Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
vos

Standing Up in the Regency Stand

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This was my view for most of the Leicester match:

 

 

23AF439D-22A4-4349-898E-2B82401575B9.jpeg
 

Anybody on here recognise the back of their head?

The most annoying thing about that is the shiny bit on his bald head,  I'd find it very hard to look at anything else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in your situation vos you can do no more than ask the stewards for assistance before the game (at least you will made them aware). However, 100 supporters standing occasionally is going to be difficult to manage in that area, and unlikely to stop unless its persistent.

If I were you I would have a good look at areas near you where they do not stand so regularly and when the 'movers and shakers' part of the pre season is upon us you could ask for a move into that area. 

I can guarantee there will be availability to move then but you may have to wait. If relegated you will be able to have a choice of half that stand.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

The most annoying thing about that is the shiny bit on his bald head,  I'd find it very hard to look at anything else. 

We were both at the end of a row by stairs, so he was on a step. It was easy enough to stand to one side, until it got colder and he then started constantly shifting from one foot to the other. 😡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

We were both at the end of a row by stairs, so he was on a step. It was easy enough to stand to one side, until it got colder and he then started constantly shifting from one foot to the other. 😡

Then that shiny thing would be extra hypnotic, swinging from side to side.  Was it nuno espirito  Santo on a scouting trip?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical NFN Norwich fan. Unfortunately Carrow Road has always been 95% full of them. Which is why the atmosphere has always been so dull. Anyone else cringe when the oppo have a penalty in front of the River end and about five fans stand up waving their arms whilst the rest of the NFN's sit in silence? Honestly i just imagine fans up and down the country laughing at the scene wondering what the hell is wrong with Norwich supporters. Message to Vos and the rest of the NFN's, it ain't the opera, it's football. Get. A. Life. 

All the best, Keith. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

How ridiculous to expect to be able to sit throughout an all seater event. 
The ballet will never be the same again.

Well they usually do. Of course there is nothing wrong in standing when a goal is scored and showing your enthusiasm. An example of the point I am trying to make is when Pukki broke thro on the edge of the box against Wolves, more and more gradually stood up, there was a lot of shouting sit down, sit down. Some were polite and remained seated, because of the people behind them. In the end a complete shambles. Very very simple - stay seated. By the way, I have never been to, or likely to go to, a ballet.

As to Hogesar comments. I cannot recall the rules are different depending upon which part of the Ground you sit. As to the Lower Barclay, well if they all want to stand, fair enough. But it has to be one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Typical NFN Norwich fan. Unfortunately Carrow Road has always been 95% full of them. Which is why the atmosphere has always been so dull. Anyone else cringe when the oppo have a penalty in front of the River end and about five fans stand up waving their arms whilst the rest of the NFN's sit in silence? Honestly i just imagine fans up and down the country laughing at the scene wondering what the hell is wrong with Norwich supporters. Message to Vos and the rest of the NFN's, it ain't the opera, it's football. Get. A. Life. 

All the best, Keith. 

Perfectly put! Football hierarchy are intent on sanitising the game, let’s not, as fans, go down the same route. 
 

either:

1) move seats

2) stand

3) stay at home and watch it on amazon something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

This was my view for most of the Leicester match:

 

 

23AF439D-22A4-4349-898E-2B82401575B9.jpeg
 

Anybody on here recognise the back of their head?

Yes, I think it’s Dave Bautista 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t we have all this a couple of seasons ago when one bloke in the lower Barclay moaned so the club threatened to shut block A or something ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

> hundreds of people stand up during an exciting moment

>one person doesnt

”CleARlY EvEryONe ElsE iS aT FAuLT HeRE”

I said in excess of a hundred or put it another way about 1% of the capacity of the River End. So I am part of the 99% who would prefer to try to stick to the rules and not be selfish and respect other supporters sitting behind me. As the guys who sit in front of me will quickly testify I get excited enough without the need to stand up. And yes, I am quickly on my feet - WHEN WE SCORE. Surely the point many of you are missing is not that hundreds suddenly stand up when it gets close to the goal and exciting, its merely a case of a selfish few at the front jump up and those behind have no option but to follow. Anyway on Wed I will take the majority advice on this thread and hopefully I will return home in one piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vos said:

I said in excess of a hundred or put it another way about 1% of the capacity of the River End. So I am part of the 99% who would prefer to try to stick to the rules and not be selfish and respect other supporters sitting behind me. As the guys who sit in front of me will quickly testify I get excited enough without the need to stand up. And yes, I am quickly on my feet - WHEN WE SCORE. Surely the point many of you are missing is not that hundreds suddenly stand up when it gets close to the goal and exciting, its merely a case of a selfish few at the front jump up and those behind have no option but to follow. Anyway on Wed I will take the majority advice on this thread and hopefully I will return home in one piece.

This isn’t directed at you but just a general comment

 

Can we all stop grassing eachother up? Please? It’s not first school. Sick of the “I’m going to tell on you” culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ricardo said:

All seats should have an automatic restraining bar to prevent standing while the game is in progress. If in need of a comfort break you should raise your hand and await a stewards instructions.

Could cut out the middle man and just enclose a year’s supply of pads with the season ticket renewal  pack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless you VOS

Come in the blankets with me. You'll be fine unless the gotta beat the traffic brigade decide to watch the last 5 minutes standing in front of you.

But remember to bring your galoshes when the weather's inclement..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

This was my view for most of the Leicester match:

 

 

23AF439D-22A4-4349-898E-2B82401575B9.jpeg
 

Anybody on here recognise the back of their head?

God forbid anyone stands up at an AWAY GAME!!!

the world's gone nuts 

football is all about passion, energy, euphoria...... as others have said, it's not the ballet! 

OTBC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, King of spain said:

God forbid anyone stands up at an AWAY GAME!!!

the world's gone nuts 

football is all about passion, energy, euphoria...... as others have said, it's not the ballet! 

OTBC 

Did I say no-one should stand up? Do you see the guy to his right? He’s in the seat next to him. But for some reason this guy decides to stand on a step raising himself higher than everyone else in his row. Hence why I posted the picture, empathising with the OP, to an extent.

 

 Did I ask the guy in front of me to sit down? No. Was I (and everyone around me) standing up? Yes. Do I stand up at every game I go to? If I can, yes.
 

Do I behave considerately to those around me? I hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Bless you VOS

Come in the blankets with me. You'll be fine unless the gotta beat the traffic brigade decide to watch the last 5 minutes standing in front of you.

But remember to bring your galoshes when the weather's inclement..

Thanks Nutty. Happy New year. Looking at the replies it appears that rather sadly the moral of the story is "I'm Alright Jack - Sod the Rest"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vos said:

Thanks Nutty. Happy New year. Looking at the replies it appears that rather sadly the moral of the story is "I'm Alright Jack - Sod the Rest"

 

No it’s not. It’s accept you’re at a football match or move your seat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No it’s not. It’s accept you’re at a football match or move your seat

I have to agree with you here, sorry Vos. As I said before, I'm in the very back row so I'll never have the problem of getting in someone else's way, but football is an exciting, dynamic and unpredictable sporting event that evokes spontaneity and emotion in people. People are going to stand up at exciting moments in the match, that's just the way of it.

If you have a genuine mobility problem that prevents you from standing, I'm sure the club would be able to find you a seat that will improve your viewing experience. If there is a person or group of people who are persistently standing against the wishes of a large number of people, make your collective voices heard and/or get the stewards involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feedthewolf. I have no quarrel with your first paragraph and I can stand the whole of the match if I want to. The point I am trying to get over is that we all sit or all stand. Otherwise every time an attack develops you are left wondering shall I stand up yet or delay, and in my case being conscious of those behind me. Most of the supporters around me would prefer to remain in their seats and are continually shouting sit down, sit down. So being a case that in this part of the Regency stand we do not abide by "the rules" basically because the stewards cannot be bothered. I will canvas a few opinions on Wed and see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vos said:

Feedthewolf. I have no quarrel with your first paragraph and I can stand the whole of the match if I want to. The point I am trying to get over is that we all sit or all stand. Otherwise every time an attack develops you are left wondering shall I stand up yet or delay, and in my case being conscious of those behind me. Most of the supporters around me would prefer to remain in their seats and are continually shouting sit down, sit down. So being a case that in this part of the Regency stand we do not abide by "the rules" basically because the stewards cannot be bothered. I will canvas a few opinions on Wed and see how it goes.

I guess my views are clouded by the fact I never have to worry about annoying people behind me. To be honest, though, in 30+ years of sitting in loads of different places in the ground, I've never even considered this as a problem.

Still, hope it gets resolved amicably. Most people are reasonable enough to find some middle ground.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×