Alex Moss

Norwich v Palace predictions

Just something a little different to VAR, your predictions against Palace.

I’m going to say 2-1 to us. I cannot believe Buendía has yet to score, and with his massively improved performances you have to say that a goal for our little Argentinian wizard must surely arrive sooner than later. In fact there’s part of me that really fancies 3-1 and a buoyed Carrow Rd, but I’ll stick with 2-1 and a change in our fortunes following the spark against Spurs. Some of our rivals have tough games so all being well we’ll get ourselves back closer to the mix before we play the inconsistent Man Utd who I again fancy us to get something from.

Saha for them, a goal each from the in-form duo of Emi and Todd. Pukki to be disallowed another by VOR (Video Overruling Referee) because 4 days extra beard growth. 

• Like 1

With the history both clubs have with it VAR is almost inevitable 

I believe we will win. It will be tight. 2-1 city

We have both been subjected to outrageous VAR decisions. We will both be given in our favour an outrageous decision so they can argue that ‘ se it works both ways ‘

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I am expecting us to give somebody a bit of a tonking soon, this could be the one 4-1

Yes, I’ve also had a feeling our fine attacking play will merit more than a goal or 2 before long, it does feel like it’s coming and this could be it.

Without turning this into another VAR thread, I would love to be able to revisit a parallel universe and see what would have happened at Carrow Rd on Saturday night had we gone 2 up, I really feel we’d have had another before half time with the mood we were in and a 2 goal cushion to settle the players and supporters nerves.

• Like 1

We will want to put right the injustice (now which one was that?...hmmmmm) so I think we will score goals and score early too. 3-0 (with perhaps a very late consolation for Palace). 

Just dont know what to think anymore....only in the last 6 games or so we've played Arsenal,Sheff Utd,Leicester,Wolves,Villa and Spurs off the park in either most or all of the game...but have a total of 3 points from these 6 fixtures to show for it.

We're playing some of the best football i've seen us play in the top flight of english football since the 92-94 era and its hard to imagine us playing better than we have in the last few games (Southampton away aside)...but its still not quite enough to get wins, be it poor finishing, inability to defend set pieces or VAR our downfall.

I dont doubt we'll put on a good show...but have a lingering suspicion a combination of the above with deny us the win once more.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Norwich to win, Emi to score (and get booked!)

The poster known only as PUPanon has given me a tenner to back some of these suggestions for Ray's Funds. 

Let's have some more...

We will play poorly but scrape a 1-0 win with an 89th minute winner trickling in after rebounding off Hanley’s a*se.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Buendia has to score sometime, surely?!

Love to see that. Beat a couple on edge of box and top corner. Hopefully while still in yella n green. 

13 hours ago, Chumino said:

Love to see that. Beat a couple on edge of box and top corner. Hopefully while still in yella n green. 

it is not just Buendia. We haven't had a league goal from Aarons, Byram, Godfrey, Hanley, Lewis, Trybull, Stiepermann or Zimmermann! Perhaps today is the day for at least one of them...

On 31/12/2019 at 07:25, Surfer said:

In my bones I feel a let down coming. 1-2 

I will be delighted to be wrong. 

You want to get some new bones buddy!!

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

it is not just Buendia. We haven't had a league goal from Aarons, Byram, Godfrey, Hanley, Lewis, Trybull, Stiepermann or Zimmermann! Perhaps today is the day for at least one of them...

True. We had many making contributions last season. Its partly the higher standard in the PL denying us but equally we need to be that fraction more clinical with the chances we do get. 

The type of team that causes us real problems. I'd be more confident going into a game against a top 6 team than Palace because of their strengths v our weakness'. I can see us totally dominating in every aspect but losing or drawing because of a couple of fast counters, set piece goals, poor refereeing decisions or penalties. 

Heart says 2-1 win, head says a very frustrating 2-1 loss with us feeling very hard done by again. 

The key today is getting in front early and taking our half chances, we cannot be chasing the game or playing a high line against this team for extended period or they will punish us.

Thanks all. I hope I got most of it covered.....

Norwich 3-1

£1 Bill Hill

22/1

£23.00

Emi to score

£1 Bill Hill

24/5

£5.80

Todd to score

£1 Bet 365

13/5

£3.60

Norwich 2-1

£1 Bill Hill

10/1

£11.00

Norwich 4-1

£1 Bill Hill

60/1

£61.00

Norwich 3-0

£1 Bet 365

25/1

£26.00

2-2 draw

£1 Bill Hill

16/1

£17.00

Emi yellow card

£1 Bet 365

4/1

£5.00

Norwich 1-0

£1 Bill Hill

15/2

£8.50

Pukki 2 or more

£1 Bet 365

7/1

£8.00

And we have PUPanons insurance of...

Norwich to lose

£2 Bill Hill

11/5

£6.40

Draw

£1 Bet 365

12/5

£3.40

Good luck all. Let's hope we strike lucky to add to the pot for our wonderful DS boys and girls🍀

1957741932_presentation2019.thumb.jpg.e897908b6241833f887124a4eaf093c9.jpg

Is there a Nellie Dean today  ... my usual seem a bit fcuked?

Edit\:

Oh 5.30 ko forget my usual stupidity

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

My prediction is it's not going to be pretty. 1-1 draw.

You were correct. Palace exactly the kind of team we do not beat. Although as usual we could have scored more, we didn't. 

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

My prediction is it's not going to be pretty. 1-1 draw.

Just to late Capt. But we did add £7 to the pot so thanks everyone👍

877176671_Signaturetotals1stJan.jpg.263fe1f6d8fa78270bbb2bfa1bd87054.jpg