Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

VAR officials for Palace...

Recommended Posts

I see that Jarred Gillett and Richard West are the VAR officials for our game against Palace. They will also be in charge of overseeing the Burnley v Villa game earlier in the day at 12:30pm so might be interesting to see how they fare there. But tellingly, this is what happened when Gillett last was in charge of VAR at a Palace game...
 

From Wikipedia -

‘On 27 October 2019 Gillett was the replay official that incorrectly ruled out Arsenal’s Sokratis Papastathopoulos's game winning goal against Crystal Palace.‘

 

Let’s hope he’s not got a soft spot for Palace, eh? ; )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well folks, don’t say I didn’t try to warn you about today’s VAR official, Jarred Gillett! - just look at his performance in the Burnley Villa game earlier! Shocking! And to think we’ve got this bloody idiot taking charge of our game later 😳

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

There you go. I feel done with football.

Like it or not, he was onside, what's your problem?

Stop being a victim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Like it or not, he was onside, what's your problem?

Stop being a victim. 

I hate VAR, but that was it doing what it was supposed to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Like it or not, he was onside, what's your problem?

Stop being a victim. 

So was Pukki.

Whats your problem? 
 

Stop being a condescending ****

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't got a problem with that goal. He was clearly onside. 

Doesn't make the equaliser any less difficult to take unfortunately. Again punished for our inability to put away our chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So was Pukki.

Whats your problem? 
 

Stop being a condescending ****

 

 

 

Onside and offside are what they are.

Wrong, maybe, down to individual opinion, which means nothing. But the rules are the same for everyone. 

Like it or not, VAR is doing it's job. 

I love that you said it always goes against us... What exactly? The rules?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Like it or not, he was onside, what's your problem?

Stop being a victim. 

 

I will as soon as you stop being a pr1ck 👍🏼
 

For the other posters on here, we only see the frame VAR wants us to see - which is convenient. A micro second earlier and Zimbo could well be playing him offside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

Haven't got a problem with that goal. He was clearly onside. 

Doesn't make the equaliser any less difficult to take unfortunately. Again punished for our inability to put away our chances. 

No, they stopped the video before Zaha kicked the ball. VAR made a clear mistake and dropped us points again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny that because onside and offside aren’t consistently applied. Nor is handball. Mings twice in 5 seconds including diving full stretch to block with his hand not given and then Zumba shoved into it and given.

every time it goes to VAR you know the outcome will be against us. Without fail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Like it or not, he was onside, what's your problem?

Stop being a victim. 

Agree.  VAR is a joke.  But can’t blame that today.  What’s evident is we haven’t strengthened and we’re running on empty. Amazing effort by the players and management team.  Amazing to think what we could have achieved this season if we’d taken a leaf out of Shef United book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexB said:

No, they stopped the video before Zaha kicked the ball. VAR made a clear mistake and dropped us points again

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Alex Moss said:

 

I will as soon as you stop being a pr1ck 👍🏼
 

For the other posters on here, we only see the frame VAR wants us to see - which is convenient. A micro second earlier and Zimbo could well be playing him offside. 

There is only 1 frame for an offside. The point the ball is played... That makes no sense.

That game, like many others, was extremely frustrating, but attacking fellow fans for pointing out that there isn't a VAR conspiracy against us is ludicrous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

There is only 1 frame for an offside. The point the ball is played... That makes no sense.

That game, like many others, was extremely frustrating, but attacking fellow fans for pointing out that there isn't a VAR conspiracy against us is ludicrous. 

Yes, but they paused at the WRONG frame, zaha hadnt kicked the ball yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

No, they stopped the video before Zaha kicked the ball. VAR made a clear mistake and dropped us points again

Good grief.

We're starting to sound like the victims of Leeds now. The world is against us...

We can't hold onto a lead, THAT'S our problem. Not conspiracies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

There is only 1 frame for an offside. The point the ball is played... That makes no sense.


They used the frame before it was played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

Good grief.

We're starting to sound like the victims of Leeds now. The world is against us...

We can't hold onto a lead, THAT'S our problem. Not conspiracies.

There’s no conspiracy, just a mistake from the official

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't clear apart from the frame they showed us. I believe the assistant flagged offside so it had to show there was an obvious error. And then it is depending on which frame. Until referees go and look at a monitor and view say 10 frames in stop start motion, then it is totally unreliable. I would think an average lawyer could get it reversed.

Still doesn't make up for the fact that we have only once gone two ahead this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR was meant to vastly reduce mistakes but is making different ones.  That is the long and short of it.  There’s no ‘conspiracy’ but we have been the victims of a not fit-for-purpose system yet again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

It isn’t the point the ball is played, though. VAR can’t tell that moment - so making line calls to the mm is farcical.

This, I’ve personally no idea how they decide at what frame of video the ball is played and when they are then making mm decisions based off of that frame it’s absolutely still subjective not scientifically accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They used the wrong frame against Spurs by the way - What point exactly is it adjudged to leave Mario's foot? When it's 5 yards clear of him?

 

This is the full picture of the frame used. ****ing joke.

 

Image

Edited by kick it off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the offside rule still state a player standing in an offside position - if so then it should be the position of the feet not the shoulder, ear or any other part of the body.

It would also be easier to draw a straight line across the pitch without the need for these vertical lines up to other parts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Great Drinkell said:

Does the offside rule still state a player standing in an offside position - if so then it should be the position of the feet not the shoulder, ear or any other part of the body.

No, the offside decision is to be made based on the part of the body that may be used to score off. So hands and arms don't count, but shoulder, head, torso, legs and feet count. Hence in this frame Pukki is called offside because his shoulder is ahead of the defender knee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Surfer said:

No, the offside decision is to be made based on the part of the body that may be used to score off. So hands and arms don't count, but shoulder, head, torso, legs and feet count. Hence in this frame Pukki is called offside because his shoulder is ahead of the defender knee. 

Even though it's clearly at least two frames too late and he would have been clearly on when it was played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

They used the wrong frame against Spurs by the way - What point exactly is it adjudged to leave Mario's foot? When it's 5 yards clear of him?

This is the full picture of the frame used. ****ing joke.

Image

Yes, agreed Kick It Off. There is a MAJOR flaw in the instructions apparently. The VAR referee instructions are apparently to use the first one where the ball has left the foot. But that also means it's not the point in time the ball is kicked. So how you can call ANY offsides based on that instruction is beyond me. 

Then to this specific example. You can see by the amount of blur that is on the ball that there must be at least one to two more frames between that one and when the ball was kicked, so a truly horrendous decision. 

Edited by Surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×