Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Liverpool VAR

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

No mate the decisions were undeniably correct by the laws now in place. What isn't deniable  is the laws need changing.

I hope you enjoy football 2.0 mate because everyone else if going to go and watch Gorleston football is dead because of cretins like you, clap clap to you 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

My question is whether the ref blew for handball?  If he did, the rest is irrelevant and it’s not a goal as Wolves can say they stopped.

The ball was in the net before the whistle. That has already been confirmed.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I hope you enjoy football 2.0 mate because everyone else if going to go and watch Gorleston football is dead because of cretins like you, clap clap to you 

I don't make the laws. 

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

My question is whether the ref blew for handball?  If he did, the rest is irrelevant and it’s not a goal as Wolves can say they stopped.

On Sky they said he blew when the ball was already in the net, so it didn't affect the play.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t know if anyone saw Celtic v Rangers earlier - now that was as clear a handball goal as you’ll get

I did and I was quite happy that goal stood. The ball was driven against his hand from close range, his hand was in a natural position by his side and he had his back to the ball so couldn’t see it coming. Completely accidental unintentional deflection in my opinion 

Shoulder is above the bicep so decision correct. Off side technically correct as well. Problem is .....what has happened to the concept of clear and obvious ....has that now changed or is it still what VAR is supposed to be there for?

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

The ball was in the net before the whistle. That has already been confirmed.

At least that’s something.

I have to say that in nigh-on 40 years of going to games all over the place I’ve seem a lot - but nothing to compare with some of the stuff this season.  I go to see a lot of non-Norwich football at Brentford, Kingstonian and others, and have to say var is reducing the PL into a laughing stock.

5 minutes ago, JF said:

I did and I was quite happy that goal stood. The ball was driven against his hand from close range, his hand was in a natural position by his side and he had his back to the ball so couldn’t see it coming. Completely accidental unintentional deflection in my opinion 

You do know the handball rule for goals, don’t you?  Clearly not:

IFAB Laws of the Game
It is an offence if a player: ...scores in the opponents' goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper.
Edited by Branston Pickle

The problem is that at all other levels of football below the EPL, no linesman would have given any of these contentious decisions offside. They were all level and I'm sure most fair minded football people would like to see all those goals stand.

If we're going to persist with VAR they need to recalibrate it so as to remove these intense feelings of injustice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

You do know the handball rule for goals, don’t you?  Clearly not....

I couldn’t care less about the ever changing rules of handball, I didn’t say if it should or shouldn’t have stood. I said it was clearly unintentional and accidental so I’m happy it stood 

Ricardo, from your comments and your attitude I would estimate that you have neither played or officiated in the Beautifully Game.

or your a bummer....binner 

feckin Pinkun Spell Check ffs !! 

• Sad 1

I think it's the PL's revenge on Wolves for beating ManC

Probably applies to us as well.

New rule - any lower team that has the audacity to beat one of the elite teams and thereby reduce the competitive element of the title race, and thereby reduce viewing figures, will suffer at the hands of VAR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JF said:

I couldn’t care less about the ever changing rules of handball, I didn’t say if it should or shouldn’t have stood. I said it was clearly unintentional and accidental so I’m happy it stood 

Hmmm....I’m sure you’d have said the same if Spurs had scored a similar goal yesterday?!🤔

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

I think it's the PL's revenge on Wolves for beating ManC

Probably applies to us as well.

New rule - any lower team will suffer at the hands of VAR.

Simplified the rule  Planso, to make it easier to interpret for the refs.

Var was introduced to help with clear and obvious mistakes. One clear and f**king obvious mistake was introducing this turd into the game

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Ricardo, from your comments and your attitude I would estimate that you have neither played or officiated in the Beautifully Game.

or your a bummer....binner 

feckin Pinkun Spell Check ffs !! 

I certainly have, although many years ago.

I ask you one question, if that Wolves offside had been allowed then similar offside in three weekend games should also have over ruled.

I don't like these decisions but you can't argue that they aren't consistent.

To be fair, all sides have suffered - some (us?) more than others.  Spuds at Leicester springs to mind (they ‘scored’ a cracker to make it 2-0 and went on to lose 2-1).

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Var was introduced to help with clear and obvious mistakes. One clear and f**king obvious mistake was introducing this turd into the game

Quite agree, it has to go or be refined. At the moment it's killing the game.

Three Wolves chants discernible on Sky

1. V- A-R yer having a laugh

2. VAR VAR VAR ..... VAR VAR VAR ‘R .... VAR VAR VAR.... V-A-R .... V-A-R.....!!!! - probs Liverpool 🤣

3. ‘Who’s your mate in Stockley Park?? Stockley Park, Stockley Park ..... Who’s ....etc etc ....

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I certainly have, although many years ago.

I ask you one question, if that Wolves offside had been allowed then similar offside in three weekend games should also have over ruled.

I don't like these decisions but you can't argue that they aren't consistent.

They

Aren't

Consistent

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

3. ‘Who’s your mate in Stockley Park?? Stockley Park, Stockley Park ..... Who’s ....etc etc 

😁

• Like 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

They

Aren't

Consistent

Show me an offside that has been incorrectly given or over turned.

I can't recall any VAR decision against Liverpool all season. Clear and obvious bias towards them, Man City seem to have had their share against them.

Anyway the Premier League title race is over and VAR has helped Liverpool to it.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can't recall any VAR decision against Liverpool all season. Clear and obvious bias towards them, Man City seem to have had their share.

Anyway the Premier League title race is over and VAR has helped Liverpool to it.

Are you still claiming both decisions were wrong under the present law?

Football, along with all sport, exists for entertainment.

Whats entertaining about seeing some lovely moves that result in goals chalked off because someone’s beard was offside? Is the technology good enough to know the split second the ball leaves a players boot to then draw the offside line? Or the millimetres that is the difference between off and onside in some cases?

Cricket has got it spot on. A review based system that has the important element of ‘umpires call’ that exists because those setting the laws of the game understand that technology can’t be trusted 100%. Let the humans officiate the game and use technology for ‘clear and obvious errors’, even for those supposedly non subjective decisions. Cricket is a sport full of clear cut, right or wrong decisions, yet it has umpires call as they’re not stupid enough to assume technology will always get every decision spot on. Cricket also managed to introduce help for the umpires whilst maintaining (and even enhancing) the entertainment of the sport. Football really is run by idiots.

Either radically reform the whole VAR process, or get rid. It’s not football anymore.

• Like 2