Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

The Happy New Year Match Thread

Let's hope so

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Byram; Tettey, Vrancic, Buendia, McLean, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Fahrmann (GK), Lewis, Amadou, Trybull, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Srebny

PALACE (4-5-1): Guaita; Kelly, Tomkins, Sakho, Riedewald; Meyer, McCarthy, Milivojevic (C), McArthur, Zaha; Ayew. Subs: Hennessey (GK), Woods, Kouyate, Kirby, Pierrick, Wickham, Daly 

REFEREE: Jonathan Moss 

VAR: Jarred Gillett

Lewis and Hernandez did enough to retain their places, but Farke is being smart here, he knows we'll have a lot of the ball high up and not a lot of space to work into and will need to be switched on at the back so Byram and Cantwell are clever changes imo. McLean for Stiepermann is a more debatable change as Marco had a decent game last week, I assume that's for fitness reasons. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

'taint Dennis it's Idah on the bench. And McGovern not Fahrmann (according to NCFC twitter).

It's been changed now

NORWICH (4-2-3-1): Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Hanley (C), Byram; Tettey, Vrancic, Buendia, McLean, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: McGovern (GK), Lewis, Amadou, Trybull, Stiepermann, Hernandez, Idah

• Thanks 1

Happy enough with that lineup. I was disappointed with Onel last time out actually. I just wonder if DF would risk Emi at No 10? I think he can do so much damage around the box but do admit he creates so much a bit deeper and wider.

A win is a must if we don't want the gap to widen. And just would like to see a win for the supporters.

Shame. Sounds like Saints got lucky with a dour Spurs performance and Kane limping off. So it's up to us and let'shope our improved performances dish up the win we deserve to keep us in touch

Fahrmann on his way back to Schalke? And Srbeny off too? Seems strange that they’ve both lost their bench places today?

Think Hernandez is like a thousand and one wingers who have gone before him.

Lightning pace, excellent dribbling skills but clueless once he gets in the box and needs to pick a pass.

Edited by Making Plans

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Lightning pace, excellent dribbling skills but clueless once he gets in the box and needs to pick a pass.

You often never quite know what he will do, which is exciting to watch. Sometimes though I wonder if Onel knows himself what he will do.

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

You often never quite know what he will do, which is exciting to watch. Sometimes though I wonder if Onel knows himself what he will do.

His play gives us a different dimention though and opens up defences for our other more technical players. He's not really suited for a game like this where palace will defend with 10 men for most of the game but other games he can be very useful even if individually he doesn't contribute much

13 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

An excellent player, like Redmond and others before him, wrongly blamed

CRYSTAL PALACE= only won once during last ten new year day games -so whats the betting we will be the second

Great start, Todd is truly having an amazing season. 

Felt fairly certain it would be ruled out for offside but fair play to the assistant referees.

Just now, Splendid Rush said:

This one only works for a few seconds for me... Are there any others? 

Have you tried all the streams listed? I had to experiment with a few, click through popups etc before I found one that worked.

11 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Fourth home game in a row that we go 1-0 up. Can we win this one for a change?

I saw a stat that in December we lost more points from winning positions in a single month than any team ever. 

We're in January now though so hopefully we've left that in 2019.

Can we talk for a second about what a ***t football team Palace are? 

Give it to the fast lads to run at their defence...that's it, that's all they have, except maybe their captain banging one in from 30 yards. The tactics of the man who was once given the England job, shocking really. Their team sums up everything wrong with the PL.