Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Cantwell to Arsenal???

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

This could come back and bite him, probably drunk at the time

Don't be silly, they were training this afternoon and he posted that at 5:30pm, His tweet has had over 16k likes & retweets so a lot of support for our Todd & rightly so, huge improvement this season in his performances

• Like 1

Don't like it one little bit and lacking class. If this is a genuine tweet and if he is going to turn into an arrogant so and so, he may need to be brought down a peg or two by his mentors. He is young and has a long way to go yet and if he thinks he is on the way to the top, well he may or may not be, but best he keep that kind of talk to himself.  The best players don't have to talk like that and young hopeful players should have the wit to keep a low profile and let their feet do the talking on the pitch. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Don't like it one little bit and lacking class. If this is a genuine tweet and if he is going to turn into an arrogant so and so, he may need to be brought down a peg or two by his mentors. He is young and has a long way to go yet and if he thinks he is on the way to the top, well he may or may not be, but best he keep that kind of talk to himself.  The best players don't have to talk like that and young hopeful players should have the wit to keep a low profile and let their feet do the talking on the pitch. 

Agree with all of that. There's self belief and arrogance. Quietly getting on is a better trait. 

Young footballer is a bit of a kn0b shocker! 

It is a cringeworthy tweet though, he'd be best to remember that this is a team game and at the moment his team is 20th in the league, our players should have found the first half of this season very humbling and be accepting of the fact that they need to improve, every single one of them... as a team and as individuals. 

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Agree with all of that. There's self belief and arrogance. Quietly getting on is a better trait. 

Like Paul Scholes.

Can’t think why anyone would expect a young footballer to take the advice of old farts on this message board. Live and let live.

Fair play. Not to dissimilar to other posts hes done about being knocked back, told hes not good enough etc. 

And to be fair last season he got waaaaayyy too much stick for not being Emi - and even this season some refuse to recognise his contribution

Whilst not written eloquently the message is a positive one.

I would hope though that within the club he is taught to ignore the voices of trolls and a subsection of our fanbase - you'll always have those who make an early call on a player and refuse to accept any different regardless. He could score 25 goals this season and some fans would say hes too lightweight and he wears gloves...

• Like 2

A lot of princesses on here crying over a harmless tweet. Surprisingly coming from the older gents too.

Maybe some players use the type of negative comments Todd has received as a catalyst for pushing on in their professional careers. 

Social media gives players and in this case Todd, a platform to say STFU to all the naysayers and doubters. If you are one, or have taken offence to Todd's tweet then I suggest taking his advice!

Back to the original posts title, I see nothing in his tweet to suggest he's off anytime soon.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Fair play. Not to dissimilar to other posts hes done about being knocked back, told hes not good enough etc. 

And to be fair last season he got waaaaayyy too much stick for not being Emi - and even this season some refuse to recognise his contribution

Whilst not written eloquently the message is a positive one.

I would hope though that within the club he is taught to ignore the voices of trolls and a subsection of our fanbase - you'll always have those who make an early call on a player and refuse to accept any different regardless. He could score 25 goals this season and some fans would say hes too lightweight and he wears gloves...

Don't forget 'his goal celebration is stooped buh! 

• Haha 1

Looks to me like a perfectly reasonable post to end a year in which he started off in the reserves with people questioning his potential and ability to make it and ended as arguably the most exciting young English midfield talent in the Premier League? Encouraging others who may be in a similar situation to believe in themselves, ignore the views of Jobsworth Canary  idiots who don't know what they're talking about and keep pushing for the breakthrough. 

Can't see how this in any way suggests he's going to Arsenal - I could comment on a Messi tweet saying 'Come to Norwich', doesn't mean it's happening. 

Good for Todd. He gets stick, even now, some of it utterly ridiculous and small minded stuff about his appearance and character, has a little pop back at his critics and like most bullies, they don't like it.

Yet there'll be those who bang on about the 'lack of ambition' of the club when he moves on...and some who'll probably be pleased and hope for someone who rolls up their sleeves, clenches their fists, has a number one haircut, "...gets ****ing stuck in, gets it ****ing forward and shouts ****ing come ON at no-one in particular throughout a game..."

10 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good job he has that attitude, if not we would be in a far worse position. 

Must be very hurtful for a young player with so much talent to receive so many negative comments from the people who are supposed to be supporting him.

Especially the hypocrites who then go on to complain at others for not being positive about their team. 

Nice to see the encouraging comment from Nathan Redmond. 

1 hour ago, Old Shuck said:

Yet there'll be those who bang on about the 'lack of ambition' of the club when he moves on...and some who'll probably be pleased and hope for someone who rolls up their sleeves, clenches their fists, has a number one haircut, "...gets ****ing stuck in, gets it ****ing forward and shouts ****ing come ON at no-one in particular throughout a game..."

Is that Chambers at Ipsw*ch ?

• Haha 1

Bugg£red if I can see anything to get all indignant about in his post.

being a professional sportsman is not just about talent but also about drive, guts and determination. All he's doing is letting the people who gave him a hard time know that he's determined to show them wrong. Send him out on loan was the cry at the start of the season. Thank goodness that didn't happen to our second highest goal scorer. Good on you Todd, well said!

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a half-cut rant to me.

His agent should tell him to get off social media immediately if he wants to make it to the top! Be professional. 

Else the rant just proves he's a loose cannon and might by accident do some real damage to his career and club next time.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Non story really isnt it? Young Todders may not be the most literate but he got his feelings off his chest, no harm done, bit silly I suppose, but nothing to ger worked up about. Hopefully,he'll learn that opening up on social media when you are in the spotlight is a risky business, as there'll always be a queue of people waiting to have a pop, no matter the subject.

Edited by wcorkcanary

27 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Bugg£red if I can see anything to get all indignant about in his post.

being a professional sportsman is not just about talent but also about drive, guts and determination. All he's doing is letting the people who gave him a hard time know that he's determined to show them wrong. Send him out on loan was the cry at the start of the season. Thank goodness that didn't happen to our second highest goal scorer. Good on you Todd, well said!

I just think it's a bit uneccessary. If he's got wound up about things, or got annoyed with criticism or stupid comments from people on social media, his satisfaction should come from proving them wrong on the pitch (which he is doing), not with rather tacky social media posts, which open him up to more criticism.

Social media is a thankless place - get on the wrong side of people and they don't let go, so if he doesn't like it, he would be best getting off it.

"Written off, not strong enough, not quick enough, not worthy of the number 14 shirt! "

It seems to me that this message is as a result of being affected by some of what he has heard or read , as above, and he felt the need to somehow 'strike back'.

I guess "Ignore the noise" is working well??

Maddison, Holt just two players who we loved and have enormous egos. It is part of the makeup and whatever Todd thinks, he is entitled to say what he thinks. If it rebounds on him then it will be his problem. But don't make it a problem for him.

• Like 3

Talk about total over reaction.. young kid saying he doesn't care what people say about him, he thinks he will make it to the top and everybody gets their knickers in a twist.. so much for backing the players.. Webber won't be happy with you...naughty

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I just think it's a bit uneccessary. If he's got wound up about things, or got annoyed with criticism or stupid comments from people on social media, his satisfaction should come from proving them wrong on the pitch (which he is doing), not with rather tacky social media posts, which open him up to more criticism.

Social media is a thankless place - get on the wrong side of people and they don't let go, so if he doesn't like it, he would be best getting off it.

The people giving him a hard time are the ones who need to be called out, not him for reacting to what was obviously pretty unpleasant. We all know how nasty some can get, hiding behind social media. The answer is not "getting off it" but confronting it for what it is and looking for the support of NCFC fans. With respect LDC, you of all people get plenty of over the top unpleasant flack on here and I don't see you backing down too often. 

21 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

The people giving him a hard time are the ones who need to be called out, not him for reacting to what was obviously pretty unpleasant. We all know how nasty some can get, hiding behind social media. The answer is not "getting off it" but confronting it for what it is and looking for the support of NCFC fans. With respect LDC, you of all people get plenty of over the top unpleasant flack on here and I don't see you backing down too often. 

Yes, that is all true - and I will always confront bullying/harrassment/injustice when I can. But on a social media platform like this and twitter, most of us have no other way to counter it than to answer back and in that respect Todd is lucky - he has another way of doing it - he can do it with his football and that is where his focus ought to be, not social media.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, that is all true - and I will always confront bullying/harrassment/injustice when I can.

Superhero! 

So sportsmen and women are not allowed a voice? 

Bit extreme. 

• Haha 1

I hardly ever go on twitter so I’m not sure how it works exactly-looks like this was his first tweet in about a week? If so, that’s hardly focusing on social media is it? Everyone has their own way of dealing with confrontation and criticism. Let him do it his way. 

38 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, that is all true - and I will always confront bullying/harrassment/injustice when I can. But on a social media platform like this and twitter, most of us have no other way to counter it than to answer back and in that respect Todd is lucky - he has another way of doing it - he can do it with his football and that is where his focus ought to be, not social media.

Are his five Premier League goals and countless excellent performances not enough for you Lakey? The actual evidence  would suggest that he is talking very eloquently on the pitch.