Sign in to follow this  
Rhino1

Shout for Tettey -

Having kicked the cat, punched the wall, sunk a bottle of wine, shouted at the Mrs, complained about the world being totally unjust I have eventually calmed down. Easy to walk past it but Tettey should be praised big time, not our most glamorous player, with a reputation for not being able to play more than one game in a week, he battled brilliantly on Boxing Day, and again today with very tired limbs he gave everything, hats off to him.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Having kicked the cat, punched the wall, sunk a bottle of wine, shouted at the Mrs, complained about the world being totally unjust I have eventually calmed down. Easy to walk past it but Tettey should be praised big time, not our most glamorous player, with a reputation for not being able to play more than one game in a week, he battled brilliantly on Boxing Day, and again today with very tired limbs he gave everything, hats off to him.

Agree he has been reliable and looking very comfortable in the Prem. Great servant of our club. 

Been picked regularly by every Coach/manager we have had in his time at Carrow road simply because he is a very good defensive midfielder.Might even get another season out of him with a bit of luck.

An injury free Tettey is one of our most effective players, and has been for years.

Strong in the tackle, knows his limitations and doesn't tend to make silly passes, occasionally unleashes a thunderbolt shot and works tirelessly the entire time he's on the pitch.

One of our best servants of the past 10-15 years, and criminally underrated by some IMHO.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

occasionally unleashes a thunderbolt shot

He's an odd one, his shots are always spectacular; either spectacularly good or spectacularly bad! 

Agreed on the theme, he's been very good this season and last when played. He makes us better.

10 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

An injury free Tettey is one of our most effective players, and has been for years.

Strong in the tackle, knows his limitations and doesn't tend to make silly passes, occasionally unleashes a thunderbolt shot and works tirelessly the entire time he's on the pitch.

One of our best servants of the past 10-15 years, and criminally underrated by some IMHO.

Absolutely this, great post. One of my favourite NCFC players of the past 20 years.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Absolutely this, great post. One of my favourite NCFC players of the past 20 years.

Have to agree,  hes been generally reliable and gives his all. An unsung  hero. Those old clunky knees aren't done yet.  He  is one of the good things  about football that stop me dwelling on  the likes of VAR, diving and big team bias. 

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hes been so good at what he does for so long now.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes been so good at what he does for so long now.

There will be a big Alex shaped hole in our team when he quits playing.  His replacement needs bringing  in  and acclimatising  to our style asap. 

14 hours ago, Rhino1 said:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

He’s been consistently excellent for us in his position.

Ive been watching City for over 25 years now and IMO he’s the best defensive midfielder we’ve had in that period.

Seconded. Would like to add  that for the short time he was with us, Gary O Neil  was the best 'closer outer ' of a game that we have had, certainly in the last ten years.  Boy could we do with a player like him at times this season.