Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

It’s Not Football Anymore

Never before have we had this existential threat of football being totally ruined before. It’s genuinely disturbing.

VAR is worrying ex-pros, analysts, fan groups but not the people in charge. Had there ever been a more clear message that we, as football going customers are just pure scum to these people.

i can’t see this ending any other way than thousands of fans flocking to lower league football and the premier league being surrendered to people watching on TV in the Far East. It’s a joke.

I have a conspiracy theory. For 20+ years we the fans have called for VAR and FIFA have resisted. Behind every other sport, they were reluctantly persuaded.

'OK. Let zem have their video decisions. We will enforce it to the letter. We will ruin ze game, zen zey will BEG us to get rid of it, and we need never speak of this again'

At least, thats what Im hoping

Seriously if disallowing Pukki's goal doesn't act as the catalyst to every football fan whatever flavour in kickstsarting a grassroots groundswell movement to kick var out of the beautiful game I honestly despair for the future of the game. Its killing the game in the grounds. Absolutely disgraceful, the tech and application is not working. That goal was a great goal within the rules throughout time. 

Why oh why are they so insistent on a players shoulder possibly being one mm offside, but then allow Spurs to take the free kick that resulted in a goal 3-4 yards further back from where it was awarded, thus giving the taker a better chance of getting it over the wall and back down into the goal?

6 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I have a conspiracy theory. For 20+ years we the fans have called for VAR and FIFA have resisted. Behind every other sport, they were reluctantly persuaded.

'OK. Let zem have their video decisions. We will enforce it to the letter. We will ruin ze game, zen zey will BEG us to get rid of it, and we need never speak of this again'

At least, thats what Im hoping

It’s not the Germans f**cking this up though is it? It’s English refs in an English League. So it’s an easy fix, tell the f**king VAR referee if it ain’t obviously wrong, go with the on field referees decision....

we need a massive banner that just says 

“Pukki Was Onside”

we can use it every time he is inevitably screwed out of a legitimate goal in the upcoming games by corrupt officials