Sign in to follow this  
Nuff Said

Cantwell to Arsenal???

So Todd posted this earlier on Twitter:

There are loads of comments underneath saying “come to Arsenal”. Is this a thing? I’ve not heard anything about it before.

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So Todd posted this earlier on Twitter:

There are loads of comments underneath saying “come to Arsenal”. Is this a thing? I’ve not heard anything about it before.

Todd has been linked to Arsenal in the past - and I believe there's some family connection with Arsenal - or maybe just that some of them are Arsenal fans. And good though Todd is I think Arsenal would more likely be interested in Ben Godfrey. 

The true greats don’t need internet validation of strangers. You are good enough Todd and will get better and better but this isn’t needed. Focus and commit yourself.

A perfect example of why clubs should insist that players have no social media presence 

• Like 1

That's just rank. Starting with a double negative as well... makes him sound like a right little sh*t.

Ah well, he doesn't get paid to be good on social media.

Why is a player saying he is on the way to the top a bad thing... is it only Webber who is allowed to say he is off to better things. Good on him I say...

1 minute ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Clearly lacks class and a decent education 

Unlike internet trolls who slag him off? 

3 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

🧐

Maybe he`s getting fed up with some people telling him how crap he is, (not my opinion) . Can`t blame him for biting back at some of his critics, the lad is young, talented and gives his all for the club, don`t blame him if this is aimed at them.

Edited by daisy

If you’re a footballer and take offence to being trolled on social media then don’t have any social media accounts. Clearly as no one can tell him nothing, no one told him that...

The vast, and I mean VAST, majority of City supporters absolutely love Todd and recognise his worth, I just hope he understands this. 

I will never understand those idiots that counter productively do their best to push our best talent away. It’s just ****ing utterly bizarre and weird. I hope they’re happy now because it sounds like they’re beginning to get their way. Proud to have him at City, and I hope somehow we can match the likes of Todd’s ambitions, nothing worse than seeing us start doing something really special only to see it disband because we can’t get those 4 or 5 additional quality players that could push us towards Europe (again) eventually. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Feeling happy:classic_biggrin:  ?

42 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If we do anything in the next 10 years as a civilisation I hope to god it’s abandoning social media.

To kick it off, this should be sent to the EDP letters page or phoned into RN because internet forums are counted as social media. 

• Haha 1

Looks more like Villa to me ( though I can’t see us selling to a relegation rival ). A lion at the end of the tweet and a picture that looks like a serious chat with Villa players. 
I guess in all seriousness what he means is I was told these things but I am determined to get to the top. I will work on everything until I am the best.

Jeez! Give the kid a break.

He's just saying - 'to all those who haven't believed in me and still don't have my back I'll prove you wrong - never get cowed by the doubters' ... and what's wrong with that?

I respect the ambition, guts and self belief.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Jeez! Give the kid a break.

He's just saying - 'to all those who haven't believed in me and still don't have my back I'll prove you wrong - never get cowed by the doubters' ... and what's wrong with that?

I respect the ambition, guts and self belief.

Not only that but he’s also saying to people who perhaps also feel they are being written off that they should always believe in themselves, and keep on moving forward. Somehow this very positive part of the message seems to have been overlooked unfortunately. Fair play to him 👍🏼

It's a great message of encouragement to all those that get knocked back by criticism. Very typical of the lad.

• Like 1