Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

The Happy New Year Match Thread

This one is on Farke for me- really poor game management, couldn't get out of our own box and the equaliser was inevitable. 

• Like 1

More VAR BS, against Spurs absolutely nobody called offside yet it's given due to VAR, against Palace the Lino gives offside and VAR gets involved to overrule it and yet again we get screwed.

Twice in as many games VAR has f**ked us over rather than listening to the match officials, are we just going to get rid of ref's next season and let VAR call everything????

Absolute horses**t system.

• Like 1

Just now, paul moy said:

Keep this squad together and we will surely be up again soon.

(a) we won't

(b) if we did what would be the point?

Just now, Indy_Bones said:

More VAR BS, against Spurs absolutely nobody called offside yet it's given due to VAR, against Palace the Lino gives offside and VAR gets involved to overrule it and yet again we get screwed.

Twice in as many games VAR has f**ked us over rather than listening to the match officials, are we just going to get rid of ref's next season and let VAR call everything????

Absolute horses**t system.

We didn't get screwed today- he was onside. 

Could see you became weak mentally towards end and after you concede goal you almost conceded a penalty.

I would say you need a huth in that defense to keep everyone's heads together. 

You guys need a 2 goal cushion otherwise.

Just now, Making Plans said:

(a) we won't

(b) if we did what would be the point?

Premiership money and I enjoy supporting a yoyo team.

• Like 1

Aside from that mental breakdown (you had 4 chances to clear that palace build up to their goal) you look like a mid table team.  Its the defensive panic that seems your issue.

I have never seen a team play so well for long periods but fail to kill the game on so many occasions. I'm not sure what the answer is to that, but we are going to struggle to get out of this now, 7 points adrift is a hell of a gap.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yup, Steiperman's leg played him on.

Angry as much as anything. I don't understand the substitutions at all. Marco hasn't been worth his place all season tbh and to think bringing him on would close out the game ranks among DF's worst decisions.

It was in our hands. Still hate VAR even though it appeared to be correct, 

Connor Wickham's equaliser was his first in the Premier League for 1,138 days since he netted against Manchester City in November 2016!!!!!

We're simply not good enough. The fact we're so close to be is utterly depressing. 

We're going down. End of. 

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Angry as much as anything. I don't understand the substitutions at all. Marco hasn't been worth his place all season tbh and to think bringing him on would close out the game ranks among DF's worst decisions.

No doubt at all VAR was correct, sadly. If only McLeans shot had gone in rather that hitting the bar.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

He clearly wasn't, the lino and ref called it right.

Once again it took an embarassingly long time for them to find a frame and jiggle the lines to justify the decision they wanted to make.

All this despite the Premier League being told in no uncertain terms again the other day that VAR is only to be used for clear and obvious errors and not to make forensic offside decisions. This is corruption pure and simple.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

We did get screwed, because the assistant ref called it offside, without VAR, we'd have won 1-0...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creative Midfielder said:

He clearly wasn't, the lino and ref called it right.

Once again it took an embarassingly long time for them to find a frame and jiggle the lines to justify the decision they wanted to make.

All this despite the Premier League being told in no uncertain terms again the other day that VAR is only to be used for clear and obvious errors and not to make forensic offside decisions. This is corruption pure and simple.

And jet fuel can't melt steel beams...

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Agree, Marco Stiepermann has shown himself as clearly not good enough for this level. 

I would rather have seen Idah.

Anybody know what's up with Srbeny, was he just dropped for Idah?