The Real Buh

So, can we do it? The great escape!

I've already contributed to this debate with my "9 Wins" thread. Tomorrow is the first of those 9 that I feel we simply have to achieve. Spurs was a nil pointer for me so already ahead!

Interestingly Farke today has outlined 10 wins. 

Of course we can survive ...

We aren't far off from winning matches (even against Champions League contenders) and we will only get better and better for the following reasons:

1. Farke is gaining more and more experience 

2. All our players are gaining more experience 

3. January MAY bring in a face or two that could give us an extra 10%

It's possible but not likely. Frustratingly there isn't a huge gap between top half clubs and bottom half in my opinion. The best side I've seen at Carrow Rd so far this this season is Norwich in terms of overall play. However the margin for error at this level is ridiculously tight and that's where we are failing, as well as shocking luck on VAR decisions.

Beat Palace and it's game on.

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

I'm genuinely trying not to respond but then you trump yourself and post something even more stupid than your previous post.

Not that LDC needs me to step in, but I must say, just because you don’t agree with him, doesn’t make it a ‘stupid’ comment.

What is rather hypocritical is assuming that LDC’s comment is ‘stupid’, while at the same time yours isn’t?

Both are equally viable perspectives of a situation that I find extremely exciting, although also tremendously nerve racking!

Strap in CDM and enjoy the ride! Up or down, I believe the boys have it in them to make one helluva run at it!

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

I think it's a long shot but not totally impossible.

20 games left but only 9 of those are home games so we really need to win 6 or 7 of those.

Add to that a couple of away wins and pick up a couple of draws somewhere and it is possible.

It's unlikely but I wouldn't rule it out.

Unfortunately we’ve played 20 games so there’s only 18 left.

Looks very unlikely we’ll do it but if we don’t let’s go down all guns blazin ‘

5 hours ago, CDMullins said:

I'm genuinely trying not to respond but then you trump yourself and post something even more stupid than your previous post.

Sorry, but it's true if you look at the table. Palace are nine points off the bottom three, and with 27 points they're not safe yet if they go on an awful run. Obviously Palace finishing 20th or Norwich finishing 9th isn't feasible, but I think the point is that anyone from 9th downwards could still get sucked into it (excluding Arsenal, obviously).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Not that LDC needs me to step in, but I must say, just because you don’t agree with him, doesn’t make it a ‘stupid’ comment.

What is rather hypocritical is assuming that LDC’s comment is ‘stupid’, while at the same time yours isn’t?

Both are equally viable perspectives of a situation that I find extremely exciting, although also tremendously nerve racking!

Strap in CDM and enjoy the ride! Up or down, I believe the boys have it in them to make one helluva run at it!

Likewise but 9th? 

Come on.

If you really think relation and finishing 9th are 'equally viable' prospects then I suggest you get your self over to Bet365 who are offering 250/1 on a top 10 finish.

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Sorry, but it's true if you look at the table. Palace are nine points off the bottom three, and with 27 points they're not safe yet if they go on an awful run. Obviously Palace finishing 20th or Norwich finishing 9th isn't feasible, but I think the point is that anyone from 9th downwards could still get sucked into it (excluding Arsenal, obviously).

You're right, but that's not what he said,

Baring in mind this is coming from a poster who tipped up 3rd pre-season.

Hope we don’t blame injuries alone if and when relegation comes calling. Palace are are decimated with the same problem tomorrow so no excuses if the desired result alludes us. 

18 games left . Getting to 38 points (may not be enough but hey) means  25 more points at 1.4 pts per game . 

Teams currently on 1.4 pts per game are 8th (Sheff Utd) 

To move from bottom of the league form to 8th form.

Cat in hells I’m  afraid . 

I don’t think Lakey is suggesting we might still finish 9th, I read that as any team from 9th downwards could still feasibly end up in the relegation dogfight, which is true. Just how I took his comment anyway.

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:
2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

You're right, but that's not what he said,

Yes it was. You read what you wanted to read into my post, rather than treat it at face value.  At this stage, given our position, getting into the pack and making a fight of it to stay up is the best we can hope for and just getting as many points as possible and see where it gets us. Having not done what I said was feasible at the start of the season (and which Sheff Utd are on course for incidentally) due to injuries, players adapting and the wretched VAR, getting as high as possible is still the aim, so I wouldn't quantify where we can now finish, but obviously, anything above the bottom three would be brilliant.