Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Percy Positive

looking at the new years day fixtures, if we beat CP I believe we will start to climb back to safety. Our consistency over the last month has improved and as we have seen we are creating a ton of changes. We scored 3 yesterday against last years Champions League finalists no less!

Villa have Burnley and Watford are home to Wolves who are on fire. West ham are about to shoot themselves in the foot with there next likely appointment and the natives are not going to like it. They play underperforming Bournemouth.

We are simply not a team which rolls over often, the support has stayed strong and we deserve a very, very large slice of good fortune. 

So, there you have it. If City beat CP on New years day, I truly feel this team have enough to give it a really good go at making it to safety.

• Like 1

Just now, East Rider said:

looking at the new years day fixtures, if we beat CP I believe we will start to climb back to safety. Our consistency over the last month has improved and as we have seen we are creating a ton of changes. We scored 3 yesterday against last years Champions League finalists no less!

Villa have Burnley and Watford are home to Wolves who are on fire. West ham are about to shoot themselves in the foot with there next likely appointment and the natives are not going to like it. They play underperforming Bournemouth.

We are simply not a team which rolls over often, the support has stayed strong and we deserve a very, very large slice of good fortune. 

So, there you have it. If City beat CP on New years day, I truly feel this team have enough to give it a really good go at making it to safety.

Lakey junior joined up ? 

Not sure I’d say appointing David Moyes is shooting them in the foot but you never know

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Not sure I’d say appointing David Moyes is shooting them in the foot but you never know

I think there is potential for it to turn quite nasty at West Ham unless results go for them immediately, which may cause them some issues. There very expensive signings have not performed too well and that is a club which has a crowd that can turn quickly. 

I’m with you all the way on this East Rider . I think we can make a fight of it .

Others , who are perfectly entitled to their opinions , may think it deluded and possibly a bit simple . When it come to NCFC they could have a point ! So what ! 
That little 7 year old boy who walked down to Carrow Road to see his heroes play for the first time 48 years ago (clinging to his dad’s hand for dear life ) , would I know , heartily approve of his 55 year old self possibly making a fool of himself over Norwich City . 

That’ll do for me . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

We are playing well with absolutely no luck but that doesn't excuse some lightweight defending at times. We defended well against Spurs and kept a clean sheet in open play 😜, carry that forward into the Palace game and you never know.

I'll be interested to see how we cope with the physicality of Palace but we'll take the game to them and I'm sure we can cause them lots of problems. I'm also pleased to see Hanley is looking solid in defence, could be a great leader for us.

51 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I’m with you all the way on this East Rider . I think we can make a fight of it .

Others , who are perfectly entitled to their opinions , will think us deluded and possibly a bit simple . When it come to NCFC they could have a point ! So what ! 
That little 7 year old boy who walked down to Carrow Road to see his heroes play for the first time 48 years ago (clinging to his dad’s hand for dear life ) , would I know , heartily approve of his 55 year old self possibly making a fool of himself over Norwich City . 

That’ll do for me . 

Sounds like you walked down to Carrow Road for the first time only a couple of years ahead of me. Unforgettable, immensely enjoyable and exciting time indeed.

I can clearly see the futility some might apportion to this probability but there is something different about this team. We all saw it last year and yes, we should have strengthened in a couple of areas however, we are hitting consistency and if we get the rub of the green more often and produce a good result on new years day, you never know.

I saw the odds against us staying up and had an inward smile. I'm not a betting man but I love it when we are written off. Someone out there could possibly make a packet this season on us.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lakey junior joined up ? 

So whose alter-ego are you MY? Highland Canary Mark 2? 😉

25 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So whose alter-ego are you MY? Highland Canary Mark 2? 😉

Don’t take it to heart ! Have people had their sense of humour taken away ?

Good to see there are others out there who like to think positively and of course we are still in the fight to stay in the league. The problems we have had so far are gradually dissipating and we are showing we are learning and improving. There is not one really poor set up in the whole league, so it is going to be tight for everyone this season and we are not the whipping boys some predicted. Even with our low amount of points, we are competing well and the lack of pressure being put on the players will pay dividends. Your Bournmouths, West Hams and Villas will be feeling the tension a lot more as the season progresses, whereas we will just carry on with the way we play every week, with - imo - increasing confidence and better results.

It’s a home win for me. A draw at worst. We’ ll Play a more robust set up in midfield and plan to nullify Zaha. 

If the lads aren’t up for it after the Spurs game they never will be. 

My guess is that our boys will be ready to give it everything. 

On 29/12/2019 at 12:12, lake district canary said:

Good to see there are others out there who like to think positively and of course we are still in the fight to stay in the league. The problems we have had so far are gradually dissipating and we are showing we are learning and improving. There is not one really poor set up in the whole league, so it is going to be tight for everyone this season and we are not the whipping boys some predicted. Even with our low amount of points, we are competing well and the lack of pressure being put on the players will pay dividends. Your Bournmouths, West Hams and Villas will be feeling the tension a lot more as the season progresses, whereas we will just carry on with the way we play every week, with - imo - increasing confidence and better results.

Totally agree there are 20 games left and anything can happen, we have shown improvement over the past few games confidence must be growing. maybe pick up a player or two and who knows. whatever happens it’s not over till the fat lady sings

10 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Totally agree there are 20 games left and anything can happen, we have shown improvement over the past few games confidence must be growing. maybe pick up a player or two and who knows. whatever happens it’s not over till the fat lady sings

There are only 18 games left

I've been very proud of recent performances we just need a bit of luck ,certain players have now stepped up otbc

Edited by Canary dwarf