Sign in to follow this  
Harry53

Was Kane Offside before the penalty?

I am still fuming at only drawing v Spurs when we should have won.

Can someone please put me out of my misery and confirm my suspicions that Harry Kane was offside just before the handball? I am standing level with the penalty box and think he was. Does anyone know for sure if he was?

If so, then the penalty should not have been awarded, but offside instead.

Kane was offside prior to the handball which led to the free kick making it 1-1. The penalty was for a foul and offside did not come into it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Kane was offside prior to the handball which led to the free kick making it 1-1. The penalty was for a foul and offside did not come into it.

I thought so at the time. There is a picture on Twitter which shows it and Zimmermann may be playing him on at the bottom of the clip but it’s very close and if scrutinised like Pukkis may well have been off

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I’m more concerned about the 10 yards back for the wall, looked more like 12/13 to me

The ball was moved 4 yards back by Eriksen but unfortunately VAR turned a blind eye to that, shock horror

Definitely thought he was offside for the free kick. Was hugely disappointed but not surprised that sky sports didn't catch it and play more than a single replay. 

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Bet 365 asked Sky to hush it and not have any more Stockley Park embarrassing replays

Why do you keep mentioning Bet365?