Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

One point closer to 17th position

There is the main positive to take from today. Yes, West Ham have played one game less, but they could well lose that.

So one point closer to safety and everything to play for.

OTBC           

• Like 2

Really gutting we potentially lost because of VAR. Had we won, and managed to do so again against Palace on NYD, we would have been in a much better position, especially in terms of convincing targets in January.

• Like 1

I'm not denying that LDC but hey, guess what, every other poster on here saw the performance, we know the result and we are all capable of looking at the league table and understanding it. We don't need you to keep stating the bleeding obvious

Edited by Making Plans

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There is the main positive to take from today. Yes, West Ham have played one game less, but they could well lose that.

OTBC           

Clutching at straws definition... see above. 

We played really well again tonight, but sadly didn't get what we deserved. 

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

OTBC           

B51D6658-BEFB-4FB8-90BE-008D3A9ECD93.jpeg

• Haha 2

Ah, so trying to engender a bit of positivity is "attention seeking", whilst being negative is deemed as the way things are.

I think I'll stick to trying to be positive wherever I can, at least it means I am looking forwards to hopefully seeing us get at least another point closer to safety in our next match, after all - small steps added up become big steps after a while.

Long way to go yet but in one day we are already 1/7th of the way back. It can be done.

OTBC

Sorry Lakey but I just can't see it happening, not with the form that Watford are now in.

I just can't see two teams being sucked into the bottom three, and it would need to be two for us to stay up because Watford will be the escapees if any. 

The problem is that the club won't be prepared to gamble in the transfer market on survival, and at this stage I don't think they should, they'll be signing the type of raw talent which will need time to bed in and break into the first XI.... with next season in mind. 

It was a good performance and a good point, but I just don't see how we've got enough strings to our bow to achieve the number of wins we'd need to survive.

Lets just hope we can succeed in coming straight back, and look stronger next time for it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ah, so trying to engender a bit of positivity is "attention seeking", whilst being negative is deemed as the way things are.

I think I'll stick to trying to be positive wherever I can, at least it means I am looking forwards to hopefully seeing us get at least another point closer to safety in our next match, after all - small steps added up become big steps after a while.

Long way to go yet but in one day we are already 1/7th of the way back. It can be done.

OTBC

Just be who you want to be mate, its a free country.

But other people are also free to find you annoying. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

OTBC

You’re such a self righteous bell end. Let the results play out instead of telling fans how they should feel and behave. Absolutely nothing anybody writes on this site, being negativity or your unfounded positivity, will have any effect on the results and performances of NCFC.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

39 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You’re such a self righteous bell end. Let the results play out instead of telling fans how they should feel and behave. Absolutely nothing anybody writes on this site, being negativity or your unfounded positivity, will have any effect on the results and performances of NCFC.

Where have I told anyone how to behave or feel on this thread?   Just giving my opinion.  

As for the written word not being influential, that is just the same as saying fans at football grounds are not influential. Anything can be influential if it is seen or experienced by anyone - and even if just one person is encouraged by the the thought that we are slightly nearer safety tonight as a result of today's matches, then it is worth it.   Even if no-one gets that, then it is my view anyway and I am entitled to put it, preferably without being abused for it.  

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Where have I told anyone how to behave or feel on this thread?   Just giving my opinion.  

As for the written word not being influential, that is just the same as saying fans at football grounds are not influential. Anything can be influential if it is seen or experienced by anyone - and even if just one person is encouraged by the the thought that we are slightly nearer safety tonight as a result of today's matches, then it is worth it.   Even if no-one gets that, then it is my view anyway and I am entitled to put it, preferably without being abused for it.  

After having read all that waffle, I conclude you’re still a bell end talking nonsense 😀👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

After having read all that waffle, I conclude you’re still a bell end talking nonsense 😀👍🏻

Well my waffle was at least relevant to your post, which is more than can be said for your posts to me.

I never said anything other than to offer a positive about today, which in your eagerness to lay into me, you geefully ignored.

Lakey in his positivity seemingly ignores the reality of the second half performances which have been woeful and have led from winning positions to the surrender of numerous points which have become an Achilles heel.

But lets understand why he continues to be so annoyingly positive in spite of the evidence it provides the opportunity for LDC to continually spout inane conjecture.  As evidenced by replying to every post in this thread and any others.  Does he live on the internet?  Suggest getting a life and letting us live with the misery of supporting City at the present.

Look forward to your response don't expect me to read.

Influence?

I live partly (7 months) in the UK (North Norfolk) and partly (5 months) in Portugal.

I do not, for varying reasons, go to football matches very often.

I do not know any of our players or anyone who does know them.

I do not use Facebook, Twiter or anything else.

I have absolutely no influence on what happens on the pitch when NCFC play football.

When people say on here we won’t sign any players,To be truthful that is right but also what players want to sign for a team that is possibly going down.

I'm not prepared to chuck in the towell just yet and I don't think the players are either. Let's see how we do against Palace, a win and 4 points from 2 games gives us something to build on.

Obviously the odds are heavily stacked against us but we ARE playing well and last night's 2nd half performance shows we can battle as well. Morally we won that game and the fans are still with Daniel and the players. 

In terms of attracting new players I want hungry lads, who want to play and do well for the club, not some can't be arsed journeyman who just rocks up for a big salary. If our current league position puts off that type of player then that's fine by me.

I hope the players take a positive energy from last night's complete and utter injustice as I'm pretty wound up to be honest.

Anyway rant over.

OTBC

9 wins needed. The first being on New Year's Day against Palace.

3-0 or 3-1. I'm calling it now. We will want to put right the injustice and our home crowd will be roaring on the players. 

No one is throwing in the towel, some of us are realistic and enjoy each game for what it’s worth, accepting that 100% of teams who were seven points adrift 7 point from safety at this stage of the season go down.......

But totally agree I don’t want to see journeymen who just ere for their final pension top up as Naismith’s of this world. Younger Hungary players, I want to see more of our youth fringe players if we hit the last half dozen games already down, to give them a taste of this big league to motivate them for next season.......

The issue is sonyc, we’ve taken points from all those who play football, we struggle against physical clog hoppers and as such lost all our games against potential relegation rivals, to win against palace would be a very good result.

On 28/12/2019 at 20:45, lake district canary said:

OTBC           

Isn't that game in hand against Liverpool? If so they probably will lose the game. I get your point but we need to start winning soon. 

On 29/12/2019 at 14:32, Indy said:

No one is throwing in the towel, some of us are realistic and enjoy each game for what it’s worth, accepting that 100% of teams who were seven points adrift 7 point from safety at this stage of the season go down.......

But totally agree I don’t want to see journeymen who just ere for their final pension top up as Naismith’s of this world. Younger Hungary players, I want to see more of our youth fringe players if we hit the last half dozen games already down, to give them a taste of this big league to motivate them for next season.......

Not too fussed what nationality they are as long as they can put in a shift 😉

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2019 at 14:33, Indy said:

The issue is sonyc, we’ve taken points from all those who play football, we struggle against physical clog hoppers and as such lost all our games against potential relegation rivals, to win against palace would be a very good result.

At one stage we were down to Tettey as our last physical, experienced player. Then he got injured. I really believe that with Christoph, Grant & Alex in the team we'll be far better able to cope with the Burnleys of this league; in fact we may be better off leaving Ben out for the time being, even though I'd rather see him playing for pure footballing reasons, & they'll be plenty of time to bring him in a bit later in his career (unless we sell him for a fortune!).

We desperately need those players to stay fit.