Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Hopefully not perhaps

Bit too early to write off Steipi IMO. Yes he hasn't been great this season, but we'll need him next season if we go down.

Plus with a bit of confidence, he could contribute this season.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Perhaps Stiepi might join him?

😉

Bit harsh on Stiepi I think - he hasn't cut it at Premier League level yet, but he set up all four of our goals against Preston last Saturday. Plenty good enough for the Championship if we are relegated. 

Perhaps the first of the “no chance of getting a work visa after Brexit” sales? 

24 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Clearly you didn’t watch him Saturday. 

I did and was pleased for him.  He can thread a pass when he has time. But, overall, imo, he is too slow thinking for the Premiership. My post was perhaps 10% tongue in cheek.

31 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Perhaps the first of the “no chance of getting a work visa after Brexit” sales? 

This makes no sense whatsoever.

55 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Bit too early to write off Steipi IMO. Yes he hasn't been great this season, but we'll need him next season if we go down.

Plus with a bit of confidence, he could contribute this season.

Maybe I was a little quick to write him off. Last season he looks half decent as he had so many chances.

It’s good to see the club offloading the players not in our plans. Idah has deservedly put himself in the managers thoughts.

Its good for both the club and players sold or loaned ready to go in the summer.

Cannot see us spending much and Farke sort of said he’s not keen on loans, so we go with what we have into the back half of the season.

Good bit of business and frees up a non homegrown place in the squad. Hopefully we will get a replacement as we are very short of options upfront. 

Someone coming in tomorrow perhaps? 

Seems odd to sell so early in the window, when potentially our only fit striker is an 18 year old. 

I wish him all the best back at his old club. He really never got going here. 

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Clearly you didn’t watch him Saturday. 

Well he was back against Championship level!

Carlton Morris out on loan too. Marginal gains and all that. Surely we are freeing up funds for an assault to stay in the PL? Let's hope so.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Carlton Morris out on loan too. Marginal gains and all that. Surely we are freeing up funds for an assault to stay in the PL? Let's hope so.

Hopefully announcements very soon of incoming players. Do you think we might spend as much as we did in the summer ? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hopefully announcements very soon of incoming players. Do you think we might spend as much as we did in the summer ? 

Steady on. We did splash out less than £1m!!!!

You would hope we sign somebody and they would be eligible to play Saturday if not it could only be pukki idah and stiepermann 🤣

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

Well he was back against Championship level!

I sincerely hope we won’t be but there is a fair chance the club will be next year. Why would we get rid of a top championship player before we know where we will be next year ?

Good luck to Dennis, hope he does well.  Can only assume a striker will be coming in during Jan.

As for steipi he is a little slow but for me  is no less effective than Kenny. The latter is more visible in his defensive work, slightly better in the air and sprays the occasional good pass while steipi seems to be more involved in goals. A better option is needed there but keep both until then.

53 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well Roberts, Heise, Srbeny, Morris and Famewo all offloaded so hopefully something is afoot, and I don't mean 12 inches. Even a modest £50k a week for their salaries combined should mean a decent loan signing if nothing else.

I don't think we would turn down a reasonable offer for Leitner either.

Regardless of the PL we need to start to assemble a squad capable of an automatic promotion push next season. Expectations will be high.

In answer to your question; 'yes'.

I would expect that means the rumours that were doing the rounds at the weekend, that we've got two deals ready to come in are probably true then.

Would imagine that means a striker and a centre back coming in. Though I still reckon we could do with a number10/winger replacement for Roberts.

Our best business this window will be keeping everyone and bringing in 3 players in my opinion, cb, attacking mid and a st. But cant see 3 coming in

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Our best business this window will be keeping everyone and bringing in 3 players in my opinion, cb, attacking mid and a st. But cant see 3 coming in

I would agree with you. I have a gut feeling that 3 players will be joining, one on loan and two perms.

18 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I would agree with you. I have a gut feeling that 3 players will be joining, one on loan and two perms.

two perms..............  surely not.........

Keegand and McDermott.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

When one perm isnt enough.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Shirley? Shirley Carter from eastenders?

22 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Four players now gone from a squad struggling with injuries. 

Surely we must have some deals lined up? 

Attacking midfielder on loan from Hertha Berlin coming in, apparently done deal, Ondrej Duda, Slovakian international. 

He is definitely an upgrade on Stiepi (plus maybe Kenny). Should provide good competition. Just hope he is able to get up to speed very quickly. I'm pleased we are looking at this level of quality (rather than the Drinkwater type deal).