Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Not the best examples as Godfrey and Cantwell pretty demonstrably did benefit and improve from loan spells before becoming regulars in the first team.

Exactly two have two haven’t, but had we sent out Godfrey again without him getting any meaningful run in the team he’d not be the player he is, it’s impossible to say and not a guarantee loaning players. It can potentially wreck a player too with the wrong loan.

I think its pretty simple really.

If it likely that Idah will get further opportunities here this season then keep him around.

If that is unlikely, e.g. if we are intending to bring in another striker, then loan him out so he can try and build on this and gain some momentum.

Either way is just fine, but should be getting more opportunities this season somehow if he is to breakthrough next season. 

This seems to be a done deal and apparently is permanent rather than a loan.

Seemed like a hard worker but not even Championship quality, let alone Premier League.

From reading the story earlier it would appear that Srbeny is off, to Paderborn and permanent as King says above me. That story also sort of suggests we probably won't be bringing in another striker. Idah definitely won't be going anywhere on loan, seen as a better option than Dennis and I agree.

I reckon we'll end up bringing in a CB, as we definitely still need another, and probably a midfielder! As we seem to like to have about 1000 of them on the books at any one time! 😂

We must have an incoming striker imminently then. Im assuming this has been agreed but not announced as yet, considering Srbeny is yet to leave.

Srbeny moving means a couple of posters will miss an opportunity to have a dig at me. 😂😜

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Srbeny moving means a couple of posters will miss an opportunity to have a dig at me. 😂😜

Yes, it is after all, all about you.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes, it is after all, all about you.

Obviously missed the 😂😜 kc.

42 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Don't worry TIL - just like the Ipswich defence, I'm sure you'll give us plenty of other opportunities 😉 

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Don't worry TIL - just like the Ipswich defence, I'm sure you'll give us plenty of other opportunities 😉 

Yep you can rely on it when in my opinion i see someone in the squad who is not good enough for the Premiership. 😝

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Or our defence too.

It baffles me how Dennis has been getting on the bench ahead of Idah anyway. Idah is a great prospect and has been scoring goals for fun. Dennis was never going to be a premier league player, he wasn’t even deemed good enough for the championship. 

1 hour ago, Clint said:

It baffles me how Dennis has been getting on the bench ahead of Idah anyway. Idah is a great prospect and has been scoring goals for fun. Dennis was never going to be a premier league player, he wasn’t even deemed good enough for the championship. 

Yep, poor Dennis  was never really good enough,  but  not his fault, always seemed a tryer. Good luck in your next job Dennis.  His replacement  HAS to be higher  quality  or faster or something. 

We'd have to bring in another attacking player surely? Although Idah would perhaps get some time from the bench relying on just him and sicknote Drmic as back up to Pukki would be very questionable.

Just confirmed he’s left permanently on Twitter, surely must mean we have someone lined up as replacement?

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Just confirmed he’s left permanently on Twitter, surely must mean we have someone lined up as replacement?

So long Dennis, we hardly knew ye  :classic_sad:

Well at least we got a million quid for him. Time to move onto Idah as the primary backup. Lack of experience is not a problem in front of goal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Well at least we got a million quid for him. Time to move onto Idah as the primary backup. Lack of experience is not a problem in front of goal. 

I didnt see their was a purchase figure, where did you read that? Gotta be a striker incoming...

7 hours ago, king canary said:

This seems to be a done deal and apparently is permanent rather than a loan.

Seemed like a hard worker but not even Championship quality, let alone Premier League.

Yep, will not be missed on the pitch

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Didn't we have another striker whose only Premier League goal was against Everton? 😮

Reporting for duty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Paderborn sound a bit like the German equivalent of us.

Bottom of the Bundesliga and have only scored 20 goals in total this season!

Let's hope Dennis can help them out. One thing is for sure, though. Sales of Dsquared's 'ICON' hats in Norwich have bottomed out completely.

£1 million plus add ons. More than what we purchased him for. Lets hope there a quality addition incoming.