Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Roberts and Fahrmann

Relatives of both really have it in for us on social media. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on there. It can't be as simple as them not getting game time? Surely must be more to it. I think we have created a few bad apples this season with the lack of rotation in the squad.

Just now, king canary said:

I saw about Roberts brother but not seen anything about Fahrmann?

his wife was posting some things I believe.

I don’t blame them/their relatives for being a bit miffed at a lack of game time, but the players should certainly be more ‘professional’ about it.

Roberts was clearly a mistake - he can’t get in the side or even the squad, and is using valuable funds so we should cut our losses on him.   Fahrmann was presumably assuming he’d get game-time and hasn’t had any; he was unlucky with his injury at Palace when he had his chance - but he can’t blame DF for Krul being one of our better-performing players this season.

Clearly not good enough so the quicker both are gone the better

Edited by JF

Fahrmann was brought in to be #1 and hasn't really had a look in because Krul has been outstanding. You can sympathise with his position.

Roberts, not so much.

I still think Fahrmann was a decent and necessary signing, considering the huge injury Krul had a few years ago. It was vital we had someone ready to step up should the injury reoccur. I feel for him, as he has pedigree as a quality keeper but Krul has been one of our best players and not deserved dropping. 

Roberts on the other hand has been a disaster. Clearly thought of by the management team as nowhere near good enough. 

Combine Roberts with Drmic as our only two attacking signings in the summer and questions have to be asked of the recruitment team. The recruitment team deservedly commanded a lot of praise last season and Farke will no doubt have asked for more of the same this year. However, they have failed to deliver anything even moderately looking like contributing to goals. Pukki and Cantwell should not be expected to do it all by themselves. 

Edited by HertsCanary93
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Relatives of both really have it in for us on social media. Makes me wonder what the hell is going on there. It can't be as simple as them not getting game time? Surely must be more to it. I think we have created a few bad apples this season with the lack of rotation in the squad.

If they're bad apples (and it's a big if)  then it's purely down to them. We've seen time and again over the last two seasons how players who haven't been getting a game have been 100% supportive of those in the first team. 

It's tough. I think we have to be critical of how little impact the new players have made on our team. 

But then I wonder how much of Krul, Cantwell and Pukki's success this season can be put down to Fahrmann, Roberts and Drmic challenging them for their place.

If you google "Patrick Roberts brother" you'll see that he shoots his mouth off at every club Patrick goes to. Apparently thinks his brother is Messi and everyone else are idiots for not seeing that. 

Farke all but confirmed that Roberts was being sent back to Citeh in his post match presser anyway.