Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Srbeny off?

I wonder whether his absence today means he may be about to leave now that the window is open?

Would perhaps explain why Farke named Idah on the bench but then preferred to put Marco f'in Stiepermann up front (strange decision, he can't even score in his number 10 position at this level).

If so, should we expect a striker incoming?

Most of the links we’ve had have been foreigners, so we will clearly need to offload (if only on loan) a couple of our overseas contingent to get any of them in.  You’d think Heise would be the most obvious but Srbeny and perhaps Ralph will also be in there (the latter most likely of his own choice).

41 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Would have thought  Leitner, Heise and Roberts were closer to the exit than Srbeny. Especially with Drmic's dismal injury record.

The problem with letting Roberts go is that we'd have to replace him with a homegrown player, as you have to name 8 in your squad.

We would, however, need to take a foreign player out of our 25 in order to register another foreign player.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Webber/Farke see half a season in the Championship being a good idea for Srbeny, with the hope that he can impress and be an option for us next season? 

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Oooh Roberts! I'd forgotten about him. Why isn't he in the squad d'yer reckon?

Who knows.

Perhaps Webber signed him and Farke doesn't rate him. 

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Oooh Roberts! I'd forgotten about him. Why isn't he in the squad d'yer reckon?

I read a quote from Farke calling him fourth choice. Just seems like Farke doesn't have a great deal of faith in him compared to Todd, Onel and Emi.

• Thanks 1

Roberts is going to Middlesbrough and Leitner is back in Germany. We are pushing the boundaries with the homegrown rule so I wouldn't be surprised if any our 'foreign' non regulars are replaced uf Roberts is leaving.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Farke isn’t keen on Roberts attitude

Did Farke tell you that in m & s when he was doing his shopping or is that just another rumour doing the rounds?

TVB - Srbeny wasn't involved because he's injured  with a back problem - see Farkes comments after the game

No matter what we or Farke think of Srbeny, he’ll be on PL wages now, so any move elsewhere will have to involve us paying him off. Still, I doubt his pay packet is at Naismith levels.

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

No matter what we or Farke think of Srbeny, he’ll be on PL wages now, so any move elsewhere will have to involve us paying him off. Still, I doubt his pay packet is at Naismith levels.

Highly doubt that Srbeny is on mega money. He has would have got a 50 percent pay rise, but can't imagine he was on big money last season.

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The problem with letting Roberts go is that we'd have to replace him with a homegrown player, as you have to name 8 in your squad.

We would, however, need to take a foreign player out of our 25 in order to register another foreign player.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Webber/Farke see half a season in the Championship being a good idea for Srbeny, with the hope that he can impress and be an option for us next season? 

Not strictly true, you can just name a maximum of 17 non-homegrown. I do agree though that some time regularly playing would be good for him and us...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wonder whether his absence today means he may be about to leave now that the window is open?

Would perhaps explain why Farke named Idah on the bench but then preferred to put Marco f'in Stiepermann up front (strange decision, he can't even score in his number 10 position at this level).

I suspect the idea was stieps would give us a bit of a pressure relief, knock it long and he wins the header or holds it up for a little so it doesn't just come straight back at us (which is the root of our problem IMO, when we are under the kosh we get pushed further back because we don't have that option, we clear it and it just comes straight back at us, which isn't helped by our tactic of not leaving a player up on corners).

Surely Roberts was just 4th choice and wasnt pushing the existing starters/bench enough. Glad he is gone and hopefully we can add a better quality player to our ranks as his loan replacement. Hopefully some early business in this window -  I will be disappointed if not.

40 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Surely Roberts was just 4th choice and wasnt pushing the existing starters/bench enough. Glad he is gone and hopefully we can add a better quality player to our ranks as his loan replacement. Hopefully some early business in this window -  I will be disappointed if not.

Man City signed him for £12m a few years ago, he was supposed to be a huge talent. 

17 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hopefully, dreadful player

• Sad 1

Srbeny never really put a foot wrong, some pretty harsh comments for a player coming from the lower german divisions. Felt he did well when he was given the opportunity. Late sub showings didn't exactly give him chance to do a lot. But with Drmic coming back maybe he feels he'll have better opportunities elsewhere now.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If Srbeny plays at Preston that is our cup run over.

Didn’t he score two in the League Cup last season against a team from a higher division? 🤔

• Like 2

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

What utter nonsense.

Yes agree, utter nonsense, you have to start a run, before it’s over! We’re normally out before we run!😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes agree, utter nonsense, you have to start a run, before it’s over! We’re normally out before we run!😉

Haha. Yes we're normally knocked out by one of the giants of English football like MK Dons or Luton ages before we amount to anything that can be called a run!.

• Haha 1

On 01/01/2020 at 21:53, Capt. Pants said:

Roberts is going to Middlesbrough and Leitner is back in Germany. We are pushing the boundaries with the homegrown rule so I wouldn't be surprised if any our 'foreign' non regulars are replaced uf Roberts is leaving.

This is interesting. As I heard a rumour a while back about his being in Germany. I didn't say anything about it, as it was told to me in confidence but if the cat is sort of out of the bag...

Apparently they (Webber and Farke) have a big problem with Mo's attitude. Webber allegedly went as far to say "he's the most arrogant man I've ever met".

This all came about after a game, where Leitner went up to Farke and told him "If you knew anything about game management we'd have won that!" Of course, Leitner was asked to apologise. But he didn't. So they told him there and then he wouldn't be involved in the next games until he did say sorry. He was called in a couple of days later, still refusing to apologise, so they said, "best you go back to Germany then and come back when you're ready to say sorry"

He stayed there.

Would be quite interested to find out where you got that from, Pants! I haven't heard it mentioned elsewhere (although I did mention it to a couple of friends, one of whom posts on here!)

Edited by BobLoz3

8 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

This is interesting. As I heard a rumour a while back about his being in Germany. I didn't say anything about it, as it was told to me in confidence but if the cat is sort of out of the bag...

Apparently they (Webber and Farke) have a big problem with Mo's attitude. Webber allegedly went as far to say "he's the most arrogant man I've ever met".

This all came about after a game, where Leitner went up to Farke and told him "If you knew anything about game management we'd have won that!" Of course, Leitner was asked to apologise. But he didn't. So they told him there and then he wouldn't be involved in the next games until he did say sorry. He was called in a couple of days later, still refusing to apologise, so they said, "best you go back to Germany then and come back when you're ready to say sorry"

He stayed there.

Would be quite interested to find out where you got that from, Pants! I haven't heard it mentioned elsewhere (although I did mention it to a couple of friends, one of whom posts on here!)

You did indeed, and I can confirm that BobLoz's milkman's nephew goes to the same school as one of the head stewards' half-brother's daughters, so his information is extremely reliable.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If Srbeny plays at Preston that is our cup run over.

Now who’s been drinking ? 😉😁