Sign in to follow this  
duke63

Pellegrini sacked

No surprise with either bits of news. I must say Villa looked the worst side I have seen in the EPL, how they beat us I have no idea.

Due to WHU situation suspect it might be one of the get you out of jail managers. Suspect they won’t be down the bottom there for much longer.

Villa beat us through a combination of our poor finishing and their superb goalkeeping. On another day we'd have won 2 or 3 nil.

Can't see where the 134 million they spent has gone tbh, as their best players on the day were Grealish and Hourihane!

2 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Can't see where the 134 million they spent has gone tbh, as their best players on the day were Grealish and Hourihane!

Much as I dislike the bloke, in most matches Grealish looks head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and when he was out through injury they were absolute pants. I sincerely hope the tabloid rumours are true about him leaving in January are true.... at least there will be one team we are guaranteed to finish above.

Because the WH board smelt the coffee, unlike the f**kwit City board. Who are content with allowing City to gently slip back into the championship. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, City fan said:

Because the WH board smelt the coffee, unlike the f**kwit City board. Who are content with allowing City to gently slip back into the championship. 

Are you saying we should be sacking Farke?

If City Fan is on fact a City Fan, then he / she / it  is almost certainly aged 13 or under as it has to be the only excuse. 

16 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

Much as I dislike the bloke, in most matches Grealish looks head and shoulders above the rest of the team, and when he was out through injury they were absolute pants. I sincerely hope the tabloid rumours are true about him leaving in January are true.... at least there will be one team we are guaranteed to finish above.

That's the point though Sooty, Grealish came through their youth system, and they only paid £3 mil for Hourihane 3 years ago, the money they've spent this season seems totally lacking on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Just announced David Moyes. 

That's a strange one. He was dreadful for them last time wasn't he?

Yes, he'll probably bore them to death, but as long as they survive, hey?

8 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

That's the point though Sooty, Grealish came through their youth system, and they only paid £3 mil for Hourihane 3 years ago, the money they've spent this season seems totally lacking on the pitch.

Hourihane was a great buy, I much prefer him to Grealish. It’s probably only because he is English that he gets such raves reviews - he’s good, but not as good as Maddison, or as good as Cantwell will become, or Buendia either. 

You're right in saying that Grealish isn't as good as Maddison (or Buendia IMHO), I do think he's above TC at present, but agree that Cantwell has the potential to be better, but he's still a better overall player than Hourihane who I do think is pretty underrated.

Either way, it's a sad indictment of Villa spending 134 million in the summer, when their best two players are the guy who came through the youth team, and a chap they picked up for relative peanuts 3 seasons ago! Wesley doesn't look like he's worth even 5 million, never mind the 23 mil they paid for him, there's very little Marvelous about Nakamba at 12 mil, and they certainly got Targetted with that 17 mil price tag for a left-back who's no better than either of Lewis or Byram (who we paid 750k for). The list goes on from there, and let's not mention how they released McCormack this season after paying close to 15 mil in total and him returning a solid 3 goals in that time period at a cost of approx 5 mil per goal!

Whoever is in charge of Villa's spending is utterly clueless, and whilst some of our fans may envy having an owner with deep pockets, if that's the sort of prices we'd be paying for those players, I'll stick with our current approach, because we look to be getting better players, for a fraction of what they're paying, and our football is much better to watch in the process (especially when we're not getting screwed by VAR, dodgy refs or injuries).

• Like 2

True Indy and around we go, Villa fans always maintain that they are a Big Club and of course they are. 

Just like Newcastle, they spend a fortune, yet never seem to make a sustained challenge, they may have one good season, then sink back among the strugglers. 

Managers come and go, huge sums are invested, yet the outcome is always the same. If Villa do go down there will be questions to answer over FFP.