Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

If fans on here were were employed by the club

10 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He could be a Submissive...eager to please.

Or full of his own self importance. 

Anyways let's not go there, and keep it friendly.  

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:
11 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He could be a Submissive...eager to please.

Or just witty.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Anyways let's not go there, and keep it friendly.  

Nutty full of self importance? Not having that.

Not clever or witty. Just a reaction to a thread started to isolate certain supporters from the crowd. Predictably the thread instigator didn't like the switch. Most of them don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Not clever or witty. Just a reaction to a thread started to isolate certain supporters from the crowd. Predictably the thread instigator didn't like the switch. Most of them don't.

We bow down to you unreservedly, your are the voice of the board. 

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Waveney reckons they need a new chef in The Gunn Club so maybe he should have the job himself ?

Would any of  the food reach the Customers?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Sounds a bit like the Elite 750 i read about on here. 😜

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Sounds a bit like the Elite 750 i read about on here. 😜

Would be if I started a thread claiming Tilly, Smiffy and Jobbie are the elite of the board😋

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

What an odd thread. Can’t we all be fans instead?

Apparently not, according to Midlands. Can see why people have blocked him.

10 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

We are all equal, just on here some are more equal than others.

We cant all be part of the elite.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Apparently not, according to Midlands. Can see why people have blocked him.

How would you know that ? Anyway thats unimportant. Are you looking forward to the match and do you have exciting plans for the weekend ? 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How would you know that ? Anyway thats unimportant. Are you looking forward to the match and do you have exciting plans for the weekend ? 

Yeah. Nervous but excited. Leaving to go to the city in half hour.

14 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Yep, this thread existing is proof that some just want to give each other grief for absolutely zero reason.

It is truly a shame HHS, i love being able to share opinions and see others, and remain always open. 

I also enjoy a good debate about differing opinions, it can occasionally change my mind, or clarify my own view, but it's nice when it's conducted in a healthy way. I had one as recently as this week in fact. This, I'm afraid, is an art lost to too many on here. 

The very definition of a forum is the exchange of ideas and views, that's why I keep coming back.

Unfortunately too many threads descend into this - petty point scoring and trying to be 'clever'. When in truth, to their peers (in shared interest only of course), they just look desperate for the attention.

And opinions aside, the fact is that it's when certain posters get involved. We all know who they are. They know who they are. They love it. You can't fight that.

It's all very 'look at me, why aren't you looking? LOOK AT ME'.

Best thing to do is genuinely ignore them. I've started doing this, just dont rise, ever. Makes the forum more enjoyable for sure. I've also started to 'play the post, not the poster', it is difficult sometimes however, admittedly.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Yep, this thread existing is proof that some just want to give each other grief for absolutely zero reason.

It is truly a shame HHS, i love being able to share opinions and see others, and remain always open. 

I also enjoy a good debate about differing opinions, it can occasionally change my mind, or clarify my own view, but it's nice when it's conducted in a healthy way. I had one as recently as this week in fact. This, I'm afraid, is an art lost to too many on here. 

The very definition of a forum is the exchange of ideas and views, that's why I keep coming back.

Unfortunately too many threads descend into this - petty point scoring and trying to be 'clever'. When in truth, to their peers (in shared interest only of course), they just look desperate for the attention.

And opinions aside, the fact is that it's when certain posters get involved. We all know who they are. They know who they are. They love it. You can't fight that.

It's all very 'look at me, why aren't you looking? LOOK AT ME'.

Best thing to do is genuinely ignore them. I've started doing this, just dont rise, ever. Makes the forum more enjoyable for sure. I've also started to 'play the post, not the poster', it is difficult sometimes however, admittedly.

Well said flying dutchman, totally agree.