Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Or a decent ball playing side, like Coventry? Be nice to return a favour! 

We gave them Jacob Murphy for a whole season. 

8 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Yeah, agree. I think League one for the rest of the season would be great for him. A Portsmouth or Sunderland maybe? 

I was one of the people agitating for Cantwell to be loaned out to get a full season of Championship football, after half a season with us. I in no way shape or form foresaw his meteoric step up this season. Nor did I see Godfrey becoming a Championship regular after his season with the Shrews.

Perhaps Idah has proved that iif you're brave enough to give them a chance, the youth will take it. Perhaps they're ready sooner than we think

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It doesn't matter whether they're ready NOW does it??  We're talking about what will happen if we're relegated back to The Championship. Idah didn't look ready away at Crawley earlier this season. Five months later he does look ready. Young players can develop quickly if they've got the drive, the talent and excellent coaching and mentoring from their club. 

That’s bang on TLS, people forgetting we’re talking about next season........

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I was one of the people agitating for Cantwell to be loaned out to get a full season of Championship football, after half a season with us. I in no way shape or form foresaw his meteoric step up this season. Nor did I see Godfrey becoming a Championship regular after his season with the Shrews.

Perhaps Idah has proved that iif you're brave enough to give them a chance, the youth will take it. Perhaps they're ready sooner than we think

I wouldn't loan him to a League 1 side, I wouldn't loan him to a Championship side. I'd put him on the bench here. Keep him involved with a coaching staff and players.

• Like 1

As for a Idah, no we can’t afford to let our second best striker out on loan unless we bring in better......a Idah is a big unit with **** fast speed, he’s built for our game.....start him against Man U.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

To say all three are "very capable" of championship football with just a handful of league one and two appearances between them is quite a statement. No-one in the club has said anything like this, so I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this confidence. 

30 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeh again I’ll trust our coaching and staff at Norwich before people on here

I think our coaching staff- as well as those at Blackpool- have already passed their judgement on where Famewo and Bushiri are right now. Famewo couldn't get a game when he was, in theory, the second-best available centre-back at the club and Bushiri couldn't get a look in at Blackpool in League One.

I too trust our coaching staff, and they've clearly reached the conclusion that whilst Famewo and Bushiri may be good players in the future, they aren't ready right now.

• Like 1

I think League One would be a waste. He needs to test himself against defenders of Championship ability. He needs to learn how much time he'll get, the physical level he is up against, the movement he needs to develop, and he needs players on his side who will create attacking plays at Championship level. 

Half the games and fewer goals at Championship level, likely to be more beneficial than learning how to play at a level beneath that at which we want him to perform.

He'll still be developing if he is out of a Championship first XI. He'll be training, he'll be developing mental skills, he'll learn about earning his place and keeping it.

I think League One is a level too low for him. He needs Championship football so we have the opportunity of playing him next season, whichever league we are in. He needs to know what he needs to do to step up/compete at that level. League One wll give him first team football, but if a Championship club are willing to take him I think thats a better experience.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think our coaching staff- as well as those at Blackpool- have already passed their judgement on where Famewo and Bushiri are right now. Famewo couldn't get a game when he was, in theory, the second-best available centre-back at the club and Bushiri couldn't get a look in at Blackpool in League One.

I too trust our coaching staff, and they've clearly reached the conclusion that whilst Famewo and Bushiri may be good players in the future, they aren't ready right now.

Again we’re talking about championship next season as replacements for Godfrey! Of course they’re not ready now, that’s why Bushiri is off to the Belgium top division to get game time! I’d assume he’ll be back in the summer to push for a starting spot!

The biggest issue with loaning players is they’re not guaranteed to get games, as shown by us, sometimes (Kane) players just don’t fit the teams or style loaned to which could have a negative impact on their career, better off fitting them into the first team training and have them as fringe players who know the team and set up, ready to go if the chance comes up.

This is certainly following the ‘plot’ that was suggested earlier in the season - that with our overseas contingent being maxed-out, we’d look to loan out Heise and Srbeny in January to be able to bring in new....I just hope the new guys turn up quickly and can hit the ground running.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This is certainly following the ‘plot’ that was suggested earlier in the season - that with our overseas contingent being maxed-out, we’d look to loan out Heise and Srbeny in January to be able to bring in new....I just hope the new guys turn up quickly and can hit the ground running.

Yes I reckon that IS the plan. Release two and bring in two as posters 'in the know' have indicated on this forum. Could mean we get the incomers confirmed later this week.

17 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Does Idah count as homegrown?

I believe he does not count, as he was only signed from the ROI two and a half years ago. By this summer, he will have been at Norwich for three years while still under the age of 21, so will qualify as home grown next year. Not sure if anyone can confirm this?

49 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I believe he does not count, as he was only signed from the ROI two and a half years ago. By this summer, he will have been at Norwich for three years while still under the age of 21, so will qualify as home grown next year. Not sure if anyone can confirm this?

I believe that you are correct Wolfo.

On 01/01/2020 at 22:09, Diane said:

TVB - Srbeny wasn't involved because he's injured  with a back problem - see Farkes comments after the game

Looks like my hunch was right! 

Idah will count as ‘under age’ at the moment - he’s been in the squad so far this season so in any case will have already been in our home/overseas/under-age contingent.  Per wiki (which may be wrong!): Each club is able to list up to 17 senior players that are not English or Welsh and did not spend a significant period in an English or Welsh academy, plus any number of homegrown players up to a maximum squad size of 25, plus an unlimited number of academy and under-21 players.  So imo he’ll be in the “unlimited” u21 list at the moment and a homegrown player before he’s 21.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2020 at 22:09, Diane said:

Did Farke tell you that in m & s when he was doing his shopping or is that just another rumour doing the rounds?

TVB - Srbeny wasn't involved because he's injured  with a back problem - see Farkes comments after the game

rumour huh! Back injury huh! Not according to today’s reports. Paderborn bound!

4 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Farke said in the presso he had a slight back niggle & wouldn't make Preston & is doubtful for Man U but he would be fine for Bournemouth, are you suggesting he's lying?  Doesn't stop him going on loan does it?

5 minutes ago, Diane said:

Farke said in the presso he had a slight back niggle & wouldn't make Preston & is doubtful for Man U but he would be fine for Bournemouth, are you suggesting he's lying?  Doesn't stop him going on loan does it?

Why would I suggest he is lying. You are the one quoting what “he” said and that “he” wasn’t leaving. 

Did  I state ANYTHING about an injury stopping him leaving?!

On 04/01/2020 at 08:40, Indy said:

Well guys, I fully respect your views, but Norwich is a premiership football club who no doubt already have held talks with all players, know who they want to keep, know their budgets and have all players tied to long term contracts, why would the sell all five unless they’re offering silly money which cannot be turned down?

As said, behind Godfrey we have Bushiri and Famewo, then there’s a Idah, all three very capable of championship football, all three will no doubt develop next year.

If all five go you would be talking in excess of 180 million pounds in the coffers and there certainly would be no end of youthful footballers who would jump at the chance to play for Norwich under Farke seeing how all five young players have been given the chance and flourished here. Add to that any profits will be hit with massive tax bills, I’m pretty sure it would be in Norwich’s best interest to re-invest the profit into players to build on future promotion and future players sales, into the training facilities, ground capacity increase and youth development.

It’s the way you want to look at things guys, we’re talking about Webber and his team who are very good at what they do, I questioned his appointment but was totally wrong, he’s a bloody good guy to have here, I’m sure there’s plans afoot for all eventualities and to just sell and bank the money makes little sense.

Have a whine on here by all means but be sensible and pragmatic about it, not just spin the constant doom about selling all our best players, they are ambitious and if the right offer comes in, good luck to them, I wish them every success, thank them for our promotion and their efforts to keep us up this year, will always keep an eye to see how they’re doing.

Thats football at a club like Norwich, poor owners, great director of football and fantastic young coach in Farke.

On the basis that Famewo couldn;t get in the Grimsby side regularly at league 2 level and that Bushiri also didn;t get regular starts for Blackpool in league 1 on what basis are you concluding that they are all easily capable of playing regular championship football?

Don';'t get me wrong, I hope they can and I hope they will be able to should we find ourselves back in the championship. However, Idah has been on the radar as an outstanding youth talent since he joined. Cantwell, likewise, stood out at youth level. Aarons and Lewis almost skipped playing for the U23s but clearly were outstanding athletes. Bushiri is still young at 19 for a centre back but Famewo is 21 (so not that young now really) and i've not ever heard those who watch our youth teams or U23 teams mention him as "one to watch" or one close to breaking into the first team set up. I therefore am surprised at how many copnfidently predict that he's there, waiting in the wings to come straight into the team at championship level if Godfrey were to be sold.

I'm more reassured by the fact we would still have Zimm, Klose and Hanley next season in the championship to be honest. The latter in particular looks a bit more back to his form of 2 years ago since his operation. 

8 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Could be both, a bit of a short term back problem and talking to Paderborn?

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Could be both, a bit of a short term back problem and talking to Paderborn?

Think that's the case tbh

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

On the basis that Famewo couldn;t get in the Grimsby side regularly at league 2 level and that Bushiri also didn;t get regular starts for Blackpool in league 1 on what basis are you concluding that they are all easily capable of playing regular championship football?

Don';'t get me wrong, I hope they can and I hope they will be able to should we find ourselves back in the championship. However, Idah has been on the radar as an outstanding youth talent since he joined. Cantwell, likewise, stood out at youth level. Aarons and Lewis almost skipped playing for the U23s but clearly were outstanding athletes. Bushiri is still young at 19 for a centre back but Famewo is 21 (so not that young now really) and i've not ever heard those who watch our youth teams or U23 teams mention him as "one to watch" or one close to breaking into the first team set up. I therefore am surprised at how many copnfidently predict that he's there, waiting in the wings to come straight into the team at championship level if Godfrey were to be sold.

I'm more reassured by the fact we would still have Zimm, Klose and Hanley next season in the championship to be honest. The latter in particular looks a bit more back to his form of 2 years ago since his operation. 

Yes but as I’ve posted, you can’t make an assessment on loaning a player out, at the team loaning might not play him for a number of reasons, he might not fit the clubs system or just not perform.....Harry Kane, Patrick Roberts to name a couple who we never really played or have been pretty much written off.

Additionally lots on here would have shipped Lewis, Cantley, Godfrey and Aarons out on loan last season rather then what happened. Sometimes home grown players who are signed to the academy produce when given the chance by their own club, loaning isn’t for a guarantee to getting back a better player!

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Additionally lots on here would have shipped Lewis, Cantley, Godfrey and Aarons out on loan last season rather then what happened. Sometimes home grown players who are signed to the academy produce when given the chance by their own club, loaning isn’t for a guarantee to getting back a better player!

Not the best examples as Godfrey and Cantwell pretty demonstrably did benefit and improve from loan spells before becoming regulars in the first team.