Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

Idah to save the season with a brace tomorrow and then a start at Old Trafford bagging the winner 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the (Stieper)man.

Entirely possible,  though v Preston  I'd  like to see Idah given a decent  run. 

the brighton game was probably the worst performances of the season, with the most ineffective midfield showing in particular.   

Leitner was subbed at half time the game before (ManU) and hasnt played a minute since then,  nor made the bench since the analysis session after the south coast non show.    As much as I love watching him,  we have won 50% more points per game without him,  conceding at a slower rate and scoring more goals.  Tomorrows team will be interesting;  if he can not make that 18 it really does feel like auf wiedersehen pet

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the (Stieper)man.

I do love the way some fans put forward options which are proven to be based on hope, it’s like flogging a dead horse, but it’s our yellow and green horse so let’s just keep flogging it!

Steiperman isn’t a striker....... has to be Idah, about time too, this lad will be the next youngster to prove a few wrong, I agree as above brace on Saturday then to score the winner against United......😉👍

A big responsibility but surely will be idah to start tomorrow;   if that does not work we have a problem with who starts v manu though

Steipi wouldnt be mobile enough for me,  with Onel a more likely alternative.   A data anomaly, given I dont think either have played particularly well this season,  is that as a team we score more goals with either of them starting than when they don't.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

I do love the way some fans put forward options which are proven to be based on hope, it’s like flogging a dead horse, but it’s our yellow and green horse so let’s just keep flogging it!

Steiperman isn’t a striker....... has to be Idah, about time too, this lad will be the next youngster to prove a few wrong, I agree as above brace on Saturday then to score the winner against United......😉👍

I posted that because it fitted the saying, rather than any particular desire or justification for Stieps. Having said that, I think it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Farke will pick him. Plus he may need more game time to come good, he’s not played a lot.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I posted that because it fitted the saying, rather than any particular desire or justification for Stieps. Having said that, I think it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that Farke will pick him. Plus he may need more game time to come good, he’s not play a lot.

But again there may be a reason he hasn’t played a lot? 

I wouldn’t think Stieps would get a start up top, he’s just not mobile enough, additionally given his size he doesn’t challenge much for headers. I wouldn’t be suprised to see McClean given a start up top though.

• Like 1

I'd expect Stiepermann to play even if not up front - it's as if people have forgotten how good he was at times last season and the team we're playing against is at that level.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZLF said:

A big responsibility but surely will be idah to start tomorrow;   if that does not work we have a problem with who starts v manu though

By ' does not work' what do you mean?  Play a kid for one game and if he doesnt get a hatfull then what? If idah has a decent game scoring or not ,then it should be perceived for what is,a decent performance and he shod be considered for more gametime. If Pukki, Drmic and Srbeny are out then it would be a very real snub to the kid if hes played ok v Preston.....even if we lose.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd expect Stiepermann to play even if not up front - it's as if people have forgotten how good he was at times last season and the team we're playing against is at that level.

Yes he was brilliant last season and in all likelihood we will need him for a promotion challenge next season. He’s likely to start tomorrow but it won’t be up front. Farke has proved time and time again he will go with youth if they are ready and good enough. I can’t see anyone other than Idah starting tomorrow with the knowledge that if he does the business he could well be starting at Old Trafford if Pukki is indeed out 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

By ' does not work' what do you mean?  Play a kid for one game and if he doesnt get a hatfull then what? If idah has a decent game scoring or not ,then it should be perceived for what is,a decent performance and he shod be considered for more gametime. If Pukki, Drmic and Srbeny are out then it would be a very real snub to the kid if hes played ok v Preston.....even if we lose.

If he plays ok that not "it does not work" - he gets the chance to go again;  It certainly isnt about scoring, let alone getting a hat-full.   likewise if he didnt start a second game I trust farke would manage the message well enough to ensure it isnt a "snub".    T

he key thing here is to think about his long term long term career and not just a couple of games;   we should not be risking his confidence was probably the real meaning. 

I will be happy to see either Idah or Onel start up top tomorrow,  either preferable to Steipi.

Edited by ZLF

3 minutes ago, ZLF said:

If he plays ok that not "it does not work" - he gets the chance to go again;  It certainly isnt about scoring, let alone getting a hat-full.   likewise if he didnt start a second game I trust farke would manage the message well enough to ensure it isnt a "snub".    T

he key thing here is to think about his long term long term career and not just a couple of games;   we should not be risking his confidence was probably the real meaning. 

I will be happy to see either Idah or Onel start up top tomorrow,  either preferable to Steipi.

Aaah.

Ok

Then.

I see even Daniel Levy has come out and said they would like Aarons now, saying about £30 million would be what would be required. Levy is quite a shrewd operator, so wonder whether their interest may turn his head or not.

Latest developments on skysports and teamtalk.

4 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I see even Daniel Levy has come out and said they would like Aarons now, saying about £30 million would be what would be required. Levy is quite a shrewd operator, so wonder whether their interest may turn his head or not.

Latest developments on skysports and teamtalk.

That would be a very underhand move to come and and name a player in a deliberate attempt to unsettle them. Highly likely it’s just sky sports making **** up. I can’t see is selling him in this window at all unless there is some ridiculous offer and in January £30 million isn’t ridiculous 

Edited by JF

Shame if we do sell our young players just so our bank balance looks good-  where the heck do this club think is going,  selling the best and buying mediocre players- is this what fans want to see and the prospect of having  a mediocre championship team

If Teemu is rested, who else might be on the bench if Idah starts and Denis is out injured?

I can see us selling Max this window as we have Byram and can then plan how to spend that money at the start of the next window.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

I can see us selling Max this window as we have Byram and can then plan how to spend that money at the start of the next window.

Then who might leave? Todd or Max (or worse, both). I can see Max moving on to great things actually. 

I can’t see any moving this window. The summer window if we get relegated will be a mass exodus though 

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Idah looked very good in his five minute burst:classic_biggrin:

Did more than Stieps other than get booked.

4 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

That 6 months, if we sell and dont immediately spend will be absolute torture on here I reckon , with the only way to solve it being Delia showing a suitcase full of cash on a daily basis to anyone that is worried she's taken the money and run. FWIW, I dont think we should sell Max. If he carries on improving at the rate he has the last one and a half seasons, he will be worth a lot more in two years time and only ,what ,22 then.

15 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Shame if we do sell our young players just so our bank balance looks good-  where the heck do this club think is going,  selling the best and buying mediocre players- is this what fans want to see and the prospect of having  a mediocre championship team

Maddison? Buendia? Pukki?

:classic_blink::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, JF said:

I can’t see any moving this window. The summer window if we get relegated will be a mass exodus though 

To sell now would not look good on the owners and Board especially as they have said there is no need to sell anyone. The club has also lashed out on longer term contracts for these guys which in itself severely limited our summer spending, so to sell in the very first window and weaken the squad does not make sense.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Maddison? Buendia? Pukki?

:classic_blink::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Total cost to us , without wages less than 10 million. We've already got double that back on Madison, plus more to come if he's sold on for a profit. Super Stuff. Before any one says Jarvis/Naismith, they were the Sins of the past mentioned many times, that was then, this isn't. Sam Byram could easily been a Matt Jarvis, but due diligence and hard bargaining meant that the risk was 750k, not ten times that. I don't think we'll be selling anyone who is a regular playing squad member just yet, barring stupid offers and/or actual, not perceived or reported , player unrest. We're on the right track, just gonna take a season or two more before we're really competitive in the PL.

Caveat; This may not go according to plan, i can live with that . Mainly because failure of the current set up would probably leave us reasonably well off financially as a Club , but not in trouble footy wise . ie, we'd be mid table championship and not plummeting, heavily in debt and HAVING to sell our best Players.

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

You really are a whining, miserable, tedious, negative poster aren't you? 

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

The only thing that’s mediocre is the quality of your posts mate. IF - and that’s if, it may have escaped your notice, but we haven’t actually sold anyone yet - we sell one or more young players, it will be because Webber (not Delia) believes on balance that’s the best thing for the club. In other words, the money can do more for us with new signings (as Ron has said, like Emi and Teemu) and investment in infrastructure as opposed to paying out wages on an unhappy player who will inevitably move on sooner or later.

Why not get wound up about something that has actually happened, like the VAR farce, not an imagined fantasy? You’re like Angry Frank: 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 3

The beautiful thing about this club at the moment is our abundance of youthful talent, Famewo and Idah will no doubt be the next two, but there are others as Nutty can no doubt shed light on in our youth team who will step up next season.

But better than that if we do sell Aarons and Cantwell this window, we still have Byram and Hernandez to come straight in as replacements and probably 70 million to build with.

If we do sell I’d be happier losing these two than Godfrey and Buendia who I think will be crucial to a successful championship challenge next year.

3 hours ago, baldy09 said:

But we havent sold any of our young players so what is the point in your negative critical post?