Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

4 hours ago, Indy said:

The beautiful thing about this club at the moment is our abundance of youthful talent, Famewo and Idah will no doubt be the next two, but there are others as Nutty can no doubt shed light on in our youth team who will step up next season.

But better than that if we do sell Aarons and Cantwell this window, we still have Byram and Hernandez to come straight in as replacements and probably 70 million to build with.

If we do sell I’d be happier losing these two than Godfrey and Buendia who I think will be crucial to a successful championship challenge next year.

I'd be very surprised if Emi and BG are playing chumps football next season. I can see our 5 best all going. 

5 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

There is absolutely no chance Buendia will be playing Championship football next season. Include Cantwell in that, too. 

Well guys, I fully respect your views, but Norwich is a premiership football club who no doubt already have held talks with all players, know who they want to keep, know their budgets and have all players tied to long term contracts, why would the sell all five unless they’re offering silly money which cannot be turned down?

As said, behind Godfrey we have Bushiri and Famewo, then there’s a Idah, all three very capable of championship football, all three will no doubt develop next year.

If all five go you would be talking in excess of 180 million pounds in the coffers and there certainly would be no end of youthful footballers who would jump at the chance to play for Norwich under Farke seeing how all five young players have been given the chance and flourished here. Add to that any profits will be hit with massive tax bills, I’m pretty sure it would be in Norwich’s best interest to re-invest the profit into players to build on future promotion and future players sales, into the training facilities, ground capacity increase and youth development.

It’s the way you want to look at things guys, we’re talking about Webber and his team who are very good at what they do, I questioned his appointment but was totally wrong, he’s a bloody good guy to have here, I’m sure there’s plans afoot for all eventualities and to just sell and bank the money makes little sense.

Have a whine on here by all means but be sensible and pragmatic about it, not just spin the constant doom about selling all our best players, they are ambitious and if the right offer comes in, good luck to them, I wish them every success, thank them for our promotion and their efforts to keep us up this year, will always keep an eye to see how they’re doing.

Thats football at a club like Norwich, poor owners, great director of football and fantastic young coach in Farke.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well guys, I fully respect your views, but Norwich is a premiership football club who no doubt already have held talks with all players, know who they want to keep, know their budgets and have all players tied to long term contracts, why would the sell all five unless they’re offering silly money which cannot be turned down?

As said, behind Godfrey we have Bushiri and Famewo, then there’s a Idah, all three very capable of championship football, all three will no doubt develop next year.

If all five go you would be talking in excess of 180 million pounds in the coffers and there certainly would be no end of youthful footballers who would jump at the chance to play for Norwich under Farke seeing how all five young players have been given the chance and flourished here. Add to that any profits will be hit with massive tax bills, I’m pretty sure it would be in Norwich’s best interest to re-invest the profit into players to build on future promotion and future players sales, into the training facilities, ground capacity increase and youth development.

It’s the way you want to look at things guys, we’re talking about Webber and his team who are very good at what they do, I questioned his appointment but was totally wrong, he’s a bloody good guy to have here, I’m sure there’s plans afoot for all eventualities and to just sell and bank the money makes little sense.

Have a whine on here by all means but be sensible and pragmatic about it, not just spin the constant doom about selling all our best players, they are ambitious and if the right offer comes in, good luck to them, I wish them every success, thank them for our promotion and their efforts to keep us up this year, will always keep an eye to see how they’re doing.

Thats football at a club like Norwich, poor owners, great director of football and fantastic young coach in Farke.

Are they? 

Bushiri couldn't get in a League one Blackpool side. Famewo's move to Norwich was a strange one from a Luton perspective who didn't seem to rate him that highly. The player couldn't get in their League one side after breaking through for them in League two. Obviously still very young, but has only made 16 League two appearances to date.

Adam Idah is clearly a huge talent, but has made one cameo substitute appearance!

So to claim all three are "very capable of championship football" is very premature IMO. There's little evidence to suggest they are currently. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

To sell now would not look good on the owners and Board especially as they have said there is no need to sell anyone. The club has also lashed out on longer term contracts for these guys which in itself severely limited our summer spending, so to sell in the very first window and weaken the squad does not make sense.

I think a mass exodus is unlikely. Yes. some will want to go but I don't expect many, they'll realise what the bigger picture is here even though some fans can't see it.

The usual suspects criticising the board for selling all our good young players before it's even happened. If we go down we may lose two, maybe even three. But not the five or six people are crying about.

• Like 1

I don’t mind who leaves(its always going to happen) so long as we replace them with a new generation. This has been our Achilles heel for as long as I can remember.

If we’re selling Buendia, for example, let’s go spend a reasonable amount finding the next Buendia. Too often Norwich have sold a player only to either not replace them at all (in terms of attributes) or we buy very cheap, poor versions of them. 

We need to be prepared to spend 3-4 million or whatever on buying up the next Ben Godfrey from York or James Maddison from Coventry. The best talent will cost good money.

Will we do this? History suggests no, but I hope Mr Webber is far sharper than the usual incumbents that preceded him.

15 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

I hope Pukki, Cantwell, Buendia stay even if we get relegated. Not bothered if any defenders go.

Buendia is the one I'd love to keep. I don't think we appreciate just how vital he was to our promotion last time. Players like him are few and far between.

I agree with your point about about not being a mass exodus and most fans bought into the strategy last summer. There is no need for the club not to see it through.

Defenders are replaceable, we know how much more difficult it is the find great offensive players. These are very special players.

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Are they? 

Bushiri couldn't get in a League one Blackpool side. Famewo's move to Norwich was a strange one from a Luton perspective who didn't seem to rate him that highly. The player couldn't get in their League one side after breaking through for them in League two. Obviously still very young, but has only made 16 League two appearances to date.

Adam Idah is clearly a huge talent, but has made one cameo substitute appearance!

So to claim all three are "very capable of championship football" is very premature IMO. There's little evidence to suggest they are currently. 

That can be said of Cantwell, Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis we’re all either lower league loanees, who had their own struggles, Famewo and Bushiri are highly rated by our scouts / Webber who bought them in, can’t say they’ve done too bad so far, with Bushiri on his way to get more game time in Belgium.

I think I’ll trust our clubs recruitment and development team than a whiner on this board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

We need to be prepared to spend 3-4 million or whatever on buying up the next Ben Godfrey from York or James Maddison from Coventry. The best talent will cost good money.

Will we do this? History suggests no

By your own reasoning with Godfrey and Maddison, history suggests yes! 

6 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Are they? 

Idah is looking pretty capable playing away to a Championship side today..............

• Haha 2

I think Idah, probably Gilmour and possibly Power are the 3 that could get game time. Unsure about Richards and Famewo as not followed their progress as much. Those first 3 seem possible future starters with Idah obviously being given a first team squad presence this year.

13 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Idah 👀

Just gonna leave this in here

Two goals in 45 minutes so i wonder how that stacks up against Srbeny ? 😜

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Two goals in 45 minutes so i wonder how that stacks up against Srbeny ? 😜

Make that 3 in less than 90 mins. A goal every 20 mins at the mo 🤔

6 hours ago, Indy said:

That can be said of Cantwell, Godfrey, Aarons and Lewis we’re all either lower league loanees, who had their own struggles, Famewo and Bushiri are highly rated by our scouts / Webber who bought them in, can’t say they’ve done too bad so far, with Bushiri on his way to get more game time in Belgium.

I think I’ll trust our clubs recruitment and development team than a whiner on this board.

Whiner? A little uncalled for chap. I'm not 'whining' at all. Just questioning your statement, which is pretty much the point of a discussion message board? 

To say all three are "very capable" of championship football with just a handful of league one and two appearances between them is quite a statement. No-one in the club has said anything like this, so I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this confidence. 

Despite Idah's terrific hat-trick today, I still doubt he'd be ready for a full season at championship level as the main striker. 

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Whiner? A little uncalled for chap. I'm not 'whining' at all. Just questioning your statement, which is pretty much the point of a discussion message board? 

To say all three are "very capable" of championship football with just a handful of league one and two appearances between them is quite a statement. No-one in the club has said anything like this, so I'm just trying to understand the logic behind this confidence. 

Despite Idah's terrific hat-trick today, I still doubt he'd be ready for a full season at championship level as the main striker. 

Yeh again I’ll trust our coaching and staff at Norwich before people on here, as Idah just proved our youngsters brought into the under 23 are of championship quality, as I mentioned Godfrey Lewis and Aarons you probably said the same two seasons ago.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Idah now. Without a doubt that performance will have clubs queuing to see if they can sign him on loan. I'd be tempted to find him a good L1 club who will make him their leading striker and let him get some more confidence with a view to bringing him in next season to compete for the first team.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeh again I’ll trust our coaching and staff at Norwich before people on here, as Idah just proved our youngsters brought into the under 23 are of championship quality, as I mentioned Godfrey Lewis and Aarons you probably said the same two seasons ago.

Well, by your logic, probably so. 

It's nothing to do with trusting the coaching staff. I'm sure if they were asked about Famewo and Bushiri - they'd probably say there not ready yet either. 

Edited by Il Pirata

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Idah now. Without a doubt that performance will have clubs queuing to see if they can sign him on loan. I'd be tempted to find him a good L1 club who will make him their leading striker and let him get some more confidence with a view to bringing him in next season to compete for the first team.

I'd let him go to someone like wigan or Barnsley personally, even if he gets champo cameos I think they'll be more beneficial than league 1

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah, agree. I think League one for the rest of the season would be great for him. A Portsmouth or Sunderland maybe? 

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I'd let him go to someone like wigan or Barnsley personally, even if he gets champo cameos I think they'll be more beneficial than league 1

It's a tough one. I'd be tempted to send him somewhere he'll be most likely to continue to get goals to keep that confidence building.

But definitely see your argument and would not be surprised if mid champ is where he ends up.

• Like 1

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

It's a tough one. I'd be tempted to send him somewhere he'll be most likely to continue to get goals to keep that confidence building.

But definitely see your argument and would not be surprised if mid champ is where he ends up.

Can see what you're saying too, more minutes would be more ideal. Idah was fantastic, what attitude to win the penalty, take it and score 

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

A loan to lincoln was muted I believe

6 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Well, by your logic, probably so. 

It's nothing to do with trusting the coaching staff. I'm sure if they were asked about Famewo and Bushiri - they'd probably say there not ready yet either. 

It doesn't matter whether they're ready NOW does it??  We're talking about what will happen if we're relegated back to The Championship. Idah didn't look ready away at Crawley earlier this season. Five months later he does look ready. Young players can develop quickly if they've got the drive, the talent and excellent coaching and mentoring from their club.