rhodes recent record I wouldn't expect a big meal...

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah the dressing room comment was doing the rounds post Brighton and he's not been seen since.

So Sberny is injured and unavailable tomorrow as is Drmic. More concerning is that Pukki is also injured and a big doubt for Man U away. Idah is the only fit forward on the books

Edited by JF

2 minutes ago, JF said:

So Sberny is injured and unavailable tomorrow as is Drmic. More concerning is that Pukki is also injured and a big doubt for Man U away. Idah is the only fit forward on the books

Cometh the moment,  cometh the man. I sincerely hope so, anyway. 

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the (Stieper)man.