Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Your best NCFC memory of the decade

What is your best NCFC memory of the decade?

Being a goal? Game? Signing? Anything NCFC Related.

For me personally it was Wembley.

Happy new year to you all.

Wembley was special. It wasn't that long after my mum had passed away so it had that extra something.

Driving up to Norwich just to be part of the winners parade was memorable.

And my still my favourite City photo (not the most important win but still.....)

image.png.eef8743a01c65b282a3d227f0666d9f0.png

Edited by Herman
Smaller photo.
  • Like 1

Anyone who was there will say the 1-5 at Ipswich, not only the best night of the decade, the best night of my supporting life! 

So many to choose from.

Wembley, Play off semi final. The atmosphere when we beat Millwall last season, and when we equalised against Forest.

Let’s be honest about it, for all the moaning about the club that gets done on here, which is fine, it’s what a football forum is for to blow of steam. But We’ve had so many great moments over the last decade that the question should really be your top 10 moments of the last decade? If I had to nail it down to one then the Wembley final

Edited by JF

There have been numerous this decade.

The Derby 3-2, the Wembley final with my Dad (Never thought I'd get to see City play at Wembley growing up, let alone win there), The home leg of playoffs against the scum, Forest 3-3 last boxing day.

Driving 3.5 hours each way to Norwich for the promotion parade last year and then getting lucky with checking out to make my way to City hall at exactly the same time the players were arriving at the ground before getting on the bus so getting to thank many of them in person for all they accomplished last season. Seeing Simon Thomas and his lad getting photos with the bus at the ground too after all they've been through was particularly poignant.

Sponsoring the match ball against Sheff Weds at home last season and watching from Directors Box, and getting on the pitch with Mario minutes after he'd smashed that all important equaliser.

It's been a hell of a decade.

For me, it's a tie between 3 and I couldn't possibly pick between them. Scum playoff semi-final and Wembley with my Dad were special days that will live long in the memory and Sheffield Wednesday away last season when we thrashed them and I absolutely knew we were going up as champions (I genuinely called it that day) but moreover that we had our club back in a way we hadn't since Lambert.

Edited by kick it off

1 hour ago, Ren said:

Anyone who was there will say the 1-5 at Ipswich, not only the best night of the decade, the best night of my supporting life! 

Absolutely.

• Like 2

3-2 Derby Simeon Jackson probably but we have been truly blessed. Wembley was amazing and... uncharacteristically routine, shall we say. Never forget the first goal Holt scored against Ipswich “he hustled and bustled and harried O’Dea” it was at that moment I knew us and Ipswich were going to part ways. It was our decade 

Despite living in NZ and missing entire seasons, I was at Portsmouth to see us promoted, saw us win at Tottenham and Man City,  the 3-2 against Derby and saw 2 strikers score hat-tricks in the same game against Scunthorpe. 

Far from dull......

Oh, and happy new year!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

In terms of whole decades then it must be the best in my 60 years. The early 90s were breathtaking but the latter 90s were not. For me the Sheff Wed equaliser by Mario. It had a season-defining quality. Wembley was wonderful, actually masterful and oddly therefore, less dramatic.  So many happy memories from this wonderful community club.

Wembley  for me, it never  seemed at any point in the game that we would lose,  we had .momentum, self belief, and a ruthless  team. It played out so well.  2 quick goals,   control the game, job done.

6 hours ago, JF said:

Let’s be honest about it, for all the moaning about the club that gets done on here, which is fine, it’s what a football forum is for, to blow of steam. But We’ve had so many great moments over the last decade that the question should really be your top 10 moments of the last decade? If I had to nail it down to one then the Wembley final

Totally agree, we have been spoilt in some ways as not many clubs have enjoyed as much success. Obviously all the games mentioned live long in the memory, but the whole of last season was magnificent and that Vrancic freekick equaliser right at the end of the Sheff Wed game to bring it to 2-2 and the manic celebration that followed I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

Many to mention, but Wembley is probably one of those generational moments for us so I'd have to put it there.

Honourable mention for Klose's equaliser against Ipswich. It was hardly our best moment against that lot this decade but I worked at a hotel in Suffolk at the time, one of two Norwich fans amongst a sea of Ipswich-supporting staff who made life very difficult for us for all of 2 minutes before OH NOOOOOO

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ren said:

Anyone of a certain vintage who saw Ipswich rip us apart in the 70's and 80's will agree with this. Best night ever 

Fantastic ten years. Hard to believe that some posters on here have moaned and wanted to be another club all the way through...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fantastic ten years. Hard to believe that some posters on here have moaned and wanted to be another club all the way through...

Not all the way through Nutty-they have been silent for the times when we have been doing well 😂

As others have said there are so many to choose from. I'll add another into the mix - the 3-2 win over Man City earlier this season - best atmosphere over a whole 90 minutes that I've ever seen at Carrow Road.

When the final whistle went to beat Man City 3-2,

Best atmosphere i've ever seen at Carrow Rd.

Half the squad out injured, playing against a Man City starting 11 costing 400 million.

What it's all about!

On 31/12/2019 at 09:36, Daz Sparks said:

So many to choose from.

Wembley, Play off semi final. The atmosphere when we beat Millwall last season, and when we equalised against Forest.

Yes - Forest equaliser & Wembley in terms of personal attendance.

Not directly a footballing moment but singing “We’re 3/4/5 - 1 down, who gives a [tup], we’re super Norwich and we’re staying  up” at the Etihad was a great fan moment, and summed up the spirit back then. We were right, too