Sign in to follow this  
mccanary

Spurs at Dunston.....disgraceful!

We stayed at dunston Saturday and on arrival found quite a few young kids and dads waiting to see spurs leave. On chatting with some of them it appears they were from London and hoped to get close to the players , possibly even get a selfie or autographs. 

Spurs team left by the rear entrance..........that's how important these young fans are to them. 

There were also stories that members of the team/club had gatecrashed private events on the Friday night. Staff we spoke to were disgusted with the attitude and general behaviour of the club whilst they were there.

1 minute ago, mccanary said:

We stayed at dunston Saturday and on arrival found quite a few young kids and dads waiting to see spurs leave. On chatting with some of them it appears they were from London and hoped to get close to the players , possibly even get a selfie or autographs. 

Spurs team left by the rear entrance..........that's how important these young fans are to them. 

There were also stories that members of the team/club had gatecrashed private events on the Friday night. Staff we spoke to were disgusted with the attitude and general behaviour of the club whilst they were there.

Is there VAR evidence ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Is there VAR evidence ?

Genius!!

Edited by mccanary
Not sure why that happened!!

57 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hardly rock star hotel trashing this.

Can't believe a private function wouldn't welcome them in once they realised who they were.

Perhaps Jose's superstitious about not using the front door ?

Who cares ?

Are you suggesting  that Jose is a back door man on regular basis? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Are you suggesting  that Jose is a back door man on regular basis? 

Spurs do seem to have been very loose at the back since he took over..........

2 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Spurs do seem to have been very loose at the back since he took over..........

Now that is a problem, well drilled and loose .

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Can't believe a private function wouldn't welcome them in once they realised who they were.

Who cares ?

The thing is, I find it 99.9% more probable that those hosting their seasonal parties would want to rub shoulders with Premier League footballers, so you can bet your life that they were invited, if not begged, by guests to join them!

Not buying those rumours at all. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:
2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Who cares ?

The thing is, I find it 99.9% more probable that those hosting their seasonal parties would want to rub shoulders with Premier League footballers, so you can bet your life that they were invited, if not begged, by guests to join them!

Not buying those rumours at all. 

Seriously?  I must be one of  of those .01% then. If I was at a private function, the last thing I would want is a group of footballers there. If they were Norwich players, that would be different, but Spurs players? Forget it, couldn't care less about other teams' players, unless it was someone like Maddison or Rhodes with affiliation to Norwich.

“There’s some football players staying at the hotel tonight, would you like them to join you?”

”oh nice, is it norwich?”

”no sir, it’s the Tottenham squad”

”lock the doors and call the police, now”

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

Seriously?  I must be one of  of those .01% then. If I was at a private function, the last thing I would want is a group of footballers there. If they were Norwich players, that would be different, but Spurs players? Forget it, couldn't care less about other teams' players, unless it was someone like Maddison or Rhodes with affiliation to Norwich.

Seriously? You do realise not everyone that stays at Dunston Hall is a dribbling Norwich supporter, don’t you?

We’re not talking about whether you were there, we’re talking about the folk whom were there, and whether they want to hang around with Harry Kane and other members of the ENGLAND team would surely be up to them!

And to add to that, any Norwich supporter attending said parties whom didn’t invite every member of the Spurs team in, for ‘just a small glass of scotch’ 21 hours prior to our match, should be shot for obvious reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:
7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Seriously? You do realise not everyone that stays at Dunston Hall is a dribbling Norwich supporter, don’t you?

We’re not talking about whether you were there, we’re talking about the folk whom were there, and whether they want to hang around with Harry Kane and other members of the ENGLAND team would surely be up to them!

Just saying what I wouldn't want, I'm not talking for anyone else.  Couldn't care less if they were England players either...I guess I'm beyond hero worshipping people who earn lots of money unless I have some reason to.  Would love to meet Norwich players, but Spurs player or for that matter England players.......meh.

The only way LDC is getting an invite to that party is as an after dinner lecturer...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just saying what I wouldn't want, I'm not talking for anyone else.  Couldn't care less if they were England players either...I guess I'm beyond hero worshipping people who earn lots of money unless I have some reason to.  Would love to meet Norwich players, but Spurs player or for that matter England players.......meh.

By you approaching with ‘Seriously?’, makes it sound like you’re actually shocked that the general public wouldn’t mind having a drink with some well known footballers? It’s not for everyone such as yourself, granted, and the ridiculous celebrity culture, but I think you’ll find the vast majority of blokes and hopeful WAGS would probably enjoy chewing the fat about football in a more relaxed setting with some actual pros. Harry Kane always talks like he’s had 17 Drambuie’s anyway - so for that reason alone I’d love to actually hear him after 17 Drambuie’s 🍼

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It was just the 99.99% I was querying 🙃

A loose term that’s long been used for ‘the vast majority’, which you know 👍🏼

51 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You're used to being in the 0.01, like all the time.

Edited by CDMullins

12 minutes ago, CDMullins said:
43 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Your used to being in the 0.01, like all the time.

Maybe, but I'd rather be true to myself, if I can.

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

The thing is, I find it 99.9% more probable that those hosting their seasonal parties ....

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Seriously?  I must be one of  of those .01% then. 

What do you think the other .09% would like to do 🤓

This is more about the contempt shown to young fans by the spurs team than the gatecrashing. 

And it's not rumour........I was there.!