Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Liverpool VAR

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just scored with a handball which apparently is absolutely fine. I give up

Of course it’s fine, it’s Liverpool.

• Like 1

Ref blew. Handball. Wolves free kick. 

Er no.... Heathrow decided from 3 or 4 angles it’s a goal. 

Bet 365 sponsors the extra VA R

An armpit or an armpit hair ?? Is that what we’re down to now 

how long before we reduce ourselves to that old old aviation micro-measurement of a gnats **** ?? 

Joke but this will not last as there is a head of steam building against it. Game in danger of losing credibility

Edited by Making Plans

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Both decisions correct.

But would a Human Being have known ? Without Artificial Intelligence lines drawn by a Bet 365 paid for robot ???

That’s a far clearer offside than Pukkis but it’s still nonsense, offside by an inch, level all day long in every other football season that the game has been played

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Both decisions correct.

After his performance on Sky yesterday and your comments today, I’m starting to wonder if you’re actually Chris Hughton Ricardo? 

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just scored with a handball which apparently is absolutely fine. I give up

If he hadn't put his arm in an unnatural position it wouldn't have hit his shoulder. If a defender did that VAR would say it's a penalty. Honestly VAR is going to cause a riot. Fans will end up causing bother cos the opponents fans will be celebrating a no goal. I thought it was all about entertainment and goals. That is being taken away. Fans will walk believe me !!!

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Both decisions correct.

This was my attitude to VAR until recently.

A system which takes 2 and half minutes to zoom in and draw lines on a pitch to rule out a goal but won't even consider looking at a push like for Lewis' hand ball yesterday is a floored one indeed.

This cannot last in its current form. 

At what point is a ball kicked? when the foot first makes contact or when it leaves his foot. Theres a big margin of error there and even the people watching on TV (forget those in the actual stadium) don't actually get to see the check on that.

This whole thing is cowardly and seeing 5/6 people gathered around computer monitors to interfere with a game is cheating everyone inside the stadium.

Ignore Rileys lie. It wouldn't not take any longer for a referee to run over and review his own decisions than it would the duration its currently taking. Decisions need to be made in the stadium by the match referee - the technology is there for him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

The law needs to be changed but both decisions were actually spot on.

You have absolutely lost it mate, somebody call a doctor

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The law needs to be changed but both decisions were actually spot on.

How can it be ok for the ball to touch a players shoulder...but that same part of the anatomy to be adjudged as offside?....which is it?...it can't be both?

...the answer lies in which club its applicable to 

The handball decision wasn’t ‘correct’ if the ref had already blown for it....which I believe he had?  I’ve not seen so cant be sure that’s right (but is what I’ve read in bbc)

No mate the decisions were undeniably correct by the laws now in place. What isn't deniable  is the laws need changing.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

The handball decision wasn’t ‘correct’ if the ref had already blown for it....which I believe he had?  I’ve not seen so cant be sure that’s right (but is what I’ve read in bbc)

I'm watching it and it's correct.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How can it be ok for the ball to touch a players shoulder...but that same part of the anatomy to be adjudged as offside?....which is it?...it can't be both?

I think VAR is a complete mess but the part your criticising is actually correct.

it would be correct for the part that's able to be used to make contact with the ball to also qualify for being offside. 

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I don’t see your logic: the point would be that hitting a guy’s shoulder is ok, so your shoulder is an ‘offside’ part of the body and also not considered part of the arm...it’s consistent.

Just seen the handball and that’s as clear a handball as you will see, controlled it into Mane’s path with his outstretched upper arm. Absolute joke 

Edit having re looked and paused it could have hit his shoulder

Edited by JF

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

A goal can be scored by a shoulder so both cases are indeed correct.

I don't like it anymore than you but the present law has been followed.