Sign in to follow this  
Il Pirata

Grant Hanley

7 hours ago, Chumino said:

Hanley has done well last 2 games, does BG get straight back in? I think Grant is actually better at the defending element. Obviously Godfrey has his all round attributes. For me Hanley stays in as long as he is fit and his performances are worthy. 

Good question. To be fair to Hanley he’s been pretty solid, and better than I expected tbh. But I think Zimmermann is missing Godfrey - it may take a few games to work up an understand with Hanley so a true comparison can be made, but I think you are trading pace and passing ability against robust defense - maybe three CB’s is a way to accommodate their respective strengths when Godfrey is fit again? 

Same old story, a player written off without getting a proper chance to show what he can do. Clearly wasn't up to speed early in the season due to a long time out but had to play and has looked very good since coming back in. 

Also interesting how good Vrancic was, two years ago many were writing him off despite, guess what, not giving him a proper chance to show what he can do. 

• Like 1