Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Max Aarons 45mil

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think the club have already planned for relegation and player sales. Expect over £100M coming in, a new stand announced and modest purchases in the summer. The left over money will be put under the mattress until everyone forgets about it. 

...more improvements at Colney announced...

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think the club have already planned for relegation and player sales. Expect over £100M coming in, a new stand announced and modest purchases in the summer. The left over money will be put under the mattress until everyone forgets about it. 

Why would we do that?

When have we done that?

Maddison now being talked of as a £80m target for Man Utd so clearly £25m was not a fair price. Everyone I know thought it was desperation that we took £25m because without it we would have gone bust... Or it was magnificent planning by the owners.. sorry just to be on message....

If we were offered 45m for Aarons this window, I think the club would bite their hand off, brilliant player that he is. I don't want to see him go and if we're offered 20m I'd hope Webber wouldn't even bother to return the call, but 45m would change the complexion of this transfer window for us - It's probably not totally unrealistic in that scenario to suggest that half of that might be made available for new signings, plus we know there's a bit to spend already - We have Byram so wouldn't need to replace Aarons this window, and 25m wisely spent on the right players (namely competition for Pukki and a new CB) might give us a fighting chance of staying up. 
I doubt it will happen until the summer to be honest but wouldn't be quite so upset if that figure comes close to reality. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Why would we do that?

When have we done that?

I don't think we ever have. A lot of people still seem to think that we don't have to pay overheads, wages and numerous other outgoings.

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Maddison now being talked of as a £80m target for Man Utd so clearly £25m was not a fair price. Everyone I know thought it was desperation that we took £25m because without it we would have gone bust... Or it was magnificent planning by the owners.. sorry just to be on message....

It’s interesting that next-to-no one said it at the time - Maddison was untried in the PL and he’d barely been in the Eng u21 team when we sold him. We all know we needed ££ but the fee was a decent one with almost all of it up-front.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Depends how you look at it. We took a player that had never played above league 1 and had only played a handful of games there for £2.5 million and sold him for £25 million, increasing his value ten fold. Does that mean Coventry didn’t get a fair price? By performing at PL level and Leicester taking the  chance he could provide at that level their investment has also increased

Edited by JF

Don't understand why some people always want to knock back the club when it tries to put a price it wants for a certain player. If we want £45m for Max than that's the ballpark figure we will get. We shouldn't get out of bed for anything less than £30m, doesn't have to be fair, doesn't have to be reasonable. I'm sure Webber is quite capable of getting the best deal and at the end of the day there is no need to sell in January.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I don't think we ever have. A lot of people still seem to think that we don't have to pay overheads, wages and numerous other outgoings.

You obviously don't understand the rules Hermano, if we sell ,we sell too cheap, if we buy, we don't spend enough.  "Delia and Co" trouser  and scuttle off with every  spare penny. The rest of the Clubs outgoings are paid for  by one season ticket holders rather large  Scampi  habit. Do keep up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't understand why some people always want to knock back the club when it tries to put a price it wants for a certain player. If we want £45m for Max than that's the ballpark figure we will get. We shouldn't get out of bed for anything less than £30m, doesn't have to be fair, doesn't have to be reasonable. I'm sure Webber is quite capable of getting the best deal and at the end of the day there is no need to sell in January.

I believe there will be a £35m or £37m bid accepted this window with a loan back deal until May 2020. For Max or Ben. 

I suspect when there is a real bid for one of our stars (especially homegrown and this window) the club will negotiate hard. There is not a chance we will just let someone go and whilst we are on the subject Maddison went for the right price at that moment in time. He was recovering from injury, we had just had a poor season, he had never played PL etc etc.

The Murphys was an outstanding bit of business for us and we have generally sold well recently, due in part to Webber and McNasty. The only real last 'star' who left us cheaply was Keith O'Neil, who could have gone for 4 mil to Middlesbrough a season earlier. However due to fan demands (including myself) the club turned down the offer and received under a quarter of that price later.

I'm hoping the club will turn down offers this window with a promise to such stars that if we are relegated, and the right offer comes in at the end of the campaign, they can go then..

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I believe there will be a £35m or £37m bid accepted this window with a loan back deal until May 2020. For Max or Ben. 

That’s not permitted in PL rules I believe 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The admiration for our owners is astounding.

Equalled by the scorn.

28 minutes ago, JF said:

That’s not permitted in PL rules I believe 

Is that so? Didn't know that. In which case I imagine one deal may just be agreed then for the summer. We should know by the end of January if we are definitely going to be relegated if we don't secure the wins we desperately need.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Is that so? Didn't know that. In which case I imagine one deal may just be agreed then for the summer. We should know by the end of January if we are definitely going to be relegated if we don't secure the wins we desperately need.

Found this on the PL loan rules webpage 

- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

58 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You obviously don't understand the rules Hermano, if we sell ,we sell too cheap, if we buy, we don't spend enough.  "Delia and Co" trouser  and scuttle off with every  spare penny. The rest of the Clubs outgoings are paid for  by one season ticket holders rather large  Scampi  habit. Do keep up.

Gob: Brother? Hermano means brother? Well, sounds like Hermano is about to get his ask kicked.

56 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Don’t think so, you can’t do that

If Man Utd thought at the time we sold him he was worth even £30M they could have saved themselves the odd £50m. They didn’t ask yourselves why ?

Pukki was free we didn’t pay enough.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Please can people stop posting this. Such deals are no longer allowed in the Premier League. 

10 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Please can people stop posting this. Such deals are no longer allowed in the Premier League. 

Yes, I stated so that I was unaware this was allowed in a post an hour ago Thirsty. It was my apology in responding to JF about this.

If we do stay up it will just mean we delay those players leaving to top six clubs by a year. We would be in Southampton territory, constantly selling and refreshing the team with new talent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The admiration for our owners is astounding.

There's a difference between admiration and calling out people who lie about Delia "pocketing money" or "hiding it under the sofa" or whatever similar line posters want to use.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

There's a difference between admiration and calling out people who lie about Delia "pocketing money" or "hiding it under the sofa" or whatever similar line posters want to use.

The mattress. Never accused Delia of pocketing any money actually. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The mattress. Never accused Delia of pocketing any money actually. 

I didn't say you have. But others have done in the past; that tends to be what sensible fans refute.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Yes, I stated so that I was unaware this was allowed in a post an hour ago Thirsty. It was my apology in responding to JF about this.

Sorry sonyc. My computer is running slower than Luke Chambers today and when I made my post,  half the page (the bit where you'd already responded) wasn't showing. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s interesting that next-to-no one said it at the time - Maddison was untried in the PL and he’d barely been in the Eng u21 team when we sold him. We all know we needed ££ but the fee was a decent one with almost all of it up-front.

Yes they were.  He had scored half our goals...most assists in the league etc. Always from the minute they accepted it thought it was far to cheap. Grealish at Villa was being talked about at £50m and Maddison was a far better player. It was too cheap.