Sign in to follow this  
Chumino

Window nearly open, stock value....

Ok we mortals can only surmise what numbers SW has scribbled on his pad as too good to turn down. We have stated no need to sell but we're a selling club with the 'model'. 

It's not our stock to sell but we're all entitled to an opinion. Lots of numbers flying around in different threads. Its a big money market out there and we have some very desirable assets.  What values would you be ok to accept for the good of the club?  I'll give it a go/tin hat on. I don't want any to go just for clarity. 

Aaron's.  £30 million 

Godfrey  £35 million

Buendia  £30 million

Lewis     £20 million

Pukki     £25 million

Obviously sell ons etc. 

Edited by Chumino
?

Apparently Liverpool are watching both Lewis and Buendea so I’d raise their values significantly 

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I assume from your list that Cantwell isn't for sale at any price. (Quite right too 😉 ). 

Oops.  Dereham deco £20 mil

14 minutes ago, JF said:

Apparently Liverpool are watching both Lewis and Buendea so I’d raise their values significantly 

No problem,  70 mil the pair. 

Just now, sonyc said:

A big worry is losing Farke at the end of the season.

Yep. Looking like Dortmund may come in for him and he’d be a fool not to go

Just now, sonyc said:

A big worry is losing Farke at the end of the season.

Agree. Distinct possibility I think with relegation. 

Just now, JF said:

Yep. Looking like Dortmund may come in for him and he’d be a fool not to go

I watch their results and keep hoping they win their matches!

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Would have thought Buendia is worth the most. 

Not home-grown, will make quite a big difference.

There is often a lot of hype and rumour with the January transfer window with the reality being often not a lot actually happens. That could change this time though with so many new managers at clubs e.g. Mourinho, Arteta, Pearson,  Moyes, Ancelotti all waiting to strengthen their squads. January is usually a sellers market and there could be added competition with all the above looking for players (and the clubs they buy off looking to strengthen) so I worry that we will lose at least one player, but we need to hugely inflate our asking prices.

The Farke to Dortmund rumour has been floating around a while but I would like to think DF would not jump mid season. Interesting and slightly worrying times.

Brilliant ... nothing sums up the attitude of us as a club than a what price would you sell for post.. not for me... weirdly I hope we keep our great young players and our most important players come what may and given we have not spent any thing and we have millions due to us at the end of the season, I see no reason to sell... is this not the model?

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Brilliant ... nothing sums up the attitude of us as a club than a what price would you sell for post.. not for me... weirdly I hope we keep our great young players and our most important players come what may and given we have not spent any thing and we have millions due to us at the end of the season, I see no reason to sell... is this not the model?

I’d imagine none of us want the club to sell any of the players but if a Liverpool/Spurs/Arsenal come knocking then they are going. That’s the reality for all clubs unless you’re Madrid or Barca 

6 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No its not the model. While you see no reason to sell Delia will sell. I did say I didn't want to see any go. Financially I agree we shouldn't need to but the allure of a big transfer to keep playing in the PL is the factor aswell as the £ signs for the club. Its all just a bit of speculation anyway. We have no say. Just curious what we all thought our talent was worth in January. 

All these rumors make me laugh, how the hell has anyone got a clue who is watching who. All guess work,  eventually if you throw enough rumors around some are bound to come true .

Surely we are in a position to play hard ball with anyone that wants any of our best players?  All on long contracts, all the best of them getting plenty of first team action in the Premier League here and who would not necessarily walk into a top team's first eleven.

We don't need to sell them mid season - and if we stay up, we don't need to sell them at the end of the season either. I dare say one or two might get sold on at the end of the season, but if they continue to do well, their value will increase in that time. So if any club is desperate for one of our players - they will have to pay a huge price imo to tempt the club to sell.

With the greatest of respect op I think you have vastly inflated Pukki’s value. 
If some of our talented youngsters went for mega prices and brought in experienced consistent premiership players I would say we have more chance of staying up. You also won’t find many players keen to stay here if they are getting offered north of £50,000 a week. 

9 minutes ago, Well b back said:

With the greatest of respect op I think you have vastly inflated Pukki’s value. 
If some of our talented youngsters went for mega prices and brought in experienced consistent premiership players I would say we have more chance of staying up. You also won’t find many players keen to stay here if they are getting offered north of £50,000 a week. 

I agree, I was just guessing, all imho. After all Pukki only has 9 goals not 10, to me he's reached double digits and that probably adds 10 mil haha. The pull of PL football and big wages will certainly ring the changes 

10 minutes ago, Chumino said:

I agree, I was just guessing, all imho. After all Pukki only has 9 goals not 10, to me he's reached double digits and that probably adds 10 mil haha. The pull of PL football and big wages will certainly ring the changes 

Absolutely.

For those reckoning we will have no heads turned if the bids come in here’s a snippet from Abraham’s contract negotiations

England striker Tammy Abraham's new contract talks with Chelsea have stalled because the 22-year-old wants to be on the same wage - £180,000 a week - as winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 19. 

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Absolutely.

For those reckoning we will have no heads turned if the bids come in here’s a snippet from Abraham’s contract negotiations

England striker Tammy Abraham's new contract talks with Chelsea have stalled because the 22-year-old wants to be on the same wage - £180,000 a week - as winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 19. 

Ruddy ell. 

19 hours ago, Chumino said:

Agree. Distinct possibility I think with relegation. 

That’s ok we’ll just get their B side (under 23) coach, worked twice before 😉