Sign in to follow this  
0King Juan of SpainddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

"West Ham are a big club" - Deano

Which is what we could have been if we''d shown a little less prudence and a touch more ambition in our summer signings. West Ham are nothing right now. Do you think he would have gone if we were top of the league? I very much doubt it. If we sign good players now and build a good strong squad over the next 6 months, adding a little bit in the summer, we can walk this division next year (cos we''ll still be in it, let''s face it). Let''s get real, rebuild and become the big club we really think we are.

This whole sorry saga ("we have money, no we don''t, Ashton''s going nowhere, we don''t need to sell, now we do etc etc") has a whiff of Chase about it, and it doesn''t smell nice.

We will NEVER be a big club whilst these muppets are in charge. WHERE is the ambition? TAKE A BLOODY RISK! But oh no, we wasted our Premiership opportunity, unlike the likes of West Ham who are grasping it with both hands. We now have to accept that we will always be stuck in this league, or worse. Which no doubt people like Dicky/Squit are pleased with...

Worthy Out

And take your bloody cook and puppet Doncaster with you.

I agree with u about how we wasted our premiership chance, but don''t insulte delia she has put money into the football club not as an investment, but because she loves it and wants it to succeed, but the rest i agree with you we didn''t take a risk and we are still selling our best players which is what we would have done if we had of splashed the cash, in the end maybe we shouldn''t have been promoted as we got used to being in the lower leagues and now we have got to get used to rotting in this league again. Oh well future bright hey?

West ham are a bigger club than Norwich City. That is an indisputable fact based on history recent and long term. Come on .. the move was an inevitable consequence of relegation at least he is not at Wigan, Birmingham or West Brom. Deano deserves Premiership football and we should be delighted he stayed over the summer. What''s important is to make sure this money is spent properly. Earnshaw???

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]West ham are a bigger club than Norwich City. That is an indisputable fact based on history recent and long term. Come on .. the move was an inevitable consequence of relegation at least he is not at Wigan, Birmingham or West Brom. Deano deserves Premiership football and we should be delighted he stayed over the summer. What''s important is to make sure this money is spent properly. Earnshaw???[/quote]

Thank god he isn''t at Wigan. Paul Jewell had the sense to realise he wasn''t worth that much money!

The only reason Ashton has gone to West Ham is because that''s the only club prepared to pay ''silly'' money for him. No other premiership clubs wanted him at that price.

I would tend to agree with you WW if it looked like Wigan were interested in a talented striker. Having gone for Neil Mellor I think we can all see what Wigan were prepared to pay. Although I like Paul Jewell I suspect, come the end of next season, Wigan will be on their way back down to the Championship. The chairman''s money will extend just so far. You do not have the support level to sustain what has been a good first effort.

[quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]West ham are a bigger club than Norwich City. That is an indisputable fact based on history recent and long term. Come on .. the move was an inevitable consequence of relegation at least he is not at Wigan, Birmingham or West Brom. Deano deserves Premiership football and we should be delighted he stayed over the summer. What''s important is to make sure this money is spent properly. Earnshaw???[/quote]

Thank god he isn''t at Wigan. Paul Jewell had the sense to realise he wasn''t worth that much money!

The only reason Ashton has gone to West Ham is because that''s the only club prepared to pay ''silly'' money for him. No other premiership clubs wanted him at that price.

[/quote]

he didnt want to go to wigan as he wanted to play in front of a crowd, not 6 or 7 supporters, 

The facts are patently that West Ham are a bigger club than we are both in terms of support and financial clout - does anyone really think that we will, in the foreseeable future, ever be in a position to bid £7m for any player?  No - and it would take 3-4 years (or more) of Prem stability to be able to - and even then there are many sides such as Bolton and Charlton who I can''t ever see being in a position to spend that big too often, if ever....particularly for a player who is not showing great form and is currently injured!

Personally I think it is a shame that he''s gone, but can see there are benefits; £4m profit in a season being one of them.  The fact is that he has played the majority of this season and it was clear that he was not firing fully - be that because of the side being poor or him off form is largely a moot point - and he clearly looks like an injury waiting to happen what with all the stretching and treatment during the games.  The fact that this is the case suggests that relying onhim to ''fire us into the playoffs'' as we''d all hoped, was unlikely.  We are now in a position where we have the best part of £6m to get players in to hopefully kick things on. 

OK some may say it is too late but whilst I''d have love to have kept him, we could yet be better off with 3 decent £1.5m-£2.5m players in our side than Deano, sad but true.

Why do you all go on all the time about our support! Considering where we have come from in last 20 years and all the other clubs in our area then we are doing ok. Year on year our gates are going up and a sustained period in the top flight will help.

Neil Mellor scored yesterday and helped set up two goals. He did more in 1 game than Ashton has done all season. I am happy with Paul Jewell''s decisions in the main and Ashton would have brought nothing to our squad as he is half the player that Jason Roberts is.

Why do you all go on all the time about

our support! Considering where we have come from in last 20 years and

all the other clubs in our area then we are doing ok. Year on year our

gates are going up and a sustained period in the top flight will help.

Neil Mellor scored yesterday and helped set up two goals. He did

more in 1 game than Ashton has done all season. I am happy with Paul

Jewell''s decisions in the main and Ashton would have brought nothing to

our squad as he is half the player that Jason Roberts is.

[/quote]

Sower grapes methinks .

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

We will NEVER be a big club whilst these muppets are in charge. WHERE is the ambition? TAKE A BLOODY RISK! But oh no, we wasted our Premiership opportunity, unlike the likes of West Ham who are grasping it with both hands. We now have to accept that we will always be stuck in this league, or worse. Which no doubt people like Dicky/Squit are pleased with...

Worthy Out

And take your bloody cook and puppet Doncaster with you.

[/quote]

If you think that the sale of Aston means that ''we will always be stuck in this league, or worse'' then you are getting a bit carried away. Norwich will be succesful in the future and I hope that you and I will both be there to see it.

Why do you all go on all the time about our support! Considering where we have come from in last 20 years and all the other clubs in our area then we are doing ok. Year on year our gates are going up and a sustained period in the top flight will help.

Neil Mellor scored yesterday and helped set up two goals. He did more in 1 game than Ashton has done all season. I am happy with Paul Jewell''s decisions in the main and Ashton would have brought nothing to our squad as he is half the player that Jason Roberts is.

[/quote]

sorry mate, but you''ve just had your biggest ever game and some 11 thousand turn up, that may be why your support is brought up, if you do beat the arse this week how many will go to the millenium? full quota 35 thou i dont think so. if you beat the arse yo deserve no more than 11 thou,

you are the wimbledon of the north i give you 5 seasons till you are league one or two again.

paul jewell deserves better than what he''s got and as for mellor, you have got to be having a laugh, he''s a fat lazy scally ....