Sign in to follow this  
Alan_Grey

How much is there to spend?

I''m a little confused as to how much money will be available to spend on new players. Now, all the speculation in the world won''t give us the answer because if you don''t work in football, you''re frankly ignorant as to how the finances work. But one point I''d like to make is that it may be more than some of you think. My reasoning is that we can surely spend the original 3million+ we paid for Ashton as well as the profit. I mean, we were willing to spend it before, why not again? If the board/Worthy have any sense they will try their damndest to get in another Ashton, and by that I don''t mean a similar style player, but another upcoming player who would at the very least be a good financial investment. Sadly, because of our position this means a league 1 player - and yes we''ve discussed the possibilities there ten thousand times already.Anyway, I''m rambling. But there''s a lot of prophesising about doomsday around here, and I wanted to point out that it''s not all bad. Our current players can come good. We can make some good signings in the next 9 days. Do not despair folks!

i think theres only 1/2m with that we will end up getting windass or big les ferdinand at best, which i hope anyway.

we havent had a good experienced striker since tooonnnnyyy coooottttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeee[&]

Delia and her cronies  can make money vanish very easily , just look back to how the Premiership windfall went and this small sum should be no problem at all . Delia go back to supporting  Town  , maybe you can drag them down like you are us.

I think JJ is the only "newboy" who can possibly be a good signing. Hughes isn''t good enough, Etutu is Francis Mk2 (but not as good), Colin was released by PSV for a reason, and Thorne is coming to the end of his career