Sign in to follow this  

On form again today. Great tackle to win possession for Mario. Good passing and through balls as always.. 

12 hours ago, Chumino said:

On form again today. Great tackle to win possession for Mario. Good passing and through balls as always.. 

Terrific again - but it begs the question - why was he so reluctant to take players on against Villa?

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Terrific again - but it begs the question - why was he so reluctant to take players on against Villa?

I think it  was  apparent  early on in the game that he was marked out  as a danger man so to combat this he was instructed  to shift the ball quickly,  looking for  one twos rather than taking his man/ men on. 

For me he was our MOM, his energy, tackling, tracking back and vision was on par with anything Spurs had on the pitch, if not better. Utter brilliant yesterday.

Could do with the same level of protection refs give to other creative players in the league. If Buendia was Sterling or even Grealish hed likely have got 5 or 6 free kicks that he didnt get yesterday.

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

First on the list when other clubs come shopping I reckon.

I agree. In fact what ever division we are in next season I would be surprised to see him still here, which is a shame.

As this seasons progressed he has become better and better. I said at the start of the campaign to a Chelsea supporting friend to look out for him but then his performances dipped which was a bit embarrassing, as I had bigged him up a bit.

However, with our better performances of late he has also started to show what he can do and it is impressive stuff. 

13 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

First on the list when other clubs come shopping I reckon.

I reckon you are right. Sad day when he goes. Gifted. Value must reflect his age and talent. What do we reckon? 

11 minutes ago, Chumino said:

I reckon you are right. Sad day when he goes. Gifted. Value must reflect his age and talent. What do we reckon? 

I have no idea, but I’d like to see at least £25 million not to feel we’ve lost out.

Emi's record of creating chances this season is little short of incredible. 

All top clubs have extensive access to every conceivable stat these days and they will all be aware of just how good Emi has been. 

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I have no idea, but I’d like to see at least £25 million not to feel we’ve lost out.

I'll feel we've lost out whatever the figure. The market is nuts and young flair exciting players of Emi's quality are very rare. I can see him reaching an astronomical transfer figure at some point later so I'll go for £30 mil plus 10% sell on. Still rather keep him 

1 hour ago, Chumino said:

Grealish looked poor yesterday. 

I think Grealish is overated.  Skill, yes, very good and on his day is very influential, but a Maddison he is not imo. He has a touch of dishonesty in his play, looking for free kicks when he would be better trying to stay on his feet.....someone of his skill level doesn't need to do that.  You don't see Maddison doing that and he is the direct comparison a lot of people make.

Buendia must be incredibly annoying to play against as he is so quick footed and invariably gets his foot in front of the ball and gets kicked a lot more as a result - and he doesn't get all the free kicks he should.  Has been much more effective in recent weeks which means he is learning - a compliment to him and to the coaching staff for that.  If he can keep this form going and Vrancic continues to look the class player he is, then we are going to do better as the season progresses.  Just need Hernandez to be firing on all cylinders and/or Cantwell on top form to have three/four top quality midfielders in the team. 

Needs to be taken off set peices, barely beat the first man on free kicks and corners.

Fantastic talent, looks like that little stint on the bench might have done him some good. 

Edited by CDMullins

For me he has done it in both Championship and now premiership, younger than Maddison but looks as good, so by 80 million Madders valuation we must be looking at possibly the first 50 million Norwich player?

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think Grealish is overated.  Skill, yes, very good and on his day is very influential, but a Maddison he is not imo. He has a touch of dishonesty in his play, looking for free kicks when he would be better trying to stay on his feet.....someone of his skill level doesn't need to do that.  You don't see Maddison doing that and he is the direct comparison a lot of people make.

Hmm... I think you may be looking at Madders through yellow and green glasses there re the “looking for free kicks” comment. I don’t watch the other PL teams, so maybe he’s changed since he played for us, but back then he could be pretty cute about going down if it was a good or the only option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Buendia must be incredibly annoying to play against as he is so quick footed and invariably gets his foot in front of the ball and gets kicked a lot more as a result - and he doesn't get all the free kicks he should.  Has been much more effective in recent weeks which means he is learning - a compliment to him and to the coaching staff for that.  If he can keep this form going and Vrancic continues to look the class player he is, then we are going to do better as the season progresses.  Just need Hernandez to be firing on all cylinders and/or Cantwell on top form to have three/four top quality midfielders in the team. 

You're right about his quick feet and hard to play against, he's also strong for his size, in the tackle and doesn't get knocked off the ball easily. I think his corners are fine, we need to convert them. If he could add free kicks to his locker he would elevate himself to the very top and be mentioned in the same breath as the world greats in time. Still don't think it will be long until full International call up or other clubs come calling. 

Madders used to go to ground regularly, most fouled player in the champs at one point iirc. 

Edited by Chumino
Grammar