Sign in to follow this  
Beno27

Thankyou Deano

Only right that we take a moment out to thank Deano, he was a legend for Norwich City and I wish him alll the best he WILL go to the world cup and i wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact. It was great for me to see one of my favourite players joining and playing for the club. I dont care about the 7 million, it will be wasted. I hate the board and manager for lying and i just wonder how many of us will renew our season tickets.

Deano we thank you

agreed - absolutely top class player and a bloke right out of the top drawer aswell, he''ll certainly get a very warm reception at FCR should he ever return! very very happy for the lad and i hope it all works out for him.

cheers deano - you''ll be missed mate!

Here Here, good luck with everything Deano. Hope you end up in an England shirt several times over the years, thanks for the memories.

(As a sidenote)

"We''re always committed to trying to keep our best players at the club, but the size of today''s bid coupled with Dean''s desire to make the move happen meant that after talking it through with the Board and the lad himself we''ve decided to accept this offer,” Worthington told the Canaries website."

Sounds as though he wanted to leave, may be a big reason as to why he was sold.

Wouldn''t go as far as to say he was a legend, but good luck to the lad.

I sincerly believe he would have stayed with the club for a few years, if some absoutely shocking decisions hadn''t been made on, and off the football field.

I don''t like WestHam, but good luck to him

[quote user="Beno27"]

Only right that we take a moment out to thank Deano, he was a legend for Norwich City and I wish him alll the best he WILL go to the world cup and i wouldnt be surprised if he makes a big impact. It was great for me to see one of my favourite players joining and playing for the club. I dont care about the 7 million, it will be wasted. I hate the board and manager for lying and i just wonder how many of us will renew our season tickets.

Deano we thank you

[/quote]

i also feel betrade by the board for covering all this up since the west ham game. I don''t blame dean and wich him all the best for the future, he will be a very good player for west ham. We''ll be seeing him in an england shirt sooner rather than later i feel. All worhty had to do was build the team around dean and we would never have been in this situation.

Bye dean.

Well I DO blame Ashton  he never has in my opinion sat at the canary table, and I won''t wish him well either.

Why should I?, he wanted to leave didn''t he?, so he can sod off!.

A legend? He''s only been at the club for a year. That''s an insult to the true legends.

Much has been said about Damien Francis''s body language last season. Deano''s body language has been so fluent this season. He''s wanted to go from day one.

I think he''s over-hyped and over-priced. My only worry really is what duffers Nigel is going to buy with the proceeds.

If we''d shown as much ambition as West Ham have, maybe we would still be in the promised land. Good luck to Dean Ashton at West Ham, England and beyond.

Yes indeed - good luck Dean, and my abiding memories will be a superb flicked goal against Ma City, an opener agains man Utd and a last minute winner against newcastle that left grazes on my shins from the seat in front for 3-4 weeks!

If we had done a Palace this season (ie were genuinely looking like returning this season, and actually playing some decent football on a consistent basis) then I actually believe he would have wanted to stay as he has never come across as dis-loyal, but we''re not so he''s off and good luck to him.

why say thanks when hes jumped ship at the first chance? he should have been more honest with us too, at no time did he EVER pledge loyalty to this club, hes just like the rest and taken the money! he was part of the team that got us relegated and so he should have stayed all season to help us try to get promoted!

[quote user="baldyboy"]why say thanks when hes jumped ship at the first chance? he should have been more honest with us too, at no time did he EVER pledge loyalty to this club, hes just like the rest and taken the money! he was part of the team that got us relegated and so he should have stayed all season to help us try to get promoted![/quote]

If someone increased your wages and gave you the chance to work at a better more established business with better backing, you''d probably take it mate

Sorry Baldyboy, we were relegated before we Ashton.  

you say:

"...at no time did he pledge his loyalty to this club...."

So you''d have preferred him to lie, say he wants to stay at the club for life, and then leave!?

And your last point, we will not get promoted, with or without Ashton. He has got the World cup to think of.

I''d rather Ashton in an England shirt in Germany than a Norwich shirt at Burnley!!

to be honest he was a great player maybe one of the most talented ever at this club but i dont wish him wel we put our trust in him in the premiership and surely he should have the trust in us and want to help us get back up there. to be honest it just shwos a how greedy and self centred players can be. he no doubtedly  was great for us but he could of shown some loyalty!!!! and also who are we gonna spend the money on a sunderland striker who has scored one goal this season yes that makes sense. im running out of patience the board are liars worthy can,t be trsuted with our team and are star players have no loyalty. bring on leauge 1 next year!?!?

josh

My outstanding memory of Dean will be him vaining injury at Plymouth

and the trainer pushing him back on the pitch!  Ashton was never

fit always looking for the move away, even after he signed an improved

contact.  This guy was no legend just another Judas like Steve

Bruce

Yeah he''s a good player, and I can''t blame him for wanting to further his career, but I really can''t see where you can begin to justify calling him a City legend. Not even close. Green maybe and certainly Huckerby, but it seems as though the whole of the last year in Ashton''s career has been totally self serving. As I said, good luck to him but he isn''t a legend in my books. 

Like all pro footballers in it just for the money, he was no legend at

this club not even close missed loads of sitters this season ,his mind

has been on a move since the start of the season  we were just a

stepping stone  of no importance to him  always looked a

loner  and just  waiting  for that  big 

money  move,  talk is  cheap  all  that 

rubbish  about  wanting  to  help  us 

back  good riddance to players who don''t want to be here."Good

luck" your joking after treating our club like a bit of  dog turd

stuck under your shoe prehaps you should take a note out of Sarfi''s

book .

He''s not a legend, he''s just used us as a stepping stone for his own career! I never got the impression that he wanted to be at City, the pen he scored vs Birmingham last season was (nearly) one of the most importanat in the clubs history, did he celebrate??????? no, he just walked along as though he''d missed it, he had no passion for the team or the fans. He''s a good player, ok, but he didn''t give a toss about Norwich City FC, he was just bothered about himself and his own profile. As for the board and manager, they are just a bunch of liars, no more Saturdays at CR for me, a new set of  clubs and a couple of boxes of Titliest Pro V1''s will occupy my afternoon from now on!!!!!