Sign in to follow this  
my_left_foot

What a surprise and it is all downhill from here

Ashton gone - one of our best players and young with it.  Surprise, Surprise - maybe Greeno already knew hence his reaction at end yesterday, or is he off to?  I notice we were keen to put the usual spin on it about the players aspirations - shame we haven''t got any as a club.  The main cause of our being where we are today still sits there comfortably thinking, hey I have had loads of chances to get it right and I am going to get yet more, what a cracking job this is!Worthy to have a few million to spend - what a scenario with his track record.  Can''t wait to see who he signs - could look to bring Carlton Palmer out of retirement and pay £500K for him.  Many seasomed pro''s and has beens must be rubbing their hands with glee with the prospect of picking up a big salary and being put out to pasture at NCFC sanctuary for useless idiots.  If you are "big" or can run around a lot, you are in.  Passing not required though, so those who can pass and create need not worry.The Board have got this seriously wrong.  Always a selling club, no ambition - prudence my "a**e". We must be in real financial trouble and they are already worrying about prospect of income next year and are too damn stubborn to admit they were wrong and should have got rid of Worthless months ago.  Whilst he and his coaching croanies are there, we will go nowhere but backwards - hell, we are stuck with a number of useless idiots already, let alone adding to them.Defeat at home to the binners beckons.  Do you think the 25,000 who venture week in, week out will continue to stand for that.  Are we really all going to carry on putting up with it and stroll out of  Carrow Road having lost/played rubbish, shaking our heads saying "oh well,  there we go, never mind".   I suspect there may be something more of an outbreak of outrage than we have seen since the days of Chase.A pivotal moment possibly - the Board is moving in extremely choppy and difficult waters.  Wrong decisions now could spell many years of mediocrity and financial difficulty for the club.  My season ticket renewal will definitely be on hold. 

Beautifully put Left Foot

However, I will be renewing my ticket, cos despite having paid for the dross seen so far this year, in my heart of hearts I still believe that the writing is now on the wall re our "management" team and the end of the season the board will dispose of the Worthington gang.  Money now there if needed.  I don''t think we will see a lot spent, but a lot squirrelled away for a "rainy day".  Or payoff.  Whatever you want to call it.

I want to see better, I want to see football.  But we have to wait until the penny drops for Delia.  That said, the atmosphere between now and the end of the summer is going to be pretty dire and non existant.  I know there are people on here and elsewhere who still advocate keeping Worthy at the club and can see nothing wrong with selling Ashton.  Great, if you want a life in this division forever, but I don''t.  I want to see us playing slick passing football and winning.  Maybe this is a crazy fantasy, but I shall persist with it.  Delia and co need to look to the future and what happens should we not get promoted within the next couple of years.  If they are really content with staying as we are now, they won''t change things.  Interesting, if not so happy times ahead.