Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Prudence and sod all else!.

''Prudence'', the club has this by the cart load, its the ''sod all else'' which concerns me!.

Putting the Ashton saga to one side (I believe he will go) where are the signings to get us into the play offs?, no where, that where.

After begging fifty grand to sing Robinson, who else have we signed?, Ethu doesn''t count!.

City are ''messed up'' IMO, the manager signings have been a liability of late, and his tactics, for want of a better word, have been pitiful.

We desperatly need a wide RIGHT sided player........not another striker in my book, yet Doomcaster says there''s no cash available.....................as I said sod all else!.

Where''s a wealthy Russian when you need one.

Do you not think that stating ''get the smiths out'', which i assume is in referance to delia, is a crazy tag line. I am well aware that we can not live in the past but look what we moan about now than 10 years ago, we are not at risk of going bust and we have the hottest property in english football on our books (after theo). You would rather have the son of  Russian arms dealer in charge than the people who gave us the opportunity to cry murder at the site of us not leading the championship by a country mile. If the ''smiths'' go what about the fortune they have invested if they pull that out then we are the wizards white rabbit gone in a puff of stale smoke. I am all for argument and rants about the board and the manager but don''t they have an element of common sense in them.

i dare say your length of support will be thrown back at me as your right to say what you please but shouldn''t the elder statesmen of the support be even more grateful for what they have done. by the way i too was a league cup final (all of five years old) as well as cup semi finals and the ''glourious'' uefa cup run. The events that followed those days, i protested for the fat one to go, haven''t they given us an objective point of referance?

well rant over you have to love a good argument!!!

Wiz,

I can''t see why you continually attack Delia and the board just because the refuse to sack a manager and refuse to pay out vast transfer fees which may cripple the club at a later date.  You only have to look down the road too see what trouble Ipswich got into through lack of prudence.  In order for Robinson to be signed ''The Smiths'' and others have provided a loan to the club.  The majority of this message board think Robinson will be a good signing. 

So if you had you way Delia would be out, Robinson would not be at the club and this message board would be berating Worthy for his lack of signings, as you have done in your original post.

So what is it to be then? Delia or new players?  Or perhaps you have contacts in the Russian underworld and are planning to bring Romans third cousin twice removed into the club?

1st Wizard you are entertaining but you need to get real if "the Smiths" go where the hell will that leave us and who on earth will replace them. You only have to look at events down the A140 to see what happens if you mess about with the financial side of a football club.

Yes the club has many faults (or problems) at the moment, but where HONESTLY, would we be without "the Smiths" at the moment. And by the way I''m not a "pro-Worthyist" I don''t actually think that the situation is that simplistic.

" Can you stop pointing out our clubs obvious faults, this only upsets the pro Worthyists."

It is not some pro Worrthy stance that unites those that disagree with the ragbag of anti Worthy malcontents but the stupidity of their arguments.

What they claim are the ''clubs obvious faults'' are usually no more than ill informed anti worthy bleats. Any woe, true or imagined is always blamed on Worthington.

In fact as a measure of the stupidity of their arguments we have the arch idiot bemoaning the fact that City haven''t signed any new players whilst holding the opinion that Ashton will leave.

So it''s ok if Ashton leaves in the latter part of the month but not for us to sign anyone in the same period.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

''Prudence'', the club has this by the cart load, its the ''sod all else'' which concerns me!.

Putting the Ashton saga to one side (I believe he will go) where are the signings to get us into the play offs?, no where, that where.

After begging fifty grand to sing Robinson, who else have we signed?, Ethu doesn''t count!.

City are ''messed up'' IMO, the manager signings have been a liability of late, and his tactics, for want of a better word, have been pitiful.

We desperatly need a wide RIGHT sided player........not another striker in my book, yet Doomcaster says there''s no cash available.....................as I said sod all else!.

[/quote]

Im sorry but having a go at Delia and the board is the wrong attitude to have, currently the manager is at fault.  Delia has backed him at key times throughout his time at norwich.  Yes we need a wide right midfielder - hopefully worthy will sign one.  if he doesnt i fear the imbalance in the first team will spoil our play off chances and worthy will go in the summer. Paul McVeigh and December saved him his job, if we go back to previous form we will finish not even close to the play-offs.

Paul,

I agree with you wholeheartedly here, though I think my main grumble with Worthington is that he seemingly doesn''t understand that we desperately need a proper right winger (I''m prepared to reserve judgement as to his recent central midfield signings as I actually think that there is some potential there). But I agree that the imbalance of not having a wide right player will ruin any chance that we have of making the play offs (let alone winning them!) and getting McVeigh to sign a new contract. It is also making Colin look a lot less proficient than I think he is. I know this is water under the bridge now but I will never understand the decision not to sign Cooper at the end of the promotion season.

Boys, boys, chill out and relax!

Firstly and foremostly, the board have shown that they are not a bunch of knee-jerkers, let things take their natural course.

I read and understand a post (sorry cant remember which one) that was about the points gap between us and the playoffs -  but it is still a possibility. Our season can go either way, but I do not fear relegation.

At the end of the season, I''m sure the board will have a good look at ''where we''re at'' and they will make the correct decision.

I know that I am going to get a bit of ''i wont sit back and watch the club go down the pan'' and your are perfectly entitled to your opinions, but remember the mess we were in at the end of November, and the board didnt act. Unless the same thing happens again and we look like we are entering into a relegation battle March time, I''m sure Worthy will go to the end of the season unless it becomes apparent we will not make the play offs.

The board have indicated the yo-yo, charlton method - thats their business plan and IMO Nigel''s job depends on that.

One thing is for certain though - losses against Reading and Watford would leave one point for January (do Coco-Cola do the worst manager of the month?) A loss against Ipswich would really get the board thinking long and hard.

IMO Wiz I think that what you are generally posting are things that will be agreed with by many come the end of Feb, your just ahead of your time! Just dont expect too much support from the masses whilst we are in a situation where we could get promoted via the play offs.

Yes Rossi, you know and I know and we all know that Wiz does not want to wait until the end of February so that the majority is in accord with him. Do you Wizard? No, on the contrary, he would much rather prefer the majority is not in accord with him until such time that he can say, " I bloody well told you so". Unfortunately, there are far too many that agree with Wizard to allow him to make such claims as if the crown belongs to him. I think the "crown" this year will have to be the "dunce" hat and we will allow Squit ( Dicky ) to be the permanent custodian of said headware.  

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Yes Rossi, you know and I know and we all know that Wiz does not want to wait until the end of February so that the majority is in accord with him. Do you Wizard? No, on the contrary, he would much rather prefer the majority is not in accord with him until such time that he can say, " I bloody well told you so". Unfortunately, there are far too many that agree with Wizard to allow him to make such claims as if the crown belongs to him. I think the "crown" this year will have to be the "dunce" hat and we will allow Squit ( Dicky ) to be the permanent custodian of said headware.  [/quote]

What makes a dunce is not recognising the truth, I am not Dicky.

A measured response as expected from YC.  Wiz 1 may be the most vehement, slightly balmy Worthy Outer but he can''t take all the plaudits for the inevitable Worthy demise, just lets look forward to the day Delia wakes up "Lets be Havin You", the best supporters in the land have spoken, well some anyway.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Yes Rossi, you know and I know and we all know that Wiz does not want to wait until the end of February so that the majority is in accord with him. Do you Wizard? No, on the contrary, he would much rather prefer the majority is not in accord with him until such time that he can say, " I bloody well told you so". Unfortunately, there are far too many that agree with Wizard to allow him to make such claims as if the crown belongs to him. I think the "crown" this year will have to be the "dunce" hat and we will allow Squit ( Dicky ) to be the permanent custodian of said headware.  [/quote]

What makes a dunce is not recognising the truth, I am not Dicky.

[/quote]

you are dicky!! come on admit it!! you have been found out you old hamilton loving fool!

Well, you got the first half of your sentence right Squit ( what makes a dunce is not recognising the truth....) . You are definitely improving. Now if you can act on that thought I may have to promote you to Captain Dicky.

I think its sad that you don''t believe me but I''ll say it once again, I''m not Dicky. If you want to waste time posting that I am carry on, I don''t feel that I need to correct you on this point any longer.

[quote user="A load of squit"]I think its sad that you don''t believe me but I''ll say it once again, I''m not Dicky. If you want to waste time posting that I am carry on, I don''t feel that I need to correct you on this point any longer.[/quote]

"Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dicky! say a little ''Squit'' for me!"...."Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dicky! say a little ''Squit'' for me!"

To the tune of "Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken! lay a little egg for me!"......Immature I know, but I just can''t help myself!........... ;~) 

[quote user="A load of squit"]I think its sad that you don''t believe me but I''ll say it once again, I''m not Dicky. If you want to waste time posting that I am carry on, I don''t feel that I need to correct you on this point any longer.[/quote]

well if you arent dicky, then Captain Dicky is a top new nickname for you squit or should i say Captain Dicky!!

Rankin ranted

Im sorry but having a go at Delia and the board is the wrong attitude to have, currently the manager is at fault.  Delia has backed him at key times throughout his time at norwich.  Yes we need a wide right midfielder - hopefully worthy will sign one.  if he doesnt i fear the imbalance in the first team will spoil our play off chances and worthy will go in the summer. Paul McVeigh and December saved him his job, if we go back to previous form we will finish not even close to the play-offs.

Tactical error here Rant, I have read other posts and it is quite clear Wiz wants to be your ''posting buddy'' so why spurn his advances with a corrective missive?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dicky! say a little ''Squit'' for me!"...."Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dicky! say a little ''Squit'' for me!"

To the tune of "Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken! lay a little egg for me!"......Immature I know, but I just can''t help myself!........... ;~) 

[/quote]

For those of us not in the loop [*-)]

1. who is Dicky (and I don''t want the reply - "he''s Squit/Captain Dicky"...please!) and what''s so special about Dicky anyway? and

2. what does it matter whether Squit is/is not Dicky/Captain Dicky (if you see what I mean...)?

Look forward to a clear exposition from one of the wise...

Thanks. 

[quote user="Oso Butch"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

1. who is Dicky (and I don''t want the reply - "he''s Squit/Captain Dicky"...please!) and what''s so special about Dicky anyway? and

2. what does it matter whether Squit is/is not Dicky/Captain Dicky (if you see what I mean...)?

Thanks. 

[/quote] Oso Butch......are you Really MadDan?..........please expound! ;~)

You see Oso.......Dicky and his ''chums'' are all employee''s of the club........allegedly....... ;~)

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Oso Butch"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Thanks. 

You see Oso.......Dicky and his ''chums'' are all employee''s of the club........allegedly....... ;~)

[/quote]

And you''re a top lyracist.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Oso Butch"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Thanks. 

[/quote]

And you''re a top lyracist.

[/quote]

hey ho cap''n, back at the board buddyarino

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Even more shocking Dicky is that some have a double life.[/quote]

Do you ''phone Neil Adams as Barry, you seem to have the same afflication as him?

To go off at a tangent here, the only prudence I like is Dear Prudence by The Beatles. The Siouxsie and the Banshees version of the same song is pretty good as well.

Oh dear, when reading the inane and childish comments on this board the mind boggles.  Not much in the way of maturity of debate shines through, apart from the odd one or two who seek to grab an ill defined headline that porports to be, "Replace the manager". So many times i''ve said, "who with" who wants to come, and at what cost?

Who is there out there that will work amicably within the boards  constraints, and is he or she likely to be an all round experienced manager who can guarantee success and few if any mistakes.  Sound the market out there some of you, who obviously have the time on your hands, see what is there that has prem experience and a guaranteed success rate and also is within our budget requirements. When you''ve found youre replacement ask yourselves why is he there and available, what skelitons lie in his or her cupboard?

With what we have I feel that we will get into the play offs, at the moment we have a dud mid-field and no forward width, and not much in the way of football craft.  Given that, three new signings would be able to plug those those gaps.

We may by the end of the season be better than some of the opposition, If we are fortunate enough to go up, we will not, unless our training in the basics of the game improves be a force to be reckoned with in the much vaunted Prem! So what price a managerial upheaval?

beelsie

Oh dear, when reading the inane and childish comments on this board the mind boggles.  Not much in the way of maturity of debate shines through, apart from the odd one or two who seek to grab an ill defined headline that porports to be, "Replace the manager". So many times i''ve said, "who with" who wants to come, and at what cost?

Who is there out there that will work amicably within the boards  constraints, and is he or she likely to be an all round experienced manager who can guarantee success and few if any mistakes.  Sound the market out there some of you, who obviously have the time on your hands, see what is there that has prem experience and a guaranteed success rate and also is within our budget requirements. When you''ve found youre replacement ask yourselves why is he there and available, what skelitons lie in his or her cupboard?

With what we have I feel that we will get into the play offs, at the moment we have a dud mid-field and no forward width, and not much in the way of football craft.  Given that, three new signings would be able to plug those those gaps.

We may by the end of the season be better than some of the opposition, If we are fortunate enough to go up, we will not, unless our training in the basics of the game improves be a force to be reckoned with in the much vaunted Prem! So what price a managerial upheaval?

And your point is...............................................................?[*-)]