Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Spurs Tickets

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

I refreshed and got in at 9am. Another window I left open on the page got in at pretty much the same time without being touched at all so there is an auto-refresh that happens somewhere along the line.

Would assume the advice they give is to stop the servers being overwhelmed with requests as See Tickets etc experience every big release window such as Glastonbury, but who really knows - in theory it’s ‘only’ c.6,000 people trying to get in so assuming we’ve not gone nuclear on ticket office servers!

Sounds like you were very lucky then-what time did you refresh?

Glastonbury-OMG-I remember we tried to get tickets in the early 200s-in the days of dial-up internet and before you had to pre-register. Got on the website after a wait of about 3 hours, tickets were in the basket, went to the checkout and we were just entering the payment details when it went down-not sure if it was the internet, the servers crashing or what. Couldn't get back on because of the queue :classic_sad:

Same as every ticket sale I go for whether football or not, F5/refreshing from about three minutes before ‘go live’ - it has worked for every away ticket sale I’ve wanted to go to this year, but given other people’s experiences maybe I have been lucky...who knows?

My advice to anyone would be if something’s working for you stick with it!

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....so what what time doss the website change from 1st priority sales i.e yesterday....to the site being closed i.e before 9am this morning?

Around 7.45/7.50 usually 

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I logged in at 7.50 and got put straight to an hour long queue at 9. 

This is what seems random about it ...somewhere along the line some sort of refresh presumably has to happen for anyone looking at the 'website closed' screen to then access the following one?

What the process/software is thats then being used the formulate this online 'queue' is anyones guess, dependant on device?, search engine? luck? ...

8 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Assume you attended one then Pugin?

I attended the two at the stadium. 

9 minutes ago, Pugin said:

I attended the two at the stadium. 

Didn't realise multiple attendance was available, or required. 

But you have the reasons, figures / details direct from the horses mouth. 

Whilst I didn't agree with all that was said, I was pleased with the open, honest and upfront presentation Ben gave. 

Interested to see what the new system is, which Ben said would be announced in Jan with Season ticket prices. 

8 hours ago, StealthComic said:

Went on at 9:15, had to wait, got in to the site at 10 to find they'd completely sold out. Ridiculous really. 

Ridiculous how? People who logged in earlier than you got tickets, there was a queue but you joined too late. That’s how queues work.

• Haha 1

The second one was the 'final consultation meeting', which was arranged after earlier feedback had been assimilated. 

9 hours ago, Greavsy said:

FTW, did you attend any of the forums the club ran to Express your views, and for the club to explain their process?

I didn't. Had heard from a friend who went that Kensell was very apologetic and anxious to hear people's grievances. Still doesn't give me my £50 back, though, which is a fair amount of money to me at this moment in time.

4 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I didn't. Had heard from a friend who went that Kensell was very apologetic and anxious to hear people's grievances. Still doesn't give me my £50 back, though, which is a fair amount of money to me at this moment in time.

But you spent the £50 knowing there were no guarantees on tickets. Was your free choice. It was agreed by all that the system was poor, and Ben said at the meeting that he apologised for how it was announced etc, but not for charging fans the £50 as he is tasked with bringing in revenue.

Genuinely dont mean this personally but if £50 is 'a fair amount of money to you at this moment in time' surely spending more money on the actual tickets is not a good move? 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

But you spent the £50 knowing there were no guarantees on tickets. Was your free choice. It was agreed by all that the system was poor, and Ben said at the meeting that he apologised for how it was announced etc, but not for charging fans the £50 as he is tasked with bringing in revenue.

Genuinely dont mean this personally but if £50 is 'a fair amount of money to you at this moment in time' surely spending more money on the actual tickets is not a good move? 

No, it's not... and neither was spending the £50 in the first place. Wife and I bought each other Leicester away tickets for Christmas, because we desperately want to be a part of it despite the other things we've had to sacrifice.

My only point is that my wife and I both paid £50 up front when we really couldn't afford to comfortably, because we desperately wanted to be part of this season away from home. I'm just saying that a lot of loyal fans put money up front, some of whom I'm sure were in a difficult financial position as we were, and to see that system so hugely oversubscribed was really frustrating.

But hey, this is old ground, so let's look forward to how we can do it better next time.

Just a heads up for those travelling by train London Evening Out tickets are available £23 return. I bought tickets yesterday for 2pm going down and 11.30pm last train back.

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a heads up for those travelling by train London Evening Out tickets are available £23 return. I bought tickets yesterday for 2pm going down and 11.30pm last train back.

Can you get tube from Kings Cross right to White Hart Lane? - Assume this is still nearest tube station

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Can you get tube from Kings Cross right to White Hart Lane? - Assume this is still nearest tube station

White Hart Lane isn't a tube station- you need to go to Seven Sisters on the Victoria Line from Kings Cross then get an overground train from there.